z

Young Writers Society

how many novels do you own?

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:45 am
Kel says...

Over 1000 books. Novels. Other books, like textbooks and such, are separate and tend to habitat the bottom shelf because of their height and sheer weight!
Write from the heart and nothing can go wrong. It's when you write from the wallet that the feeling goes away.

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:49 pm
tinny says...

I honsetly have no idea. Ever six months my papa makes me go thorugh all my books and sent some to le charity shop to make room.

I'm banned form buying any more until after christmas. Last time it was my birthday I was asked which books I wanted only to find I'd bought them all the week before.

Most of my books like in my bed. It is like a big bed-box. My Manga, and the books I'm reading at the moment live on my shelf.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:30 pm
Myth says...

Little Tin Fish wrote:I honsetly have no idea. Ever six months my papa makes me go thorugh all my books and sent some to le charity shop to make room.

I'm banned form buying any more until after christmas. Last time it was my birthday I was asked which books I wanted only to find I'd bought them all the week before.

Most of my books like in my bed. It is like a big bed-box. My Manga, and the books I'm reading at the moment live on my shelf.

Everyone throws my books away. I'm not even allowed to read newspapers (my family members are all weird XD ) and since being banned from buying books I haven't had anything *new* to read.

The bed is the best place to hide books :P
.: ₪ :.

'...'

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:15 pm
Esmé says...

Uhm, most of my books are laying dusty in the bacement somewhere... 'Round with all the other things my family and I was supposed to unpack after moving back to Poland like 3 years ago, lol.
But honestly, I keep and buy only the books I really buy. Mostly I end up borrowing them from the library and I'm completely satisdied with that. I mean, with certain exeptions, I can read one book 2 times every half year, not more. It just boring otherwise. I end up borrowing books from everyone around and not knowing what is which instead of buying something that I will read those4 ties a year...
-Which doesnt mean that i don;t have any books, lol.

Reviews: 4
Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:06 am
Zeige says...

i only have 6 at the moment my old dear took all my old ones to an oxfam shop a few months ago all they were doing was gathering dust
-The Alpha-

Reviews: 1
Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:16 pm
Fearless says...

Let's see...I have the entire Twilight series, a manga, two books with poems, and two books on puberty (wait that isn't a novel, is it?).
Searching,
Seek and Destroy

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:29 pm
wolf4 says...

*Runs upstairs to room and begins counting like mad*

Several minutes later... 126! And still growing :)
Don't follow in my footsteps. I run into walls.

Sometimes, it's best not to question your friends. Just help them dump the body into the river.

Even if the voices aren't real, they have pretty good ideas.

Writing isn't an excuse for insanity. It's a reason.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:54 pm
defendthelegend says...

urm sad to say over 500. lol I have a libruary
I wrote your name in the sand and the sea washed it away! I wrote your name in my heart and there it will stay.

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:58 pm
Miss Ching says...

Oh gosh. I think I have >100. No less. (:
My book shelves are so full that I just throw my books all over my bed. Yeah... messy bed.

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:24 pm
Addawen19 says...

Over 300 and that's not even counting the one's outside my room, let's just say that i have an addiction. Heh... a good one at that though.
The heart wants, the body needs, and the mind suffers. - me

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:44 am
Eliza:) says...

A few hundred at least. There is no way I could count them all.
There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.
-Ernest Hemingway

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:05 am
MagnusBane says...

I just wiped out most of my collection at Half-Price books (mainly kiddie books like Animal Ark that I don't read anymore) so I only have 100, maybe 125 novels right now. I'm quickly rebuilding, though. :) Plus I have at least a hundred pet related magazines.
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:25 am
foxfire says...

i have about 1-20 books on my collection...most of which i bought from second-hand sale or on library sales
John McClane: Drop it. It's the police.
Tony: You won't hurt me.
John McClane: Oh, yeah? Why not?
Tony: Because you're a policeman. There are rules for policemen.
John McClane: Yeah. That's what my captain keeps telling me

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:39 pm
ridersofdamar says...

actually, 205, just moved my books around, so I counted.
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:36 am
Kamas says...

500 bought in the past two years.
I'm gonna estimate for my lifetimes worth of books. Probably >3000

No I'm no kidding. xD
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

There is nothing more radical or counter-cultural, at the moment, than laying down one’s cynicism in favour of tender vulnerability.
— John Green