z

Young Writers Society

Inspiration?

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:09 pm
Busheldood says...

I find my inspiration from the things i go through in life and what happens to the people around me. I'm always thinking and imagining - "What if", - my favorite two words ;)

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:05 am
nekros says...

I find that no matter how much you try to "construct" poetry. It doesn't work. Rather, the poem is a reflection of the heart. If were trying to be humorous, maybe that would not be the case. I tend to let my mind create images that represent how I feel. It's a rather spontaneous process. This is just my case. Express your heart, don't hide from it.
"He laid emeralds in our eyes. Oh, but I'd already tried a bracelet made of gold and scarlet thread around her wrist. And everything was wrong, so we sang sentimental songs. Oh how seldom we belong, but how elegant our kiss." -Norma Jean "Memphis Will Be Laid To Waste"

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:42 am
Kaywiia says...

One thing I know I like to do is open up a book and read until I find a word I can write a poem on, and write on that. Or, like you did, I will take the experiance of someone else and write on that. this will also develop your listening skills as you search around for insparation.

But really, look around you. A poem down't have to be deep and romantic. It can be fun and silly. So write about anything and everything.

Happy Writing!

Kay
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Tue May 03, 2011 7:17 pm
EtCetera says...

My usual inspirations:
Sit back and watch the world. What goes on in it?
Look at my life. What do I feel about these things that are happening to me?
Burn the world.
Where do I exist?
Ask God about it.
What do I wonder about?

This is not an exhaustive list, obviously.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:13 am
unmarkedterritory says...

Whenever I a have nothing to write about, or have no inspiration. I usually go to a park, lake, river or a forest. I begin to describe how I feel and sense my surroundings. Whether it is I feel happier with the sun illuminating my soul or the water shallowing and cleansing my toes after a long journey. I find nature the easiest to find inspiration and find emotion within yourself.

Or if that doesn't work, go somewhere random. Like a grocery store, dog park or maybe a beach? Sit there, experience and feel what is being experienced and felt :shock: :P

Then write, write, write and write again!

HAVE FUN!

And then, as if written by the hand of a bad novelist, an incredible thing happened.
— Bartimaeus of Uruk