z

Young Writers Society

At what age did you start writing and

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:48 pm
View Likes
bluewaterlily says...

I started writing when I was 12. We were studying Greek mythology in English and our assignment was to make up our own version of mythology and to write a short story in the version of an original myth. I was inspired by the Abduction of Persephone, but in my story, it was the parents who were saved by their daughter instead of the daughter waiting to be rescued :P It became my escape, and ever since then, I was hooked.
"A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language." - W.H. Auden

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:11 am
TriSARAHtops says...

I remember writing a story in about grade two (which was supposed to be a recount that I well, embellished, a little) that involved a penguin. I can't quite remember the details.

As for when I decided I actually wanted to be a writer, I was in Grade Five and wrote a story where the main characters best friend was trying to take over the world by turning people into zombies, and the whole conflict was solved when my MC's favourite author showed up and turned of the zombie-fying machine. I was convinced that that would be the story that made me a famous published author.
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:27 am
willachilles says...

I started in kindergarten = the age of 4
You are meant to start kindergarten at 5.
4+5 = 9
Some people were 6 when they started kindergarten.
9-6=3

Half-Life 3 Confirmed!

I know, I know, it was stupid. But I had to do it. I just had to.
Do you even YWS?

"Poetry is what happens when your mind stops working, and for a moment all you do is feel."
-ishitadutt

"You have to pretend to sleep before you can ever dream."
-silented1

Life is like an onion. You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.
— Carl Sandburg