z

Young Writers Society

What is your favorite atribute in a charcater?

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:47 pm
Master_Yoda says...

If you want to write a character who I'll like, just write an assassin.

Okay, well that's not really an attribute. I guess the best part of a character is if he is able to think impulsively on his feet. I also do like a sense of humor, as well as underdogs.
#TNT

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
-- Robert Frost

I review your reviews: viewtopic.php?f=188&t=94522

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:50 am
Octave says...

I like insane characters. They're interesting. Especially the homicidal insane-yet-genius-sane kind. Kind of like Light from Death Note.

Or Hannibal Lecter.

XD

As for heroes, I enjoy the I-don't-give-a-damn type. The kinds that genuinely won't care if the world goes to hell for as long as they don't go down with it. Not the kind who pretends.
"The moral of this story, is that if I cause a stranger to choke to death for my amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me who ordered you to kill Colosimo?“

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

Dulcinea: 2,500/50,000

Reviews: 3
Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:49 am
siobhan says...

I mainly like characters who are optimistic and have a good sense of humor about life and all it's aspects. Especially when it falters at times, when bad things happen, but they regain their sense of happiness, knowing it's better than wallowing.

That's pretty specific.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri May 22, 2009 1:50 am
ridersofdamar says...

I think my favorite type of character is stereotypical. I dont really read enough, but I think it is. I like writing about the 'dark knight'.

The guys who do good in evil ways. The people who are hunted and hated by society and yet they have the inner strength to keep protecting the people that would see them dead in a second. Add in a dry sense of humor, some tragedy, and thats my favorite.
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Sat May 23, 2009 11:41 pm
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

I like sarcastic characters, who try to cover up their problems and emotions. Good example, Jeff from Suicide Notes. I don't know if anybody ever read that book, but it's one of my favorites. I like characters who aren't perfect and do fail, sometimes. I like characters that are as real as possible.
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:05 pm
Jackie_Perez09 says...

I like characters who have unrealistic dreams{like one character from one of my old fanfics, she wanted to be a shinobi despite the fact she's a kelptomanic and has a phobia of dead people, and she's falling grudginly head over heels for someone she doesn't know is an assassin}, humor, and yet despite life always kicking them on their ass, they still try their best to bounce back with a smile and more guts then when they entered it.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. -Confucius

"Come on and Rock me Amadeus!"~ Falco's song :3

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:58 am
lilymoore says...

I've actually been pondering this for the longest time lately...haven't been sleeping well so I needed something to think about and this question popped into my head so I spend some time thinking alittle harder on this as opposed to my previous answer:

Definitely has to be a character who is constantly fighting they're greatest weakness and never really over comes it. That and the social anarchist who becomes the hero. I think it really just proves that the worst of us can still make an impact on the world.

Yes, I still love a good anarchist, but I think that the most important trait I really favor is a character with history. And not just history but a past that took something to overcome and a life that shows hints of that struggle but doesn't whine or become too effected by them.

That totally made sense in my head.
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:03 pm
Merlin34 says...

Big heroes in small packages. coughbasilcough

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:03 am
MagnusBane says...

I don't know how many of you have read the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare, but I have to say, Jace is my all time favorite character.

He's everything I think a character should be. Sarcastic, arrogant, witty, desperately trying to hide behind a wall of clever comebacks and insults - and hot, too. :)
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:38 am
Krupp says...

The more time I spent thinking about it, I tend to sympathize with the character that little is known about. I list simple facts, but mostly let the characters explain themselves through a story. most of the time, these kinds of characters aren't the protagonist, but a sidekick or friend, if you will, and I have more fun writing about them sometimes, because after a while, in my opinion, protagonists get a little old to me. I can't figure out for the life of me why that is.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:01 am
Phantomofthebasket says...

My favorite atribute?
That would most definitely have to be characters who have problems.
MAJOR problems.

Or... villans who are completely hopeless.

Or... sarcastic MC's.

Basically if the character's not a goody two shoes, I'm more than likely going to like them.
Phantom's Contest Basket <--Make me happy and join my contest! Due date: August 15th!
Phantom's Reviewing Basket <--Need a review? Go here and ask!

A jury consists of twelve people who determine which client has the better lawyer.
— Robert Frost