z

Young Writers Society

Takes one to write one?

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Sat May 03, 2008 1:48 pm
deleted2 says...

I dont think you have to be disturbed to write from the point of view of a disturbed person, or to write disturbed events.

If you would have to be disturbed for that then I would be disturbed.

Did anyone get that ? :wink:

For example: Kathy Reichs, an amazing author, writes HORRIBLE villains and traumas into her books, but in real life she's a Forensic Anthropologist and thus basically a crime-fighter.

It's all a matter of imagination and not hesitating to write down the darkest ideas you have, I guess.

Think about it.... if you had to "be one to write one" imagine how many killers/tortures/psychos would be in the world ! There are tonnes of books like that, and I'm sure not all of the authors are crazy :wink:

XxxDo

Reviews: 2
Sun May 04, 2008 1:27 am
Kagerou453 says...

I believe that every person has a little of everything in him/herself. A romantic, a ditz, an aristocrat, a scholar, a manipulator, a sadist, a hero, a villain. You don't necessarily have to exhibit all of those traits at once, but you have to be able to understand a certain trait if you want to express it. If you can't understand someone's desires, someone's motives, someone's mindset, how and why that person became that way, then how could you possibly create someone who is like that?

Everyone has at some point in their lives been angry to the point of wishing harm on someone, been sad to the point of feeling like they're drowning, been happy to the point of nearly bursting, been compassionate to the point that other peoples' pain hurts them, been confused to the point of panic, been a complete clutz or poised and concise. You just have to understand that part of yourself to understand someone else who is like that, namely a character that you want to create.
Life will throw punches at you. You can either sit there and throw a tantrum, or you can get back up and keep on walking.

<(^.^<) ~ (>^.^)> ~ <(^.^<)

One fish, two fish, red fish, aardvark.
— alliyah