z

Young Writers Society

Where does my story go?

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:58 pm
LookUpThere says...

MrAwesome wrote:It should go under Mystery.

There's mystery forum?
---
Where would superheroes go? It's set in the present time and I guess there is an underlying science fiction. But it really isn't futuristic or tech that 'hasn't been invented... yet' or sorts. I would like to put it in Action Adventure. Also, do you think it would be cool to have sub-forums? Like Urban Fantasy? Or are there not enough sub-headings anyway?

Fly On,
Write On,
TheNewHero.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:40 pm
Rydia says...

I'd suggest fantasy. Super powers aren't real so...yeah. Sci would work if the super powers are created by technology but otherwise fantasy.

No mystery forum, that's why Nate suggested sci fi instead and extra sub headings aren't necessary at this time but feel free to make the suggestion in the suggestions area of the site ^^
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:00 pm
LookUpThere says...

Thanks Mrs5Badges, well done on the 5 badges as well. Great!

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:26 am
StandStrong says...

I've got a long story (novella-length) I've been planning on posting but not sure which Fiction to put it under. It is set with medieval technology and more or less medieval social structure (by no means accurate) and has themes of relationship, family,and cat-and-mouse spy games. My primary focus is on developing the character's relationships with family, friends, enemies, and husband. It isn't a classical good-cheese woman-meets-man theme, more like "woman meets man, gets caught up in intrigue deceit and assassination games, finds unknown relatives, goes after villainous brother, discovers cheating hubby, takes down brother's ring of misinformation using newfound family, and finds forgiveness for her family". I suppose you could say romance is one of three threads? I've thought about fantasy, but I didn't want to distract from the clean storyline (though it would be easy to insert)... any ideas on where it would fit comfortably?
Bob: hmm, there's a lesson in all this.
Mr. Eglamore: Okay. Let's hear it.
Bob: Never let sixty angry kids use a herd of laser cows to take over your house.

Gunnerkrigg Court is awesome.
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=632

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:03 pm
Rosendorn says...

I'd stick it under General Fiction. It sounds like it combines enough genres to go there.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

the only theft here is of decency when carina decided to rob me of my pride and put me on a banana
— veeren