Something else. Please add comment.
No votes

Total votes : 3

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:15 pm
lakegirls says...

Hi,
There is something that has been bugging me for the past while; the name of my novel. Lake Girls is the name now, but so far the only mention of a lake is the name of one of the characters streets and that doesn't come in until the sixth chapter. I am thinking about changing it to: Them or maybe Over Privileged Girls. The only problem with this is, I would still call it Lake Girls. The name is stuck to the book.

So, my reason for posting this is the readers opinions. You can read Lake Girls
( topic37133.html ) and see which one suits it best or which one is more appealing to you. I really need your help!

Also, if you have anymore suggestions just post them here! Anything will help :)

Love,
N
Writing is the only thing that, when I do it, I don't feel I should be doing something else.
-Gloria Steinem

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:14 am
~nariel~ says...

Hmmm. I like the title you have now. Lake Girls is really catchy and I like it. Besides, there are a lot of titles out there that barely have to do with the book, so I think you're good.

Nariel
It's the very witching time of night.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:24 pm
Clo says...

Personally, I think Lake Girls sounds fine. If something else comes to you, then go with it, but worrying about it will only slow down your writing.
How am I not myself?

369 Reviews

Reviews: 369
Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:13 pm
Conrad Rice says...

You can bend the story around so that Lake Girls fits better. Like, maybe have all the girl's live on Lake Street. It's all up to you in the end, you are the one writing the story.
Garrus Vakarian is my homeboy.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:51 am
Snoink says...

Lake Girls is fine, lol. The title for my novel basically comes from chapter 7, so whatever! It doesn't matter. And Lake Girls sounds pretty catchy. :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

"I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul."
— Pablo Neruda