z

Young Writers Society

Propaganda Poetry

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:33 am
Scion of Fangor says...

Hello People,

My first foray into the poetry forums :smt005 its a scary place :). I've been asked to do some poetry to help promote Transition Town Llandrindod (A Local Green Initiative). I need to help put several messages to the readers (Peak Oil, Localization etc.), but have no idea how to do so. Can anyone give me some help with this sort of work. Any comments much appreciated.
GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Reviews: 1
Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:30 pm
Albion94 says...

Theres WWI propaganda which you could look at for techniques. Jessie Pope's "Who's for the Game?" for example: Lots of rhetorical questions and guilt tripping which is great for propaganda. You could try use a similar style if you're stuck

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:36 pm
MeanMrMustard says...

So, you need to write propaganda? And it has to be poetry? In other words in order to promote the goal this group wishes you want to be sneaky. Look at poetry from the 40's to the late 70's, there is a ridiculous amount of so-called "propaganda" in poems from those times. If you look at the metaphysical modernists you can find poets that got very, very creative. If you strike out completely let me know. Focus on the modern poets, if not the post-modern poets as well.

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.
— Lyndon B. Johnson