z

Young Writers Society

Book clubs?

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:57 pm
Gazza_14 says...

Not book clubs as in clubs that discuss books.

When I was younger, me and my friends used to come up with an idea for a story, and agree to split the writing duties. We called it 'book club' and it never lasted long. We had stories about a poor girl and a spolit girl swapping places (how original), a boring story about a dog that keeps running away, siblings who try time travel and the imaginative title 'Pretty Faces and Fags.' We did it from the ages of 8-12 on and off.
I was wondering, were me and my friends the only weird kids doing this? Or did anyone else do it? I bet it was.
Stop. Look. Jive!

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:43 pm
Manny says...

My friends and I would work on separate stories at the same time, but not the same story together. Although our characters made numerous cross overs.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:03 pm
Rydia says...

My friends aren't into writing but I've co-written with my older sister for quite a few years now and when we were younger, we wrote seperate stories and poems and read each others.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:49 pm
Emerson says...

I suppose you can call me and any of my other writing friends to be a "book club"...especially Sam and I xD I run to her for everything when I'm confused or need help. I consider her my writing Godess. Capital G. She's amazing. If it weren't for her second opinions, I might die! Then Dreamy, we also discuss writing. I just love discussing my writing with someone else, it helps me think, and I can't very well do that with my father; I get funny looks.

And then, of course, Writingluver05 ^_~ I suppose you could say we have a club, despite only having met once. (I'll be seeing her again today, with any luck!) We discuss writing over the phone, along with a billion other subjects that come to mind.

Ah! And NaNoWriMo parties... hehe.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:34 pm
Pushca says...

I attempted to co-author some stories with a couple friends, but ours never lasted long either. I'm a total control freak, so it was pretty much bound to fail.
"Nothing I could write would be as shocking and offensive as censorship itself." -Deb Caletti

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:15 pm
Lynlyn says...

No. It sounds really fun, but I haven't ever done it.

Acting stuff out though, oh boy. We had a "detective club" in fourth grade where we used to act out crimes, police chases, court scenes, the whole lot, all on the playground. There were stolen jewels and kidnappings and smuggled snakes (don't ask, I don't remember)... oh, those were good times. I even made people ID cards with my laminating machine. At some point, I probably wrote down some of our adventures - in fact, I'm quite sure that I did - but I doubt I could find any of them now. So I took a lot of communal ideas and wrote them down, I suppose - but I never had a "book club" quite like the one you're speaking of.
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw
Lynlyn's Magical Critique Emporium - request a review here.

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:49 pm
piepiemann22 says...

My friend Jake and I are trying to write a book right now, but it's hard. We can't work on it over the phone, have tried, and we don't hand out 1 on 1 a lot, but we're trying.
I will always fight back, no matter what.

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:52 pm
Leja says...

Oh dear, me and my friends did this at age seven or eight when we were first learning to write. But then I was assigned to finish the story and they didn't like how I did it, so :poof: goes the book club.

xD

“Christmas won’t be Christmas without any presents!”
— Little Women