z

Young Writers Society

Getting Better or Not?

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:11 pm
Esmé says...

I tend to chunk everything with which I get bored into the trash bin and the delete it, so I really can’t go back and reread what I wrote when I was like ten or something.
-But I suppose I am better. I mean, I did find something that I wrote when I was like eight. About a tooth fairy. No details, no comments. Lets just say that yes, I write better now.

Dream Deep - opens eyes wide*. TWO YEARS? I can’t get over six months. After that I usually get bored and start something else. I know, stupid, especially if I have like 50 pages (the most I have ever written under one title and topic).

-elein

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:43 pm
Swires says...

Actually your question is rather ambigous, because the more your write and concentrate on writing you are technically also aging as you do that.

I agree with a few others: the more you write and read, the better you get.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:11 pm
Via says...

I think, like others have said, that yes--your writing improves the more you work on it. "Practice makes perfect". And you also age in the process...

But I think another reason writing improves with age is the fact that the older you get, the more experiences you have, the more you understand the world and how to write to it.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

Revision is one of the exquisite pleasures of writing.
— Bernard Malamud