z

Young Writers Society

Music?

101 Reviews

Reviews: 101
Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:51 am
WritersUnleashed says...

So, does anybody listen to music to help inspire them? I listen to Beehthoven's Symphonies while I write my poetry. It seems to help me alot.

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:57 am
Jas says...

Nope. I can't listen to music when I write anything.
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

315 Reviews

Reviews: 315
Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:38 am
Navita says...

Music for inspiration, yes.

Music while writing, no. Writing is music. Overlaying one kind of music with another just distorts everything. I can't think straight with music on. Plus, I find I prefer lyric-less music more and more now, considering how cliche lyrics mess up poetry.

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:21 pm
lilymoore says...

I do like to have some sort of music in the background as for me, it's very relaxing, especially when I write poetry. It seems like sometimes, finding just one little lyric or rhythm can be the most inspiring thing for me. But usually, by the time I've found my inspiration, I don't even notice the music over the tapping of my keyboard.
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:02 pm
Lumi says...

Music for inspiration, yessssss. Everything about music demonstrates a mood--even the lyrics. I most often have one song that's a main influence for a piece.

Also, the music is always kept down between 20%-30% volume, or else it overpowers my head. :P
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:15 pm
Alpha says...

I agree with Lumi. I listen to Mozart while I write, it somehow inspires me, especially -my favorite-Lacrymosa (not the one by Evanescence- the original.). But I can't write if it's too loud.
This is weird. If I listen to Lacrymosa, I write sad poetry. If I listen to The Magic Flute, then I produce strong, happy, uplifting poetry. (All my poems that ate in my YWS portfolio were written under the influence of The Magic Flute. Just thought you'd like to know.)

Sometimes I go the other way and listen to rock bands like Evanescence and Skillet while writing- though I rarely get much done. I prefer sticking to classic music.

Okay, I've bored you enough!
Cheers,
Alpha

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:54 pm
rememberdecember says...

Ya when I listen to music it inspires to write alot. I listen to bands like daughtry and hinder.

Talent is something that comes from within; it has nothing to do with age.
— AURORA