z

Young Writers Society

Am I the only person who has read 'The Lovely Bones'

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:07 pm
Chantel says...

Surely I can't be the only person who has read 'The Lovely Bones' By Alice Sebold? I've asked around my school but nobody seems to have read it.
If you have, post back, because I really love the book, and it would be good to know there are other people out there who appreciate Alice Sebold's writing. For those of you who haven't read it, go and find it in your library - it's an inspirational read!

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:59 pm
Via says...

I have! I love Alice Sebold.

If you haven't already....I suggest you read "Lucky" as well. It's nonfiction, but just as inspiring to anyone that can relate to anything in it, even if it's just the smallest thing.

:wink:

Meg
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:42 pm
Cassandra says...

*raises hand* I have! My mom was kind of leery about me reading it, but I'm really not sure why. She's like, "Doesn't that involve rape?" And I say, "Yeah...so?" Honestly. She should see the stuff I write about. O.o

But it was a good book. Really aggravating, though how the murderer (can't remember his name) just walked around like nothing was wrong, and of course, you know that he's all twisted and evil, but no one else suspects him! So frustrating! But that proves she's a good writer if she can make you feel that way, no?
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:07 pm
Chantel says...

Yay, I'm not alone! :D I'm so happy!
I am a little gothic duck and little gothic ducks are the way forward!

Step over to the dark side...

If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.
— Oscar Wilde