z

Young Writers Society

Where do you write?

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:00 pm
Ross says...

I detest writing by hand. DEEEETEST it! I write at the family computer and often, my parents have to kick me off. :lol:
And we'll be a dream...

"Dee Dubbleyou." - BigBadBear

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:04 pm
Teague says...

xD DW. I've kind of commandeered the family computer (although is it really a family one when it's just me and my dad? xD But he has a laptop, so phooey).

Most often I write at my computer, because it's handy. Although I really wish I had a basement, because I like being underground when I write. Don't ask how I found that out. I like to be in secluded, peaceful areas. Typically at night/high noon, and with very few people around.

I can't write if there's people around me. xD I just can't.

-:pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:35 pm
BigBadBear says...

I can't write if there's people around me. xD I just can't.

Ditto, homeskillet.

I write in my room. I can't write anywhere else. MSN has to be closed down, or I am distracted. The internet has to be open to thesaurus.com and the Word document has to be open (obviously). And it has to be completely silent. I can't have music playing or anything cause it distracts me big time. Last year, during NaNo, I was able to have music playing, and I don't know how I could've done that. @__@

Anyway.

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:19 pm
Alice says...

If I have my notebook I can write.

Even while I'm walking.
I just lost the game.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:30 am
Archstormangel says...

At my computer
Though like someone said, I think everywhere
Mostly in school when I should be focusing on other things. :/
LOL
I hate writing longhand. MY hand feels uncomfortable. The only thing I like doing with a pencil is drawing. Computers and keyboards are much better for stories.
I'm
an Atheist, a young teen girl, someone who loves Harry Potter and hates Twilight, someone who doesn't see deepness in everything, a person who has never suffered from any diseases of any sort.
I'm average, but...

I'm still a writer.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:24 pm
pegasi_quill says...

Hmm, I used to write by hand, and had problems doing so on the computer. Now, though, that's completely changed.

Probably because I had so many school essays to write on computer I got used to it, and now I find it to be a faster and easier way of doing things.

As to the place... my room works best. With some movie soundtracks playing off my iPod to block out the sounds of the house.
~Memory is a child walking along a seashore. You can never tell what small pebble it will pick up and store away among its treasured things~

Away until August 31st (possibly longer)

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:26 pm
KaatiieBugg says...

I hate writing on paper. I can usually write anywhere that there's no people, and with music playing. otherwise, I just can't write.
Writing: My Anti-Drug

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:45 pm
Sakah says...

There are two computers in my house - one in my room without internet and one in my parents' room with internet. I like the feel of my computer's keyboard a lot more (and there's a 'k' button missing on my parents' computer).

Also, for some weird reason, I absolutely cannot write with music on when I'm writing for fun. But when I write something for school, I need music to inspire me (weird, eh?)

I also turn on my lamp (and open up the shades of my window) and turn on the fan in my room when I write.
Music is like candy, you have to throw away the wrappers ^-^

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." — Confucius

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:54 pm
Rascalover says...

I carry with a tablet and pen so I can write where ever I get an idea. Usually I write the beginning of some by hand in my room then I type it on the computer and end up finishing it cause the ideas just seem to flow.
There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein~ Red Smith

Who needs a review? :) http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic38078.html

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:59 pm
Rascalover says...

I carry with a tablet and pen so I can write where ever I get an idea. Usually I write the beginning of some by hand in my room then I type it on the computer and end up finishing it cause the ideas just seem to flow.
There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein~ Red Smith

Who needs a review? :) http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic38078.html

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:18 pm
Livinginfantasy says...

How interesting...

I always write by hand! In my room, on my bed. I never write on the computer unless I'm posting it for others to read.

I also like rewriting. I have no idea why. I usually rewrite my short stories even if nothing has changed.

Then, when I decide to post something and start typing it up, I'll probably change a few things because of grammer (my cpu corrects me!) or because it may sound better/ get new and better ideas.

Then I'll probably rewrite it by hand AGAIN.

Poor trees. :)

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:51 pm
Anijumper says...

Usually in the position that's worst for my neck. :roll:

I write in several different notebooks, especially story ideas. If I don't actually have a scene or something, then it's usually written in a notebook. It's just irritating to me to open up a document and have like two sentences.
Most of my longer stuff is written on the computer, for easy editing, and convenience. If anything is hand-written and long, it's probably only like that because I was too lazy to type it up.
Sometimes I can write with music playing. If I just have it on repeat over and over, it just becomes a part of the silence and I can have it on. Or if I'm already really into what I'm writing.
I prefer writing alone in my room. People are usually distracting or I'm paranoid about people being nosy.

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:41 pm
Titch123 says...

I write where ever I happen to be- On my laptop in my bedroom, living room or garden OR by hand- i always have paper and a pen lol
Writing Is Easy All You Have Do Is Stare At A Blank Piece Of Paper Till Your Forehead Bleeds- Sue Townsend

Reviews: 3
Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:15 pm
angel says...

In my room on my bed wlth labtop.
Sometimes on my cell or notebook when i wake up at night sleepless.
'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at allm ---Alfred Lord Tennyson

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:50 am
HC says...

I write at my computer. When my laptop is fixed - anywhere I feel like, really.

Cannot and will not write by hand unless desperate times call for desperate measure. :P I edit by hand, mind you, and usually plan by hand too, (i.e. print off a copy and edit it like that). I like to think in a spread-out, messy manner, and computers don't let me do that. I do, however, like to write in an organised, neat way. :F

I want to shake off the dust of this one-horse town. I want to explore the world. I want to watch TV in a different time zone. I want to visit strange, exotic malls...I want to live, Marge! Won't you let me live?
— Homer Simpson