z

Young Writers Society

Am I the only one who is in love with adult romances?

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:17 am
Night Mistress says...

I read adult romance. it's the only way other than manga to get me to read. I read:
Christina Dodd
Emily Carmichael
Julia quiin
Sherrilyn Keynon
Karen Marie Morning
Julia London
L.A. Banks
Kat Martin
Amanda Quick
Jayne Ann Krentz
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:19 am
Alice says...

I read the stuff off of the wal mart shelf that don't look as risque as the rest.
I just lost the game.

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:05 am
tinny says...

I refuse to read romance novels at all, I seriously dislike them and all that they are.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:48 am
Alainna says...

Erm, I actually don't really know.

I don't exactly LIKE romantic mushy stuff, but it depends on the book. The plot, characters and setting are more important to me than the actual genre.

And to be close minded and say I hate ALL romance novels is wrong because I'd be generalizing them all as the 'same'. Which they are not.

I suppose I like and read some romances. 'Ode To Billy Joe' is probably a romance. That definitely isn't the stereotypical thing of as Sam said 'hunky guy with big boobed blond'.

So, some romance is OK and I think erotica is a whole different topic....to me that isn't 'romance'.

Alainna
xxxxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:18 pm
Meep says...

I like the idea of romances more than I like the romances themselves. I've read one, and it feels as though I've read them all. Like Sam, I'd prefer them if they had more interesting, unique characters.

(Now is the time to admit that I read disgusting amounts of yaoi manga, which can be about as cookie-cutter as any Harlequin romance. Some of it's really good, though; I'd assume it's the same way with romance novels.)

Believe it or not, I'm planning to write a romance novel with interesting characters for NaNoWriMo this year. :D
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

There has never been a sadness not cured by breakfast food.
— Ron, Parks & Rec