z

Young Writers Society

"Hop", "Skip", and a "Reverser"

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:01 pm
jearjioe says...

Well, I don't know about you, but i "Hop," "skip," and "Reverse". Literally and figuratively.
I sit down and begin writing. I'll write for a while and then stop. The next day, or maybe a few days later, I'll pick up where I left off. I will then get writers block and "Hop" ahead in the story, writing something that I will try to use soon in the story.

Or maybe, I'll "Skip" ahead and write something that is close to an ending to the story. I'll then try to wrap my story into that section and have events that lead up to it.

Or, most often, I'll a "reverser." I'll go back and change half of my story and then change any "hops" or "Skips" I had writen.

Maybe it's just me or maybe all writers do this some times. Whatever the case tell me what you think.

Jearjioe

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:49 pm
Esmé says...

Welcome to the club, lol. I know what you mean. E.g., if i start writing something on tuesday, I'll start from the beggining. The day after, I think of the ending. From then on, chaos is a mild word for what i do. Starting from scratch what I had already written, deleting HUGE amounts of what I changed, rewriting the beggining like 8 times, then, finally, after a month, maybe two, I sit in front of teh computer, say 'enough', and delete the whole thing.
Its horrible... :(

Man is by nature a political animal.
— Aristotle