z

Young Writers Society

Quote of the Week

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:45 am
Snoink says...

This is mostly because the quotes of the week are so interesting and they always intrigue me. So why not talk about it?

Okay... the quote of the week for this week is:

"The difference between writers and wannabes is that writers write and wannabes talk about it. Wannabes start hundreds of stories, writers finish them."β€”J. Michael Straczynski

So! Are you a writer or a wannabe?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:48 am
Firestarter says...

I'm a total wannabe right now. Maybe after November I'll be closer toward a writer.

That quote really struck me too. Made me realise what I really was right now, and whatI need to do.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:25 am
Emerson says...

I like that one. I think I liked last weeks better, though. The one about making everything simpler so that they can read it and enjoy it. yeah, that one...

I'm a...wannabe! yay! no....not yay.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:35 am
Areida says...

I'm a wannabe. :(
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:20 pm
smaur says...

Haha. I figured last week's quote was a potentially touchy one. ;)
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:44 pm
deleted6 says...

I'm a wanna be way a wanna be. sighs.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:56 pm
Cassandra says...

Wannabe! But as Jack said, perhaps after November...?

Who am I kidding? My NaNo is going to be pathetic. XD
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:55 pm
Firestarter says...

"The painful truth is that writing involves writing. And by writing, I mean sitting down and putting words into meaningful strands. This has always been one of the serious flaws of the job that no one has worked out yet, though many have tried."

smaur is working on a theme here, and it's making me feel guilty. 9 days and I will, goddamnit! Stop tormenting me! *pulls hair out*

Err ... yeah.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:58 pm
Cassandra says...

^ Is it really only nine days? *Dies*
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:02 am
Jiggity says...

Wannabe. *is sad* This time next year though *shakes fist threateningly*
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:04 am
Snoink says...

Hahaha...

I think I'm a writer now. I used to be a wannabe for the longest time though because I was more interested in editing than writing and I ended up writing nothing. Eep. But now I think I'm slightly better.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:21 am
Poor Imp says...

Oh well, I'm a dodger in between. I finish at times...and then go forever with only scraps and beginnings which I end up stuffing in drawers and never seeing again. !_!''
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

Reviews: 3
Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:17 pm
Bookebrithil says...

I suppose I still am a wannabe, but I've been a wannabe for sooooo long! (since I was four) I finally got past the fourty-page mark of my story...
You see things; and you say, "Why?" but I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:20 am
Alteran says...

I'm a writer. That's a great quote.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

171 Reviews

Reviews: 171
Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:37 am
lexy says...

A difficult q to ask!!!
I'm both.
More on the scale of a wannabe than a writer though. Well.... isn;t everyone????
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself. - Peter O'Toole

A beautiful funeral doesn't guarantee Heaven.
— Haitian Proverb