Young Writers Society

Fonts

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:02 pm
Phantomofthebasket says...

I hate, hate, HATE Times New Roman.
That font... needs to DIE.

I absolutely despise how my teachers MAKE us use Times New Roman... double spaced... size twelve font... :x
What I usually do is type it up in my font, NOT double spaced (I cannot type while its in double spaced... I just CAN'T), and, ahh... haha. Size ten font.
Well, in my defense, I don't have Word, so I use Wordpad.
So ha.

My font: Franklin Gothic Black
Size: 10 (Unless its the title/chapter title--then its 12.)

Yes... I know.
I'm weird. =P
Phantom's Contest Basket <--Make me happy and join my contest! Due date: August 15th!
Phantom's Reviewing Basket <--Need a review? Go here and ask!

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:39 pm
chipsandguacamollie says...

I cannot use anything other than Times New Roman. I HATE Cambria and Verdana. I cannot stand to use either of those, but my version of Word always starts writing with Cambria, and I have to change it to Times New Roman, in size 12. Everything else seems too big or too small.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

-Bilbo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring, J. R. R. Tolkien

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:51 pm
GryphonFledgling says...

Times New Roman, Courier New and Georgia. Though I usually just use TNR 'cuz that's what my computer is set to and I'm too lazy to change fonts. Though Courier is a nice font because it has that nice typewriter feel...

I should start trying out new fonts and see how that affects my writing (or if it does at all).

I like Eccentric Uncle Arial. It makes so much sense!

~GryphonFledgling
I am reminded of the babe by you.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:25 pm
Merlin34 says...

I used to use Times New Roman, but then I went through a "Candara" phase. Now I use Arial Black.
http://maxhelmberger.com/
Advice on writing, funny articles, and more.

You know what the big problem is in telling fantasy and reality apart? They're both ridiculous.
— The 12th Doctor