z

Young Writers Society

What influenced you to write what you are writing right now?

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:14 am
TexanWriter says...

My book (the one I'm taking a loooong break on, Crystal Stars) I think came into existance when I watched one to many LotR movies... man Legolas is cute... the book's about a half-elf.
Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:46 am
Hotaru-Kun says...

What I'm working on currently came about because of my displeasure at being banned from playing scrabble with my circle of friends. Apparently I know too many obscure words.
Sometimes you have to look beyond what you see, if that fails... Just listen to Cher.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:28 am
Krupp says...

...A Charlie Deaux short film named Zoetrope (with Lustmord doing the soundtrack) has inspired my newest attempt at writing: A screenplay. We shall see if it is any good.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:00 pm
Mars says...

The cemetery near my flat. It's absolutely ravishing.
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:15 pm
thefireinmeisJC says...

I have no idea actually...a lot of my writing deals with child abuse, suicide, drugs, and recently fantasy creatures (as you Earthlings call them). i have no experience with the first three topics though I have encountered some "fantasy creatures" before. There's a little adlie on my shoulder right now, watching me type. *pats her little "make believe" friend on the head*
Give hugs not bombs or whatever that saying says

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:18 pm
tori1234 says...

A lot of different things. But I do have one main one. I was REALLY mad at this guy (I didn't and don't like him, he's just a friend) and I let my anger out by writing a chapter to what now is the second book in a series I am writing. (Just so you know, I am no longer mad at this guy, and he is actually the inspiration for one of my main characters!)
Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama
Ingonyama nengw' enamabala

If you know what this is from, become my best friend. =)

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:53 pm
Angel of Death says...

I think I posted in this thread before, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to post again. I am inspired by life and how drama can really turn it upside down. Right now I'm writing a novel called If Love is Not Enough The title was inspired by Panic at the Disco's song Folkin' Around, you know here it's like, "If love is not enough to put my enemies to sleep, then I'm puttin out my lantern, find your own way back home."

But anyways, it's about this girl named Teresa Harrison, who is not popular or boy-crazy, she's this smart book-loving girl who has two friends that need her. You may think she's independent but then she finds love and maybe that's a good, normal thing, but this guy is twelve years older than her.

Teresa is a lot like me and the rest of the characters have traits of some people that I know. The drama just comes from my imagination, which is crazy.

Some of it is posted on YWS, if anyone wants to read it.

Ta,

~Angel
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:36 pm
Ross says...

Angel, that's amazing. Sounds really cool.

I'm outlining a novel called We Are The Outsiders. It's inspired by three things: Rent (the movie), To Kill a Mockingbird (the book) and Freedom Writers (the movie). It's just about this diverse cast of characters trying to find their way out of their own (metaphorical) ditch that they've fallen in.

There's this lesbian couple (consisting of a Latina singer/songwriter and a bohemian heiress), a gay boy that has a secret rendevous with an older boy, a hearing teenager who has to interpret for her single deaf mother and a rich deaf kid who's father is protecting a deaf girl on trial for murder.

It's really character-driven, so... :)

And another came from this song by Evanescence called "Lacrymosa". It's about this guy who has to go back to his hometown in Texas. The town consists of an insane asylum and it's very creepy, very much of a psychological thriller. Right now, it's at 10,000 words. Hope I finish!
And we'll be a dream...

"Dee Dubbleyou." - BigBadBear

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:27 pm
MySunshine says...

The main influence I get is everyday life. Certain situations that happen to me or that I see happen might end up in one of my stories - a little revised, though.
Some motives for my stories are also inspired by TV series or movies I watched, maybe from a certain scene or generally a part of the plot.
Or, lastly, music give me ideas. Sometimes it's the lyrics specifically, or just the mood of the song and I try to build it into a story.
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

Reviews: 2
Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:29 pm
freewriter says...

I got my inspiration from a bag of rubber snakes. Yes, rubber snakes. I went to the dollar store and thought they were pretty and they were $1.99 so I got them :P . But I havent even started the actual story part, Ive barely even got the first characters worked out :oops: . But yeah.
"Mommy, why does that man smell like cheese?"

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:39 am
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

I wrote in here already. However, I'm writing a different story now, what inspired it you ask? A TV show, I don't know what about it. It was about kids in poverty in the Appalachion Mountains. A song inspired it also, it's called You Be The Anchor That Keeps My Feet On The Ground, I'll Be The Wings That Keep Your Heart In The Clouds. Long title I know. It's by Mayday Parade.
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:24 am
Banango Cheesecake says...

The novel I am writing right now is inspired/influenced by the villain protagonist of the anime Death Note. (I'm on Light's side, not L's. XD)

And my friend, (I'll call her H). H and I have a running joke. We're both planning to dominate the world and name it after ourselves. We plan to push Dora the Explorer off her throne once she does the work for us. If H gets there first, then I'll push her off the throne and vice versa.

Add that to a villain protagonist and wala! You have my new work-in-progress, which I hope to post here soon.
Why do I keep having this scary nightmare...The one where I went mad and killed you with my own hands.

-Loyal AS fan-

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:16 pm
ZaddieCaso says...

I actually just finished the novel I was writing about a girl who can shapeshift.

My best friend Sarah and I always joke about her features looking extraordinarily feline, and I had a dream about her shapeshifting into a cheetah. It lead on from there really, my main characters based around her. I also love to incorporate personalities of my family and family into my story, it helps me interpret how my characters would react to certain situations in the story.
Everything has been figured out, except how to live.

Jean-Paul Sartre

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:26 pm
octocoffee says...

Well, it's a serious romantic story inspired by a parody of a serious romantic story. Ha.

So, I'm not a fan of Twilight. I felt like it failed when the characters were as bland and unoriginal as the plot, among other flaws. So I do enjoy looking at parodies of it. nigahiga, the popular Youtube comedians did a parody and there's a part where 'Bella' says that 'Edward' is a mermaid. So I thought...why not do my own romance about a mermaid? Or merman, I suppose. xD There are many parallels to the Twilight saga, but I'm trying to make "familiar things new and new things familiar." It's just my own little project and the basic point is the characters and their development from static to dynamic, flat to round.
...if you are going to step on a live mine, make it your own. Be blown up, as it were, by your own delights and despairs. ~ Ray Bradbury
I Review Everything!

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:51 am
Krupp says...

Well...once again music has been my inspiration as of late. Thanks to Venetian Snares I'm writing a drug novel for the first time in my life. I usually avoid drugs and substance abuse in general because it's something that's been done to death, but I'm trying to put a little spin on it, and see what happens from there...

Note: Venetian Snares is trippy acid drum 'n bass music. Hence the idea for drugs haha.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

It's funny how humans can wrap their mind around things and fit them into their version of reality.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief