z

Young Writers Society

writer's block

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:24 am
foxfire says...

can anyone help me here... i need some advice to get me out from this writer's block

it is so annoying, i cannot just think straight ona good story and i just keep looking at my blank page thinking what to write

any help

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:56 pm
WaterVyper says...

Personally, I find that getting away from the computer works well. Just take an hour or two off, and you'll be fine. Just stay away from words for a while. Wait. That isn't possible. Well, sleeping helps. Stuff always pops into my mind when I'm supposed to be asleep.

Well, hope you strike lucky. Good luck with what you're writing. PM me if you need clarification.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:52 pm
Rosendorn says...

If it's a blank page you fear, just start with some hopelessly bad first line and go from there. Your real first line might show up somewhere down page 5, but by just getting the ball rolling you won't have a scary blank page facing you.

Hope that works!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:36 pm
Stori says...

Read. Capital READ. It's the best way to find inspiration.

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:46 pm
tori1234 says...

I wrote a blog on writer's block

weblog_entry.php?POST_ENTRY_URL=29386

Go check it out!
Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama
Ingonyama nengw' enamabala

If you know what this is from, become my best friend. =)

Reviews: 2
Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:33 am
i-luv-the-host-and-twilig says...

I find trying to describe random objects help.
example:A yellow rug
It was a weather worn rug.Yellow with patches of dirt,it had been in that house for a long time.
Maybe a family heirloom,maybe found at a yard sale,no one knows or cares.
"I held you in my hands,Wanderer.And you were beautiful."
Ian O'Shea,The Host,Stephenie Meyer

Reviews: 3
Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:10 am
Syuka says...

Writer's Block: the bane of my existence. I recommend that you step away from the story for a little bit. Read a book, watch your favorite TV show, or a movie, surf the net. Do something that doesn't really take that much brain activity! Eat a sandwich, take a shower, call a friend and gab a little. take a cat nap or a walk. If you come back and still don't know where to go in your story then find some of your favorite music and go back and edit, that works for me sometimes; even if it doesn't I feel like at least I accomplished something you know? better then nothing for sure *nods* also try getting some scrap paper (or open an new document if your on the computer) and just write some junk for a bit. Write whatever comes into you head. If you think "I can't think of what to write. I hate having Writer's Block!" then write that! Just the physical act of writing/typing things helps with the process. Hope that helps you even a little bit :D good luck!
if you would be a writer - then write!

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:04 pm
Huff Puff says...

You need inspiration. Go take a walk outside, refresh your mind, see how the world is working. I find it easy to think up ideas when im outside, watching the world. It actually also depends on what genre you usually write your stories. If its horror, go to some dark yet not completely isolated place and ideas may spring up on you! Your mood also effects what you're thinking, so make sure you are TOTally in the mood to get inspired! any more difficulties, pm me.
best of luck.
xx

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:07 pm
ButterFlyInk says...

kill your boyfriend's (or girlfriend) annoying roomie :smt075 *shifty eyes*
i'm just kidding....

Go for a walk, listen to some music,read, watch your favorite movie,clean your room (hey...don't look at me like that....cleaning can relieve stress and maybe while your cleaning you might get many great idea's) play video games, do something that isn't writing.
then after a while come back to writing.

hope that helps,

~B.Ink
["DD:why are you wearing 2 hats? GM: because i have 2 hats!" XD ]

"my mind isn't working properly..and so my fingers are following the trend." ~ Me

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:11 pm
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

I always listen to music. Music tells story and you could use that story as an idea. Of course, it's not going to flat out say "Oh I met this guy and then we fell in love and he cheated on me." You have to really listen to the music and think. Hope this helped!
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:18 am
un-insane peyton (hopeful says...

Do some thing that really bores you (hey it works for me). Work hard to focus at your activity to get your brain working then wander off to your own little world and day dream for a while. I get great ideas in math class.
"My mother used to say that there are no strangers, only friends you haven't met yet. She's now in a maximum-security twilight home in Australia" Dame Edna Everage

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:38 am
Dahlia says...

What I do is...I write all my ideas down in story form even if the transitions and beginning are horrible, and then as I write all of that it just comes to me and I can fill in the rest. Just keep writing your ideas down, eventually one of them will stick and you'll be able to write it.
Do you want a critique by Dahlia? If so, Click here!

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:37 am
littlemissgluttonous says...

Write ridiculous fan fiction. I've been having the same problem as you, and I find creative ideas by purging myself of all of the crap that has clogged my brain; I'm not bagging on fan fiction but it allows you to write without thinking about creating anything. Or do force writing; force yourself to write for ten minutes without stopping on objects in your room. You start to think of ideas in your frustration and then everything grows from that point.
Just write the damn thing!
Mur Lafferty

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:08 pm
lilymoore says...

I think one of the best ways for me to really get something written is to go into the contest forum and find one that you almost instantly don't want to do. Then force yourself to put words onto paper until your mind begins to wander off in a totally different direction. Follow this new direction and let your fingers take over.
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:18 pm
mimimac says...

Hey!

Take a break. This is the best thing you can do. Sit down, watch some T.V, read a book, eat, anything that gets you away from your story. Try and relax, and clear your mind. Then when you get back to your story, don't force yourself to write. Take your time. You want your story to be the best it can be, so only write when you're sure you're going to do it properly, and when you're sort of clear of writer's block. :)
xxmimixx
-mors aut honorabilis vita-

Forget the prince with a horse, I want a vampire with a volvo.

Poetry is like a bird, it ignores all frontiers.
— Yevgeny Yevtushenko