z

Young Writers Society

Screenwriting

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:42 pm
BabyRiot says...

Just wondering if there are any screenwriters here? I'm dabbling in it myself and have come across some resources, just want to find out if anyone here has written one.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:44 pm
Emerson says...

Hey there! You posted this in a bit the wrong section. Only scripts and plays go in the script section. Conversation can go here or in the lounge. :)

I've written a few plays myself, and I even had (a short) one produced by my high school theater troupe. Pretty nifty, huh? So if you want to talk about plays, go for it!
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:02 pm
Blink says...

Hi!

I took part in the April Script Frenzy (http://scriptfrenzy.org) where you have to write 100 pages in 30 days, some good fun! Unfortunately, I couldn't finish mine for other reasons but you may find it really helpful if you want to be a screen writer. If you check out the website you'll find some great screen writing software and tips :)

:smt102
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:33 am
MaryB. says...

You like screenwriting? What kind?
I do some. Screen and Stage. It's all fun. What made you interested in it?

Random avatar

Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:46 pm
BabyRiot says...

Suzanne wrote:Hey there! You posted this in a bit the wrong section. Only scripts and plays go in the script section. Conversation can go here or in the lounge. :)

I've written a few plays myself, and I even had (a short) one produced by my high school theater troupe. Pretty nifty, huh? So if you want to talk about plays, go for it!

Oh, sorry... is there a section on screenwriting? New to the site!

Random avatar

Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:48 pm
BabyRiot says...

Blink wrote:Hi!

I took part in the April Script Frenzy (http://scriptfrenzy.org) where you have to write 100 pages in 30 days, some good fun! Unfortunately, I couldn't finish mine for other reasons but you may find it really helpful if you want to be a screen writer. If you check out the website you'll find some great screen writing software and tips :)

:smt102

Thanks, I'll check it out! Have you heard of MyVisualPitch.com? Looks interesting.

Random avatar

Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:51 pm
BabyRiot says...

MaryB. wrote:You like screenwriting? What kind?
I do some. Screen and Stage. It's all fun. What made you interested in it?

I just enjoy movies and writing.

Have you completed many screenplays? I'm working on a couple right now.

Also trying to figure out how to get them out there once I do. I've come across a couple of sites that you can use. One is Inktip.com where you just put your logline and synopsis, etc. I also saw another called myvisualpitch.com where you actually create like a trailer for your project. Looks pretty cool. Have you tried anything like that?

[as a roleplayer is feeling sad about torturing her characters] GrandWild: "You're a writer, dear. Embrace it."
— GrandWild