z

Young Writers Society

Ghostwriting services in the USA

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:05 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Ghosts are kind of spooky, though I would love to read an autobiography written by a ghost.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:12 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

There was originally a spam post about a paid ghostwriting service that went before @lliyah's post, but this actually kind of works, lol. And since this is in Fiction Discussion, why not discuss literal ghostwriting services :)

Personally, there's a scene in the show The Last Kingdom that really stood out to me. It's a show about the Danish invasion of England in the 9th century, and it's all told around an entirely fictional character named Uhtred, who is Anglo-Saxon but raised Danish. Over the course of his life, he develops a close bond with King Alfred of Wessex, whose grandson, Aethelstan, would become the first King of England.

In one of the scenes involving Uhtred, he is in Alfred's library, where the Anglo-Saxon Chronicles are being written. I forget the exact context of the scene, but he expresses his wonder at the books at some point even though he is unable to read. At this moment, he is the most powerful warrior in all of England, and admired by both sides of the conflict. Yet he knows that the words in the books are more powerful because men can speak through them even after their death. His actions will eventually be forgotten while Alfred will be remembered for the rest of time.

That concept struck me because we take literacy so much for granted nowadays. It is taken as a given that we can read the words of people who died not just in the past century but even thousands of years ago. Thanks to technology, we can even watch movies filled with people at the prime of their youth who are now long dead. Yet, we are dealing in a kind of sorcery because we are reading and watching ghosts. So while literal ghosts aren't of course writing any books, we can nonetheless read the words of someone long dead as if they are still alive.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:24 am
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT GHOSTS AND THEREFORE I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED

lliyah wrote:Ghosts are kind of spooky, though I would love to read an autobiography written by a ghost.

I think I make have seen a tumblr post about this. It was about a ghost’s diary. Two people move into this ghost’s house, and at first he hates it but he grows to love them and protects them (I can’t find a link to it, sorry).

Also, what if ghosts are just curious about literally everything? Like what if the reason ghosts are associated with flickering lights is because they’re genuinely interested in the concept of electricity

Uhh… I’m kinda getting off topic here, hehe :shock:
That’s the thing with life: no one makes it out alive.

—Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice the Musical

[Gengar! :D they/she]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

You won't know the outcome of something unless you try it.
— manilla