z

Young Writers Society

What influenced you to write what you are writing right now?

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:06 pm
Ducati says...

I think it was a dream, but I can't remember it. I woke up and wanted to write something, and that's what I thought of. Pretty weird.

Reviews: 2
Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:30 am
Penelope says...

Well, for me it's music.

Ever listen to a really good song? What about it did you like? The poetic lyrics? The inspiring chords?

That's what got me rolling, I just imagined a story while listening to a song, and WALAH! A story!

If it's about you, write it about you. If it's about your dancing, write it about dancing.

See? it's easy.

Another for me was a homework assignment. It was to write a short ghost story, but that story ended up winning a few contets, and my friends loved it so much, they begged me to write a book on it.

Now, I didn't write more about it, but it's a start!
Penelope <3

198 Reviews

Reviews: 198
Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:41 am
Dreamworx95 says...

Well, it all started out as a silly little experiment to see what people would think of my writing. Didn't think I'd end up writing a novel...

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:01 am
ButterFlyInk says...

There are many things that inspired me to write; dreams, life, love,loss, lust,pain, just to list a few ^.^

I am currently working on a few pieces at the moment:
Father's legacy, which I am still trying to piece together the main plot.
End of time: the blood death, my vampire novel :D
A demon's past: supernatural novel

for me doing vampire and supernatural novels i found that i have ventured away from what i originally thought i would be writing (mystery/suspense) but they came to me from dreams and some of it was from personal experience. Have any of you had that one moment where you knew what you were going to write, then not a moment to soon you have a totally different idea?

anyways that's where my inspiration comes from and that is the most resent stuff i am working on :)

enough from me,
B.Ink
["DD:why are you wearing 2 hats? GM: because i have 2 hats!" XD ]

"my mind isn't working properly..and so my fingers are following the trend." ~ Me

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:25 am
Loose says...

I had a dream about it. That's where most of my ideas come from.

But this was some seriously freaky dream:

I was in our ensuite at my mums house, doing regular toiletry duties, when I turned to walk out. I slid open our door and there was my dad brutally stabbing a twelve year old girl.

When I woke up (at 3 in the morning) I said "Dude, you have to write about that", so I am.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:35 am
WaterVyper says...

I'm working on a science fantasy, and it was inspired by the belief that fantasy creatures aren't always what they appear. I was thinking what if the phoenixes, dragons, fairies, and all that were aliens? So, I set is far in the future when humans had discovered that these myths were actually real life aliens.

Also, I'm doing something as a continuation of the Greek Myth of Hades and Persephone. I've finally decided on that, since out of two other options, it was the myth I loved the best. I just love the bittersweet-ish style.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:43 am
Elelel says...

Haha ... I have no idea. Lots of places. It kind of formed from lots of little things I've written down over the past year. I think some came from ... I don't know. A random idea I had. I don't know what inspired that. Oh! Another bit came from this guy I saw at uni with funny shoes. And one or two other bits from dreams. Although on the whole my dreams don't tend to be that original.

... but I have to say, most of it just from sitting down and nutting it out. I put together the few things I had, and then asked "what if?" and more stuff happened.

*shrugs*
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:25 pm
.:Elf:. says...

Started with an online nickname, thought it was cool and thought "Wonder who would use that in real life?' from there I got my MC, and I guess it just went from there. The rest is either life experiences that I have twisted, or the "what ifs?"

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:13 pm
KailaMarie says...

The thing that inspired what I'm writing now was his guy that came into my work, and he had hair that was like black with an orangey blonde stripe down the middle, an dI really wanted to make a character with hair like that... and then it turned into a novel, I guess. Haha. Weird little things like that inspire me.
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:37 am
Stori says...

As usual, my inspiration comes from books.

I was reading an article on teen sleeping habits, and it had a short blurb about narcolepsy.

I went, "I want to write a story about this!" And thus, "Catnap" was born.

Without spoiling too much: Gavon, the main character, has narcolepsy. When he falls asleep, he has strange "dreams" about a thief name Cedric.

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:06 pm
tori1234 says...

My inspirations come from every where.
But mainly from my best guy friend.
And songs,
random people,
other books,
and random thoughts.

but mainly my best guy friend
Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama
Ingonyama nengw' enamabala

If you know what this is from, become my best friend. =)

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:16 pm
POTAFan1973 says...

Right now I'm trying to write a biography on Rebecca Schaeffer as sort of a bet I made with myself about whether or not I could write a biography on a person whose life was as short as Rebecca Schaeffer's. The title, Deadly Obsession:The Life and Untimely Death of Rebecca Schaeffer, I got from the one hour special that E! did, Dark Obsession:The Rebecca Schaeffer Story. In fact that was the first special in the E! True Hollywood Story series.

For many of you who have never heard of her, here is the link to her Wikipedia page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebecca_Schaeffer
One person's craziness is another person's reality
-Tim Burton

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:01 pm
LilyJamey says...

Right now? My fight with my mom. Or rather, my crying and her quiet talking. And all through those tears I was organising lines and sentences. Hmmph.

I was thinking about how, even though people think men and women are same in status and expectations, they aren't. Like how my mother is proud of my brother folding the clothes when she expects me to be able to cook for the whole family instead of spending "the whole day chatting online", which is an unfounded accusation since I usually go online on holidays only and even then it's for YWS. And I was thinking all of this and putting it into a girl giving a speech on feminism.
Got YWS?

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:44 am
Bickazer says...

A dream I had while suffering from a fever upwards of 100 degrees. Seriously...it was so vivid and I had developed the world/concept so well even while I was burning and sweating.

After I got well, I began to refine the world/concept, adding characters and deepening the storyline. But a fever dream was the ultimate inspiration for my current project. :)
Ah, it is an empty movement. That is an empty movement. It is.

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:02 am
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Well... the story I'm writing now was influenced my a TV show I was watching. A woman had HIV and I decided to take that to a different leval and have a girl of much younger age have it. I was then thinking about how I was going to Chicago soon and I used that as the setting!
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

It is better to take what does not belong to you than to let it lie around neglected.
— Mark Twain