z

Young Writers Society

Who is your all-time favourite fantasy hero/villan?

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:46 pm
MagnusBane says...

Heroes Probably Rachel Morgan from the Hollows series and Clary from the Mortal Instruments series. Both of them are totally awesome, and the things they do crack me up.

Villains Professor Umbridge from Harry Potter. I never really hated Voldemort but Umbridge just ticked me off.
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:00 am
ridersofdamar says...

Dargquon Ql'deleodna nice points on the Salvatore books, but I would count Artemis as hero, especially in Road of the Patriarch, where he is my favorite. And Dreamer, Achilles is awesome. And since my two favorites are taken heres some more.

hero~~ Roland from the Dark Tower books by Stephen King, I connected with him so much, it pains me phisically that I don't have time to read the next book

Villain~~ The guy from series of unfortunate events. He just pissed me off.
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:07 am
Jack-a-Lynn says...

I'm not sure who my favorite hero is, but my favorite villain is definitely Cathy from East of Eden. She is seriously bad news! :twisted:
"We may be starving artists, but humanity's soul would starve in the absence of our efforts".

~Dr. Michael O'Hara
Associate Dean, College of Fine Arts

261 Reviews

Reviews: 261
Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:16 pm
Mr.Knightley says...

Heroes: Will, from His Dark Materials; HP!; Lyra Belaqua, from His Dark Materials; Legolas and Gimli; Gandalf... and many more that I can't think of right now. :)

Villains: Snape, Voldy, Mrs. Coulter, uhm...
"You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same."

Lady Gaga

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:46 pm
Kelcia says...

Heroes:
Bartimaeus (the Bartimaeus Trillogy),
Gimli (LotR),
Galadriel (LotR),
Eowyn (LotR),
Severus Snape *He is a hero!*(HP),
The Chevalier Tialys and The Lady Salmakia (His Dark Materials)
and Murtagh (Eragon). I know that Murtagh isn't actually a hero, but he will be! I'm sure of that at least.

Villains:
Hmm... Mrs. Coulter (although she's not so bad,)
The One Ring (because it's really Sauron in there,)
The Wintersmith (But not for the bad guy reasons. He's not bad, but he's the one killing everyone. I love his character, because I pity him.)
and The Queen of the Fairies (The Wee Free Men).

There are so many more good characters in the world, but those are the ones that came to mind first.

-Kelcia
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:12 pm
Rosendorn says...

Heros:
~Kel from Protector of the Small. She's a very fleshed out character, with a lot of hopes, loves and dreams. She's also got a fair share of flaws, and no magic powers other than a personality that wins most people over.
~Siki from I Am Apache. She's just cynical enough to have dark, witty humour, but passionate and fun-loving enough that the book doesn't get overbearing. And her character arc is one of the best I've seen.
~Beka Cooper from Terrier. She's got a gritty voice that comes from the school of hard knocks, but knows enough about the "higher class" to not be intimidated by them. She's also rather nonchalant about a lot of topics, which makes for an interesting read.

Villains:
~ Orzon from Immortals. That guy was one complicated villain. And, he had the power to make good on his threats.
~ The Shadow Snake from Terrier. You never knew who that person was until the very end of the book, and even after that there was still a twist. This was one sick (in the "mentally sick" way) and smart villain.

And that's all for published books.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:26 pm
Critiq says...

Hero?
Ed Kennedy - I Am The Messenger
Yossarian - Catch-22
V - V for Vendetta

Villain?
Jack - Lord of the Flies
Mankind - Gulliver's Travels
Alex - A Clockwork Orange

Thing is, everyone except Ed and Jack can be antiheroes...
Spoiler! :
I like people thinking that I have something so scandalous to say that I put it in spoiler tags, and I'm sorry that because of this selfish desire you were roped into reading this for not real lasting value.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:30 pm
Fantasyfreak14 says...

Heroes: Mat Cauthon and Rand al'Thor from the Wheel of Time are BA...I <3 them!

Villains: there's a few...I've got to say Bellatrix Lestrange and Umbridge from Harry Potter, um...Zane and Marsh from Mistborn, Moridin from Wheel of Time, oh, and I absolutely LOVE Damon from the Vampire Diaries. though, Damon can be an anti-hero when he wants to be.
Last edited by Fantasyfreak14 on Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Its a brave new world."
-Sylar

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:43 am
LovelessSummer says...

Oh! Oh! I know this one!
Hero: Inuyasha
Villain: Inuyasha
He's so good he can play both roles. :smt003
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:01 pm
RedBird says...

Ooooh! Fun!

Heroes: Good old Bartimaeus, Bart Trilogy
Elphaba, Wicked
Katniss Everdeen, The Hunger Games Trilogy
Smeagol, LOTR (because, really, there was hero deep down there, somewhere!)

Villains: Prof. Umbridge, HP
The Wizard, Wicked
Morgra, The Sight
The Sphinx, Fablehaven
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:21 pm
R3b3L says...

Heroes: Luffy

Villians: The Joker

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:56 am
empressoftheuniverse says...

Fantasy Hero:Snape. I don't consider him a villian at all.

Fantasy Villian: The nameless dog from THe Watchers, Dean Koontz. He was rutheless, cunning and beautiful and I'm a sucker for animals.
Draco Malfoy-- not really a villian, more like a semi-villian.
Pretty much every villian that ever existed in the history of fantasy-- I love villains, all of them. Voldemort, the Oogie Boogie man from Nightmare, Lex Luthor (do these count as fantasy?)
The Vodoo King from the Princess and the Frog Disney Movie
Prince Charming and the Fairy Godmother from Shreck
The evil Queen in Snow White
and all the rest
Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart.
*Le Bible
Royal Reviews Here!

u can't have villains exist just 2 b villains
— ShadowVyper