z

Young Writers Society

Erm...which...

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:08 pm
chasingcolts21 says...

Well...for a story/novel I'm writing, there's going to be some supernatural event. Which sounds the most powerful supernaturally; a solar eclipse, a lunar eclipse, a comet landing on Earth, etc...? Thanks for the help. I appreciate it. :P
"We would accomplish many more things if we didn't think of them as impossible." Vince Lombardi

~You've just been ticketed by the Grammar Police! 1000 word essay fine.

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:41 am
MeadowLark says...

I enjoy the Lunar Eclipses. I'm not even sure if I've ever seen a Solar Eclipse, but they seem awesome.

I'd go with one of the eclipses because they're just cool ^_^

Not to sure if the Northern Lights or a meteor shower are supernatural, but they're an enjoyment to watch.

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

98 Reviews

Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:48 am
chasingcolts21 says...

Those too, I just need to pick a supernatural event. Hard to pick one to symbolize power...I'll probably go with an eclipse.
"We would accomplish many more things if we didn't think of them as impossible." Vince Lombardi

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:43 am
Rosendorn says...

I would go with whatever fits your world. If your world is more day/sun oriented, use a solar eclipse. A pharaoh in Egypt once used a solar eclipse to scare the people into cleaning the aria around the Sphinx.

Lunar eclipse would be more suited to a woman or night based society. If the head deity is a goddess, who is usually symbolized by the moon, lunar eclipse would fit better, since it would be interpreted as her doing, especially if during a full-moon.

Comets would... hmm, that's tricky. There are a lot of myths about comets/meteors hitting the earth and causing strange occurrences, but I'm not entirely sure where those come from. Since they are so mysterious you could really fit them anywhere.

Hope this helps!

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

98 Reviews

Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:46 am
chasingcolts21 says...

Thanks Rosey, those really helped. You are an awesome greeting *coughreviewingcough* machine. You rawk!

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:03 pm
jasmine12 says...

This is fiction? Correct?
Weither it has a 'supernatural power' or not, should not matter. If you let your imagination run wild, you can make dropping a pencil supernatural.
If need be, research anything you think sounds good and take it from there. Make sure you use the knowledge that you obtain along with your imagination to create something unique. Writing the same thing over and over again will make things cliche. (Ex: full moon makes the werewolves come out) The effect on a human or mutiple humans would be your plot. so what do you want to happen? Rosey was pretty on target with her eclipses. Be creative and have fun with it.

Hope I helped.

--Jas
"Sometimes the worst bad guy makes the best good guy." Nigel--Untouched

98 Reviews

Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:30 pm
chasingcolts21 says...

thanks Jas, it is fiction and I decided to go with the eclipses. And I know to be careful of cliches. Or I might just make each of these mean something...

List of this Events I found:

1. Solar Eclipse
2. Lunar Eclipse
3. Comet landing
4. Meteor shower
5. Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights)
6. Blue Moons
7. Aurora Australis (Southern Lights)

Reviews: 4
Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:58 pm
SciFiGirl says...

That really sounds cool.

I could try to help you out. If you need any help.

Good luck.
SciFi Girl :) Twilight luvr!

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:19 pm
ZaddieCaso says...

Ohh, go with blue moon. That is more original than all of those other ideas that are so cliche and over used
good luck with your story
Everything has been figured out, except how to live.

Jean-Paul Sartre

I also wish you good mouth rocks
— figget