z

Young Writers Society

The Link - Genisis

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu May 10, 2007 6:31 pm
Archae says...

So, I'll post a little preveiw of my novel here, just to give you an idea of what I wirte about. Just remember that, in all fairness, this isn't actually part of the story itself. Just a little preview, and plot summary. See what you think. :arrow:

Imagine a world, one hundred and fifty years from now, where nothing is right. Leaders are corrupt, the climate is beyond control, the human population is soaring and poverty is no longer a third world issue. It is now a world wide issue.

Leo doesn’t seem to belong in this world. He has no memory of who he is. He was found at the age of fourteen, unconscious, with no record of his existence - As though he just appeared out of thin air. The lack of foster parents in this future meant that Leo found himself stuck in an orphanage, where he doesn’t fit in.

Then he meets Archae, a boy roughly his age, who suffers from the same social rejection as him. The two soon realize that, together, they are more than just a clever pair of teenagers; they are a deadly combination of wit, bravery and cunningness.

An inventive yet somewhat dangerous ploy to frighten a disliked adult grabs the attention of the military. There is obvious potential in both Archae and Leo, who are quickly recruited into the army and plunged, headfirst, into a new life.

Many years later, they have been given a private mission. Their mission involves docking with a space station, the Lunar Medical facility, and investigating. The station has been silent since it was launched, but only recently could a distress signal be heard.

With a squad of fresh recruits behind them, Archae and Leo run into trouble as soon as they land on the dock. The crew has disappeared, and the ship seems to be empty. But it doesn’t end there. Strange messages are found, unexplainable noises are heard, and before long they realize they are not alone.

Trapped, hunted and cornered, Leo and Archae must discover the many secrets that the Lunar Medical Facility holds. Only then can they escape, with their lives intact.
Mockingbirds don't do one thing but make music for us to enjoy... they don't do one thing but sing their hearts out for us. That's why it's a sin to kill a mockingbird. -- To Kill a Mocking Bird - Harper Lee

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Thu May 10, 2007 6:36 pm
Poor Imp says...

It sounds like it's got both the plot and the characters to keep it going. ^_^ I'm rather curious about where Leo might have come from - not an experiment, is he? If not, you've set up something I won't even try to guess at...

Anyhow, I have too many questions - wouldn't be quite apt to post them on what's only a plot summary. But I hope you'll post some of the story; though I'm buried with critiques I haven't gotten to yet, I'd love to glance at this. ^_^

IMP

post-scriptum: Moved to Fiction Discussion
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed May 30, 2007 2:23 pm
Rydia says...

Very interesting. I'd certainly like to read more. Do you intend to post the rest?
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it. That doesn't happen much, though.
— J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye