z

Young Writers Society

At what age did you start writing and

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:28 am
Paul Diamond says...

I was a late and very recent starter. My first unassigned story was when I was 18. I don't know why I started but I got the bug.

P.
'When things get taken too far, that is when life truly gets interesting.'

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:19 am
Bloo says...

Well depends really. When I was younger, like six, I like to write crud comics a lot. This was inspired by a teacher who told me to not tell far fetched lies, and make stories instead. Later on I used to write down TVish adventures that I used to then play in my head in class.

When I was in fourth grade I started with movies, and me and some friends used to always saw we would make them, casting our friends as them. Lets just say we never did.

Finally when I started to like to read at eleven, I wrote actually stories, and have been doing that (with poems every once and awhile) ever since.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:53 pm
Lucinda says...

I started /literally/ writing at age four. I'm homeschooled, and I *really* remember sitting in front of a chalkboard and being like, "Hey, mommy, how do you write the word 'love'?"
And she wrote it down on the board, "L-O-V-E". I used to think that it was "L-U-V" like in the chatspeak. So then I tracked down my twin (who learned to write earlier) and I was like, "Did you know that 'love' is spelled L-O-V-E?"
"Yes."
"Oh."
But anyway, I remember that I wrote little messages to my family that said "I love you" and one time--I was such a mean child--I wrote "I ran away" and put it on my mom's mirror and hid under her bed. XD That was terrible.
The history of the world
My pet
Is learn forgiveness
And try to forget!

-Sweeney Todd

I'm a damsel...
I'm in distress...
I can handle it.
Have a nice day.

-Hercules

Masquerade!
Paper faces on parade
Masquerade
Hide your face so the world can never find you.

-The Phantom of the Opera

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:44 am
Kibble says...

I first wrote when I was five/six; we had writing time (which I loved), but it was mostly a journal type thing. I always wrote heaps of that though. Then one day my mum let me use the computer and I wrote a story. I also made some picture books, undated, one of which involved two kids finding an entrance to a secret world, in which everything was made of rainbows. :D
"You are altogether a human being, Jane? You are certain of that?"
"I conscientiously believe so, Mr Rochester."
~ Jane Eyre

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:17 am
Azzman88 says...

I started writing about a year ago. I am 20 now.
I just started because at the time i had a fair bit of time on my hands and kind of got a little depressed. It was a way for me to release, express myself bacause i tend not to talk to anyone about that kind of stuff.
I dont think any of it is that good but its from the heart so its all that matters.
I think i have the bug :)
It's at the moment you lose everything that you are free to do anything - Fight Club

Reviews: 3
Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:55 am
Dash_ says...

When I started kindergarten I used to write storied like "Me and my mum went to the shop and bought apples." I used to get into trouble because that was all I wrote. But when she told us to write a story we had to write about something we did, and that's what we used to do after school, go out and buy stuff for dinner. My parents were pretty poor when I was younger.

But I started trying to write seriously when I was eight or nine about girls that had it all. My old best friend was rich and had all the dolls I had ever dreamed of and I was so jealous I started writing stories about rich little girls who had it all. But it never went anywhere because I didn't have a plot.

Then, when I was about eleven or twelve I went back to an old little site I used to go on that had a story section and I started writing again, but still I little tacky. I started getting five stars for evey piece I wrote and I was really proud of myself. After a while Mum and Dad's bills caught up with them and we lost the internet for about eight months. I died then let me tell you.

When we got it back I couldn't remember the address and completely forgot about it all over again. About this time last year when I was fourteen I found the site again and went back and starting writing again and I haven't stopped. I'm writing a series now, but I think it's a bit cliche. But when I post the first chapter up you guys can tell me.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:28 am
Lava says...

I started writing, no scratch that, making up stories in my head since I was 8/9. It was basically because I felt all depressed and thought I was an abused, not-loved child and all that crap. And in my stories, the girls had everything and did anything they wanted to.

And then, I went on a break for a long while and I started to write about a few years back basically, as a way of relaxation and to get out the thoughts in my head. Because, for some reason, I started to make up a bunch of stories, only to stop halfway through.

So writing, yes, I started only about 2 years back.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:56 am
LexiconDevil says...

I was 13. I hated writing in elementary school; I dreaded having to write journal entries and I always gave half the effort when it came to an assignment we had every year, which was to write our own little stories.

However, even though I hated writing as a kid, I was always imagining stories in my head. I was constantly daydreaming and lost in my own thoughts. I was way too embarrassed and self-conscious of them to ever share them, though... which really continues to this day in a lot of ways. XD

For a while, I wanted to draw so I could become good enough to draw my stories as comics, so I was around 12 when I started to take drawing seriously. I wasn't improving fast enough for me to happy with, however, so one day I decided that I should eventually write the stories that I had in my head, so I could transfer it into a comic later on.

I wasn't even seriously planning on writing for a while, but one day I had a terrible idea for fanfiction. I got stuck at about page 2. Then my brother suggested that I write something else to get rid of the writer's block, so I started on a story that had been swimming in my head for a while.

I ended up writing all night, and up to about 25 pages. Never looked back at that fanfic ever again (though I did write fanfiction years later, haha).

I wish I still had the first piece I wrote, but all of my early writing is gone since my computer crashed about two years ago. But after that night, writing gave me such an exhilarating feeling, and so I kept writing all of the stories that were in my head from then on.

Sometimes I wish I could bottle whatever I felt that night, since I could use it on the days where I wish I could write but just can't get up the nerve. I didn't take writing seriously at all, and sometimes I feel like I need to lighten up to where I was back then, where I could just write anything and be happy... only with a crapload more knowledge than I had before. Then I'd be golden. :]
Faith, it drives me away,
But it turns me on
Like a strangers love

It rockets through the universe,
It fuels the lies and feeds the curse,
Believes we could be

Glorious

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:36 pm
pudin.junidf says...

I started writing when I was about eleven.I began writing poems and short stories. I remmeber the first poems I wrote, thery were very short and...angsty.

Then the short stories, I have tons but I began when I was elven. I remember the names of my stories: Witchcraft Love and Blood Hunt. I'll post them someday. Then I continued writing poetry and short stories, until I decided to make a novel out of Witchcracft Love. But I never finished it becuse I lost the course of the plot.
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:55 am
ArtOfSilence says...

I started around age 12 after reading way, way (way) too much for a normal person and deciding i wanted to write my own novels.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:00 pm
narniafreak12 says...

I believe I was about seven. My first story I actually still have is about a dog finding a home. It was four pages, but that's not much since my handwriting was huge. I reread it from time to time and laugh at how funny my handwriting was.

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:43 am
foxfire says...

i guess i started writing when i was eight or nine and it was about a story about some guy who hates animals and he was rescued by a dog when he fell on a sewer.
John McClane: Drop it. It's the police.
Tony: You won't hurt me.
John McClane: Oh, yeah? Why not?
Tony: Because you're a policeman. There are rules for policemen.
John McClane: Yeah. That's what my captain keeps telling me

Reviews: 4
Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:29 am
musicfish789 says...

I actually started writing when I was about eight or nine. My mother is a writer, and she always asked me to read her Harry Potter fan-fiction, because she knew I'd read all the books. So I grew up with her writing, and I remember thinking, if she can do that, then why shouldn't I? So I started writing fan-fiction myself, but looking back on it it was more me making up a new character and writing about that character in the setting of another book. But after a while I started writing more and more, until I began creating my own style and coming up with more original ideas. Now I'm sixteen, and I have about a thousand different story ideas waltzing about in my head, and I've been an active member in my high school's Writer's Guild for three years now, and I've learned that I'm not the only avid writer I know. And making friends with other writers my age has only spurred on my enthusiasm for writing. :)
"There's nothing wrong with being a loser, it just depends on how good you are at it."
~Billie Joe Armstrong~

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:22 pm
Satira says...

I think I always liked writing... One of my first stories (the first I can remember writing) was about two ladybugs that got dumped into a field from a jar, and they were confused. They kept saying "This is not are home!" I didn't know how to spell 'our'.
I didn't write stories that weren't for school until I was around twelve. I had always been sort of good at writing, though, because of the amount of time I spent reading in my more 'formative years'. I was encouraged by a lot of my teachers, and it grew from there. I still haven't ever finished a story, though... oh well.
"if only, if only,"
the woodpecker sighed,
"the bark on the trees
were as soft as the skies."

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:25 pm
View Likes
r4p17 says...

I began writing at age nine when I wrote a historical fiction book. It was my first novella to speak of.
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

Love is not an emotion. Love is a promise.
— 12th Doctor