z

Young Writers Society

Reviewing

562 Reviews

Reviews: 562
Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:48 pm
Button says...

Hi there! So, you want to learn how to review? Well I'm here to help you!

You can post on here and let me know if you want some help. Feel free to leave a specific link or work if you want help reviewing that particular one. If you don't have one, I'm sure we can scrounge up a piece somewhere on the site. :P
I'm available to work through something on a Writersfeed Pad, though if you just want some pointers, I'm happy to give those to you too.

Why bother?
Spoiler! :
Well, reviewing might seem like a really simple thing to do, but too many times there are the short little reviews that say, "well, this is good, nice job", and not much else. Unfortunately, as sincere as these might be, they don't help you or the other person.
You see, reviewing isn't just beneficial for other people. It also helps you to learn how to write, because you learn how to identify mistakes, which makes you watch out for them in your own work. Reviewing well really helps you grow. Heck, that's how I learned how to write. I think that's how most of us have learned how to write.
Not only does reviewing improve your writing, but it gives you points on the site. You can get up to 50 points for each review, but only if they're long enough. You don't want to fill your review with half-hearted words and opinions with no backing; better to write something that will help someone, especially if it will help you too.

Just let me know, and I'd love to help!

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:55 pm
Marrzi says...

Hey, thanks for this.
I used to do those silly little reviews because I was afraid of hurting the person somehow. I guess in a way that's a bit selfish of me. Constructive criticism is a good thing.
Thank you for helping me to know reviewing is. =]

Marrzi

P.S I hope this isn't one of those short simple reviews you were talking about =P. I'm working on making them longer. Thanks again

There’s always a story. It’s all stories, really. The sun coming up every day is a story. Everything’s got a story in it. Change the story, change the world.
— Terry Pratchett