z

Young Writers Society

Fonts

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:44 am
Katemabob says...

Oh m got I hate Times New Roman. Is there a way to set your default font? so I can change it daily? Anyone? Anyone?
Be crazy, be wild, be silly...
Because life is too short to be cool.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:20 pm
WaterVyper says...

I've been experimenting lately. I dislike the new Word, because it automatically sets it to the humongous Calibri, and I've always been accustomed to TNR. It just feels natural. But lately, I've been trying out new fonts, and I found that I really like Courier New size 9. I make everything bold at first when I write it, but it becomes a lot easier to write now.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:03 pm
lilymoore says...

I've got the weirdest habit of trying to find a font that reminds me of my story. I'm such a geek. It's like, if I write something silly, I use Jokerman and when I do something dull as an exercise or by request, then its simple icky Times New Roman. Oh, and my new personal favorite is Tempus Sans ITC. Don't really know why. I guess I'm a fool for fonts.

I'm just waiting for my cousins to come up in April. They're bringing they're disk for Microsoft Office 2007 Student so I can download it and play with the fonts and such. This could be fun!
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:36 pm
MySunshine says...

As of now, I usually use Verdana, Calibri or Californian-something. I hate TNR, too. It just reminds me of MicrosoftWord, and I have bad memories of that one -_-

For stuff besides stories, like randomly playing around with a picture, I like those swirly, kind of elegant fonts, like Vivaldi.

Another fond I can't stand is Comic Sans. My teacher used to use that font for exams, and weirdly, I was always close to having failed. My theory is that I can't take an exam (or text generally) written in Comic Sans serious ...
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:10 am
Evi says...

*twitch*

Calibri. Font size twelve. Nothing else will do.

Nothing. :shock:
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:23 am
peanut19 says...

I don't care what font I use. What I care about is how they name the fonts I found one that was Batman Forever and another was Exit......Stage Left?! And Elephant, I mean really they make no sense at all.
~peanut~
There is a light in you, a Vision in the making with sorrow enough to extinguish the stars. I can help you.
~And The Light Fades

The people down here are our zombies, who should be dead or not exist but do.
~Away From What We Started

P.S Got YWS?

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:27 pm
Eliza:) says...

Katemabob wrote:Oh m got I hate Times New Roman. Is there a way to set your default font? so I can change it daily?

If you go to the font dialog box, you can change the font and then push default at the bottom so it will change the font on each template.

I like Monotype Corsiva the best. Times is just too dull.
There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.
-Ernest Hemingway

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:23 pm
LolitaRose says...

I use Times New Roman, but that's only because I'm too lazy to change it. Hah.

If I remember to change it, I usually use Perpetua. :)

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:56 pm
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Ew, I hate Times. I like Georgia, font size 12. It's all I use.
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:27 am
Krupp says...

Quite honestly, I don't see what the big deal is with liking a certain font and whatnot. Fonts aren't what's important; what you're writing is what's important.

Besides, last I looked, agents and publishers want what you write in Times New Roman because it's the standard font all over. That's just the facts, guys.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:49 pm
mimimac says...

Hey
Haha, I personally usually use times new roman. Not because I particularly like it, but because I don't bother changing it. However, I think I prefer veranda. For some reason, it just seems easier to understand. :P
xxmimxx
-mors aut honorabilis vita-

Forget the prince with a horse, I want a vampire with a volvo.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:06 pm
Chloe(: says...

Baskerville Old Face
...such a strange name.
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:41 am
el Arma Escrita says...

I use Calibri, Sylfaen, or HelveticaNeuePro LT 55 Roman. Always, ALWAYS size 10.
I find something that fits the feel of the story for the chapter header, though. It's sort of fun. Obviously, I take that bit out if I send anything in.
'Cause it's the one's with the sorest throats, Laura, who have done the most singing.

---

Want your story copy edited? Shoot me a PM.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:24 pm
smaur says...

Veranda is love.

But after thirteen years of Times New Roman hate, I'm starting to like it at size 11 pt. Or even 9 pt.

The smaller it gets, the better it looks.
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:29 pm
StellaThomas says...

I've begun disliking TNR size 10-size 12 looks so much better.

I'm a big fan of Sylfaen too, it's just ever so slightly different and really nice for it. It makes my writing look more elegant...

If I'm free-typing, just for fun, I quite like Teen or Bradley Hand ITC. Amienne used to be a favourite, but not so much anymore...

I can't say I ever use Verdana, and Calibri only on school computers...

Jen, your little font display made me giggle :D.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

I am and always will be optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes, the dreamer of improbable dreams.
— 11th Doctor