z

Young Writers Society

Abusing your Muse

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sat May 23, 2009 10:31 pm
Phantomofthebasket says...

My muse doesn't help me at all unless I'm in a good mood.
Either that or I need to get something off my chest.

Else he's gone.
All the time.
Phantom's Contest Basket <--Make me happy and join my contest! Due date: August 15th!
Phantom's Reviewing Basket <--Need a review? Go here and ask!

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:09 pm
MagnusBane says...

My Muse lives in Venice and almost never comes visit. Sometimes I'll get a postcard, but that's about it.
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:09 am
Angels-Symphony says...

I abused my muse around march/april. I rewrote/edited so much of my novel that I got sick of writing and ended up wasting $50 on Maple Story NX for 2 months until I got to lvl 50 in the game and decided to write again.
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:08 pm
Chloe(: says...

My muse has been gone lately. :(
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:49 pm
afeefah says...

My muse is annoying to say the least. Whenever I actually want to write, it hides. At night when I really want to go to sleep because I have an exam, it chucks plot bunnies at me. :roll:

Afeefah :D
I am who I am. I wouldn't be me if I wasn't. :wink:

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:26 pm
Elinor says...

I don't know. One time I wrote for 9 hours straight - and other times I can't get a word on the page...

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:41 am
Merlin34 says...

My muse will let me come up with ideas, but she won't let me work on any current works now. I want to find her, knock her out, and TIE HER TO MY KEYBOARD.
http://maxhelmberger.com/
Advice on writing, funny articles, and more.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:42 am
Krupp says...

Merlin34 wrote:My muse will let me come up with ideas, but she won't let me work on any current works now. I want to find her, knock her out, and TIE HER TO MY KEYBOARD.

Where were you six months ago? That's a brilliant plan I could've used...
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:28 pm
GryphonFledgling says...

I'm going through the "down" period of this cycle. I just shot off a complete story in a month (editing and everything) and now my muse has gone on strike. I am at a loss...

Though maybe this is a good thing. I do have some papers to write for school.
I am reminded of the babe by you.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:31 am
Auteur says...

My muse has never left my side. It comes up with about 50 different ideas every minute. Really, it does all the work. All I do is type...
Most people see what is and never what can be. - Albert Einstein

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:15 pm
BethGoth05 says...

Oh yeah. I was like that a couple of weeks ago (I'm still not finished!) I was writing from 9:00am to 3:00am everyday for about a week.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:00 am
Jack-a-Lynn says...

I have lots of muses. They show up whenever they decide they want their story to be told, even if I'm busy with another muse. Then they have an epic battle in my head. The two muses I've been working with for a while now are finally obeying and letting me write a little every night instead of in 3 month sprints. Once they're done though....I have no idea who will emerge victorious. :smt120
"We may be starving artists, but humanity's soul would starve in the absence of our efforts".

~Dr. Michael O'Hara
Associate Dean, College of Fine Arts

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first.
— Mark Twain