z

Young Writers Society

Write Your Own Ending!

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:43 am
Jiggity says...

LOL. Thats evil, so very evil... I like it.

As for the earlier theory of Harry being the last Horcrux; how, I ask you, can you house a sliver of soul in a body already possessed of one? You cant, hence the horcruxes being inanimate objects.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:03 pm
Alainna says...

As for the earlier theory of Harry being the last Horcrux; how, I ask you, can you house a sliver of soul in a body already possessed of one? You cant, hence the horcruxes being inanimate objects.

Ok, good point, I hadn't really considered that. However, there is a definite link between Harry and Vold as in book 5 they can feel and read each others minds, without being near each other or casting any spells etc.

When Harry was hit with the curse that was supposed to kill him, he was left only with a scar, the theory that some of Vold was transferred to Harry during this curse.

For instance, they have the same wands. They can read each others minds, etc......I may not be right, I'm only guessing.......

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:42 pm
xtenx says...

Harry cannot be a horcrux, it makes no sense. All of my friends think he is, but he can't be. I agree there's a definite link between the two but that doesn't make him a horcrux- it says in the text that Vold has no link to his horcruxes and doesn't even notice when if one is destroyed. Plus, Vold thought he was KILLING Harry..why would he make him a horcrux? It's illogical. There are at least 302173812 (okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, but there are a lot!) reasons why Harry wouldn't be a horcrux and I will gladly list more. For instance- why would Vold constantly be trying to kill one of his own horcruxes? Again, he wouldn't, it's illogical.

Anyway..The last word of the novel will be "scar"..JK Rowling released that info a long time ago, and I'm assuming it's still true.

I don't think Snape is evil. But I do think Dumbledore is dead- a fate he willingly accepted. And I don't think little Malfoy is evil either, he's just a brat.

Rowling also says that 2 characters die...my first guess is defintely Neville. I don't have any good reason to suspect it will be Neville, except that he and Harry obviously have some link because of their birthdays- he's going to be really important in the last book..

Vold's my guess for the second character who will die. I just know it's not Harry. He can't die. Afterall, it is still a young adult's story- you can't kill off the hero and let the bad guy win. I know I'm being somewhat idealistic here, but really...if neither can live while the other survives, then they're not BOTH going to die- it can only be one..she wouldn't have worded the prophecy that way if they were both going to die. Technically they could both die, I just seriously doubt it.
-Kristen

So I just try, fail and try, and try again- and someday I swear I'm gonna get it. 'Cause I'm convinced, giving in is the worst thing there is.--Straylight Run

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:01 am
Alteran says...

*ahem*

Voldemort and Harry will be in an enternal conflict and Ginny will turn up pregnant.

Just kidding!

I think everyone at the school will lend Harry their magical powers to stop Voldemort. A big dramatic movie moment.

Though i hope i am wrong cause that's part of the ending of my 3rd novel and i dont want to come off as a copy cat
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

Random avatar

Reviews: 87
Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:16 pm
gymnast_789 says...

When I was younger me and a friend of mine would joke about how we thought that in the last book Hogwarts would blow up and everyone would die.

But on a more serious note the mother of that friend (a judge at gymnastics competitions) said that she thought that Snape killed Dumbledore just to win Voldemort's trust. Then she said that Snape would end up killing Voldemort. So I agree with Jiggity, I think either Snape or Hermoine will end up killing him.

I'm soo gonna cry reading the last book

Don't worry Alainna, me too!

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:45 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

xtenx wrote:I know I'm being somewhat idealistic here, but really...if neither can live while the other survives, then they're not BOTH going to die- it can only be one..she wouldn't have worded the prophecy that way if they were both going to die.

Ah, but it doesn't say that one of them has to live. It just says that they can't live together.

Personally, I feel that it's highly possible that Harry will die, and I think it would be a very good way to end the series. It would make it more final, and it wouldn't mean that we die-hard HP fans will be moping around wandering if another book will come out, as she hasn't said that there will never be another one. However, that may be a good indicator that he lives. I guess we won't know till the day.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

9 Reviews

Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:31 pm
xtenx says...

I understand that the prophecy doesn't mean anyone has to live, that's why I said this:

xtenx wrote:Technically they could both die, I just seriously doubt it.

All I meant is that the wording of the prophecy seems to foreshadow the obvious duel that is going to happen in the final book- it sets up the fact that they're destined to fight, and while they both COULD die, I doubt both will. And of the two, I think it will be Vold- which is just an opinion..I have no facts to back up why I think it will be Vold other than the tendency for the good guy to win in books written for young adults.

And I definitely don't think Harry should die just because that will make it final- that's not a good enough reason. Just because living will leave doubt about whether or not there may be another book doesn't mean he should die. So what if people have questions? Live or die there will be some questions.
-Kristen

So I just try, fail and try, and try again- and someday I swear I'm gonna get it. 'Cause I'm convinced, giving in is the worst thing there is.--Straylight Run

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:01 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Yes, I agree, with you, those weren't my only reasons why Harry should die. I was just talking off the top of my head. I also agree that Voldy will die, mainly for the reason that we know there will be a new teacher at Hogwarts, and the last chapter will be about those who survive. Hogwarts wouldn't continue if Voldy lived, and neither would there be any survivors to write a final chapter about. My reasons aren't particularly solid, but there we go. XD I am, however, completely unsure whether Harry will die or not, although I do think it will be a good thing, as it will make it that bit more original, and, depending on how he dies, effective.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

9 Reviews

Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:36 am
xtenx says...

I guess I agree it will be more original- because, as I said before, the hero tends to win in these kinds of books. But I just can't imagine it being a good thing if he dies. I think an author can create an original ending while still maintaining the traditional idea of good beating evil. And I'm sure Rowling will think of one.

My reasons aren't particularly solid either though :) I'm just speculating like everyone else.
-Kristen

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:51 am
Alainna says...

It's funny reading over this when I've read the last book because so many people got it wrong, while others got it so right!!!

LOL!

Alainna
xxxxxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

If I'm going to burn, it might as well be bright.
— Frank Zhang