z

Young Writers Society

At what age did you start writing and

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:49 am
duckie says...

The first story I can ever remember, I wrote in fifth grade. It was about a baby unicorn named Elador. Haha. I made a cover for it out of cardboard and everything! :P

Reviews: 0
Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:00 pm
Candy says...

since i was tiny lol and theyve mainly been about horses...shame i never got past the first "chapter" though. i can never finish a story unless its for school grr!

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:36 pm
Lady Pirate says...

I started writing when I was four, but I didn't start seriously writing, writing, when I was thirteen when I started/finished my first novel. But I've always seen stories in my mind's eye, it's just a matter of writing them down at the time, but that's not a problem anymore.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:43 pm
Fabien says...

My first initial thought was to put down age 14, but then I remembered the story I wrote in third grade, age seven, it was called Captain George. A pirate captain who had one wooden leg that was always being attacked by woodbugs, I think I've still got it kickin' about somewhere in a cardboard box, did the illustrations and everything.

Then there was this poem I wrote when I was six, it went something like this:

There was a frog who lost his Pog under a log.
Along came a dog and along came the fog...

Something silly like that. Then I didn't write until I was 14, that was solid poetry then. I got something published then too, but I hate that poem, hey, maybe I'll put it on here for kicks, I think I'll do that. At ages 14-15, I hate most of the stuff I wrote then. In 2005, there was a gap, I didn't write a thing. 2006 and on, I've been writing consistently.
The surrounding world
was an ugly one,
but we needed no beauty
other than the light
within each other's eyes. - "Modern World" * topic15452

247 Reviews

Reviews: 247
Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:55 pm
Fangala the Flying Feline says...

I was writing before I could write. I would dictate to my parents, then illustrate. My first book was called The Tale of Telling a Long Time Ago. (Hey, take it easy on me. I was only 4.) The main characters were Mickey Mouse and a My Little Pony named Pink Rose.
My first novella rolled around when I was ten, and I've been writing longer stuff ever since.
"Hey look! A black shooting star!"

"That's no star...that's Fangala!"

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:37 am
extrication says...

I started to consciously write creatively [as in, actually put it down on paper] in fifth grade. It was a historical fiction "book" [more like two pages, but I thought that was like a gazillion pages back then 8D] and it was about Cleopatra. And a noble's daughter named Selene who helped her commit suicide via asp.

About a year later, I started fanfiction. Then in 8th grade, I finally decided, hey! Writing is what I really, really, really want to do in life. So I began original fiction via NaNoWriMo. :D
because memory moves in orbits
of absence, because she holds her hands out in the rain,
and rain remembers nothing, not even how it became itself.
- Las Ruinas del Corazon, Eric Gamalinda

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:58 pm
Alainna says...

My first real story was when I was nine. It was about an evil next door neighbour who turns out to be a witch. I remember forcing my teacher to read it. From then on I decided to become a writer! :P

Alainna
xxxxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:54 pm
Ani May Queen says...

Although I'm sure there were stories before hand that I wrote, the first one I can remeber was one I wrote in fifth grade. It was about an elvin village that was attack and the elves had to move to the mountains to escape their tormentors. Very poorly written at the time, but it still has a place in my heart, and I hope to rewrite and continue it someday.
Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality. - Jules de Gaultier

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:48 pm
Firestalker says...

I started writing in grade 6 when i was told to write a story. It was then that i found my talent of writing. At the age of 11 + i finished writing my first novel.
--
Who is not Insane one man ask, the answer being a fool.
Are you Insane the same man asks, - "Oh yes!. The Mad Hatter being saner!"

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:42 pm
Rydia says...

I started writing many years ago and I know that's not very helpful but I honestly don't know how old I was. Very young, that's for certain.

The earliest story I remember writing was when I was seven. The title was the main characters first name and it was about a girl with magic powers who ran away from home. That's all I remember...

My first serious story though was when I was twelve or thirteen. I called it 'when writers are no longer needed' and I got pretty far but stopped after a year. On day I think I'll do a re-write and finish it. The plot was actually pretty good...
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:10 pm
Lilith says...

Lets see, i started writing in the 2nd grade maybe. it was a little story about a puppy a witch and a rainbow. it was pretty bad.

the first peice i ever wrote after desciding to be a writer was in 4th grade and it was for a contest. There was a princess and a unicorn and a dragon. I still have the peice and re-read it just to know i've improved...alot.
Duffy -- "Watch out for Jesse, he wants what he can't have."
Emily -- "Oh boy, he can have me."
Duffy -- "Figures..."

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:13 pm
chocoholic says...

Before I could write words more than a few names and things like clours and animals. I knew before I could read or write that I wanted to be an author (or 'make a book' as I said back then), so I would get three sheets of paper, fold them in half and staple them together. Then, on every page, I would draw a picture and write the name above it. Each book had a 'theme' (friends, family, plants, colours, etc.). I still have them all in a box.

My first story was probably the last of those books. It was called Rosie's World, and there's a page about how much I love tap dancing (I have never done tap dancing in my life). That was probably written when I was about four. I started writing when I was three, I think.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:18 pm
Alice says...

Third grade, i still have some of my stuff saved on floppy disks, they're really bad. So in third grade I was 7.
I just lost the game.

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:18 pm
Prosithion says...

First story I ever wrote was... 8-9 years ago. It was shallow, and lame, and pathetic.
"wub wub wub wub. Now Zoidberg is the popular one."

"Computer... Captain's musk"

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:10 am
Black Ghost says...

I actually started writing a month before I joined YWS XD, which was about a year ago.

But ever since I was elementary school I've wanted to write stories, and I even wrote a short story in the fifth grade. And even though it was highly plagiaristic of another story, my teacher still liked it.:lol:

But seriously, any current skill in writing I now have I owe to the fine critiquers here on YWS. :)

-Tony

For a short space of time I remained at the window watching the pallid lightnings that played above Mont Blanc and listening to the rushing of the Arve, which pursued its noise way beneath. The same lulling sounds acted as a lullaby to my too keen sensations; when I placed my head upon my pillow, sleep crept over me; I felt it as it came and blessed the giver of oblivion.
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein