z

Young Writers Society

Characters from underrated media that would be very popular

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:22 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Okokok due to character limits, the title may be a bit confusing, but lemme explain: have you ever read / watched something that wasn’t well known, but there’s that one character that you feel like would have lots of fans if the show/book/movie were more popular? Maybe they’d be the “scrunkly scrimblo” type of popular, or maybe they’d be the character everybody fangirls over

Lemme go first:
Principal Scratch from Ally Malinenko’s book Ghost Girl

He’s a very tall skinny white dude in a suit who has demon powers; he would be a hit with tumblr if more people knew about him
That’s the thing with life: no one makes it out alive.

—Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice the Musical

[Gengar! :D they/she]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:08 pm
View Likes
FireEyes says...

Ok I see the gist.

So there's a show called Code Lyoko I don't know if it's super obscure but I don't hear enough people talking about it.

I feel like all of the main cast has some Tumblr drawing aspects to them.

Jeremy: Skinny, nerdy, blond kid with glasses and always wears a turtle neck. And he's never in the "Lyoko" world so there's some definite fanart that would come with that.

Ulrich: Athletic and snarky. He's literally the "token attractive person" in the school.

Yumi: Emo girl who's a year older than everyone. She and Ulrich are mutually pining for each other, what's not to love. And she's a Japanese student in a French boarding school.

Odd: Funny blond boy who eats a lot and can't ever stop making quick whips. He also has a dog and is mildly a furry in the Lyoko world. Someone's gonna love that.

Aelita: Pretty name, pink haired robot(?) android(?) AI(?) girl. Y'know for as many times as I've watched the show I still don't know how to describe it. But yes, she's that and she also has elf ears in Lyoko.

And my my we have XANA: He's a formless, faceless, voiceless villain who is always trying to kill these middle schoolers. Bill Cypher who?
I won't go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends
I'm taking back the life you stole
Came a time when every star fall brought you to tears again

-My Chemical Romance

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:46 am
View Likes
Lexus2017RX350 says...

Ok, so... many of you have probably heard of the very popular anime Bleach, well my personal favorite character from this show I feel like gets a lack of attention. I know that Bleach already has a huge following but with the huge amount of characters in the story some get less noticed than others. In my case it is Gin Ichimaru. Now Gin himself does have somewhat of an underground group of people that talk about him but overall he is one of the less popular characters and honestly I don't see why. He was shown to be a evil character throughout the first bit of the soul society but later we found out that he was just a smaller cog in the machine when it came to Aizen.

The main reason why I bring any of this up is because in the newest chapter of the bleach manga released recently we found out that old dead characters of captain level/status would be brought back to life. Meaning old characters such as Gin could be brought back (Gin was killed by Aizen when he found out that Gin was actually just trying to get revenge and was never really bad.) But I have the bad feeling that because of his sort of less popular status among the community he might not get his time to shine in the spotlight.

Of course I can never know but Gin is one of my favorite fictional characters so I hope he gets his moment.
"If you lay awake at night
And you shit where you sleep
Don't get a job, go get a few
Don't come home for a week" -RJD2|Laws of the gods

Lots of times you have to pretend to join a parade in which you're not really interested in order to get where you're going.
— Christopher Darlington Morley