z

Young Writers Society

Need help for where my story should be put.

Reviews: 0
Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:15 am
AkaidaTenzo says...

EDIT: Sorry I didn't see the thread about where does my story go. I completely missed it. I'm kind of new here so i haven't exactly looked around the forum yet.

I have this really long story I've been writing(It's at least 87-88 pages on Microsoft Word) and its called Four Years Later.

Its a mix of characters based on people in real life, in the anime Bleach, and characters of my own pure creation. Now most of the actual weapons/powers are used from Bleach as well as the structure of the universe. However, none of the actual characters are used. So it has Bleach-elements, but it's not what I'd call a fanfic since I've given several different terms different names.

Hollows = Spettros
Soul Society = Slayer Society
Shinigami = Slayer

However some terms I've kept the same such as zanpakuto and bankai.

So I don't know whether to put this in FanFiction or Fantasy Fiction. :?

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:24 pm
JFW1415 says...

I know you've read the 'where does my piece go,' but you didn't say if you had found an answer, so I'll try to help.

If you based your ideas off that...book? Then I would say FanFiction. If it is mainly your creation, though, why don't you ditch the parts that are from Bleach? Then it's all yous. :wink:

Also, I would suggest Advanced Critiques.

Hope that helped! If you do know where to put it, let us know so we don't all answer your question. Most of us are too helpful. :oops:

~JFW1415

Reviews: 0
Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:32 am
AkaidaTenzo says...

The only thing based off of the show is the powers/abilities the characters use and one of the enemies.

I would say its mainly my creation since I've made up pretty much every character and the plot.

I might put it in Advanced Critiques, but I might want one or two more opinions.

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:58 am
kittykat says...

Hmm... If it's about 88 pages on microsoft word then you should probably put it in Advanced Critiques.
Our happiness here is all vain glory,
This false world is but transitory,
The flesh is weak, the Fiend is slee
Timor mortis conturbat me.
--William Dunbar

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:25 pm
JFW1415 says...

AkaidaTenzo wrote:The only thing based off of the show is the powers/abilities the characters use and one of the enemies.

Still, if you even doubt this, I would change it. The powers are probably fine, as long as they're not completely unique to the show. The enemy, though, should be altered. It doesn't need to be by much - just a new name, slightly different personality? You don't want people saying you copied, and if you use someone else's character, it is fanfiction. Period.

If you make it so it's all yours, then either post one chapter at a time, or post it in Advanced Critiques.

~JFW1415

The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.
— Stanislaw Jerszy Lec