z

Young Writers Society

Single Entries vs. Long Entries

Which do you prefer on YWS: Long Entries, or Short Entries?

Long Entries (with multiple chapters)
37%
Short Entries (with maybe three posts tops)
63%

Total votes : 19

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:53 pm
Krupp says...

I don't know what people's problems are with reading longer entries. I can do it easily. I do do it easily. I just don't get it. Hard to review? How does the length of something make it harder to review?

Honestly, I never have had a problem with it. Short entries are fine, but I'd rather read something deep. Those always are entertaining because they keep you going for a while at least.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:56 am
PhoenixBishop says...

Yes this is a problem. It has come to the point where it would be wise to not put on full chapters at a time. I learned this, because no one is reading my two chapters of Phoenix saga. Then again they could suck, but I plan on only putting small portions of chapter up if that. I can't don't short stories because I can't think on that small of a scale. I was supposed to write a children's book in creative writing and it ended up being 42 pages. Not good for 2nd graders with short attention spans.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:17 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

My own opinion? Put the novels in the advanced critique section. It's why I haven't gotten a lot of reviews - I'm picky about the title and it's "snag", I can't STAND work that has too many mistakes (Usually, I stop reading. It's a habbit you form when you are assigned bad books to read), and there are a ton of books that have been posted really far in. The only time I've reviewed an entire book online was on another forum - that happened because the author was INCREDIBLE. Never again since - nothing's held my interest.

But even the worst decisions we make don't necessarily remove us from the circle of humanity.
— Wes Moore, The Other Wes Moore