z

Young Writers Society

Top 100 Outrage!!

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:08 pm
Firestarter says...

Also, if the Bible is the word of God, I think the author has a slight divine advantage.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

166 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 166
Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:43 pm
Charlie II says...

Also, if the Bible is the word of God, I think the author has a slight divine advantage.

... Well, obviously Paolini negates THAT doesn't he :? .

Oh well.

DarkLight
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
-- Woody Allen

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:54 pm
Ofour says...

Why do I see no Asimov?
ln(-a)=i(pi) + lna

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:36 pm
Alainna says...

How the heck did the Da Vinci Code come before To Kill A Mocking Bird?

They are no where near in the same league!!! All of the Dan Brown books are very similar and although I did enjoy reading Angels And Deamons, The Da Vinci Code was just a very similar story line; with less gore. Upon starting Digital Fortress I realized that ALL his books are very similar and not technically very imaginative. How could The Da vinci Code therefore beat a book which is not just a great read but also important for us to read as it challenges stereotypes and is important in society today as it still is on the GCSE reading list!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK. I'm finished with that rant. LOL.

And WHERE is His Dark Material?

Alainna
xxxxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:50 pm
Twit says...

Ooh, ooh! *waves arms frantically in the air* I demand Paolini's right thumb! I shall nail it above my door as a warning to other would-be copycat authors lurking out there!

Eragon beat The Hobbit?! *faints and falls off a conveniantly placed cliff* Now, I KNOW the world is crazy. *climbs back up the cliff brushing off dust and rubble* Offical people in this world in particular.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:04 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Alainna wrote:How the heck did the Da Vinci Code come before To Kill A Mocking Bird?

They are no where near in the same league!!! All of the Dan Brown books are very similar and although I did enjoy reading Angels And Deamons, The Da Vinci Code was just a very similar story line; with less gore. Upon starting Digital Fortress I realized that ALL his books are very similar and not technically very imaginative. How could The Da vinci Code therefore beat a book which is not just a great read but also important for us to read as it challenges stereotypes and is important in society today as it still is on the GCSE reading list!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK. I'm finished with that rant. LOL.

And WHERE is His Dark Material?

Alainna
xxxxxx

I totally agree. For me, though Da Vinci Code was an alright book, the only reason it sold so well was 'cause the Church made such a damn fuss. No-one had heard about it before then.

And yes, where IS His Dark Materials? It pains me that people put Eragon before a REAL fantasy epic like that.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

166 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 166
Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:38 pm
Charlie II says...

The Da Vinci Code, the only reason it sold so well was 'cause the Church made such a damn fuss.

YES! WELL PUT!

All you need for a good book is good marketing.
All you need for completely free marketing is controversy.
Therefore, all you need is controversy!

Upon starting Digital Fortress I realized that ALL his books are very similar and not technically very imaginative.

Oh so true. He isn't actually that good a writer either!
The fact that he took 2nd Place deserves a real: ZOMG :evil:

DarkLight
(Whoa! That even looks like a critique :? !)
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
-- Woody Allen

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:46 am
Ohio Impromptu says...

Irony: I applied for a job at Angus & Robertson today. 8)
Gone, gone from New York City,
where you gonna go with a head that empty?
Gone, gone from New York City,
where you gonna go with a heart that gone?

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:29 am
Jiggity says...

Lol, hahaha, where at?

At least though, I can be happy with Fantasy's growing popularity, as evidenced by the several fantasy books in the list, Magician being number 9 I think. Otherwise Im still disgusted.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
— Mark Twain