z

Young Writers Society

Need Help Writting a Peom

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:05 pm
Atrevido says...

I never write peons only stories and books.. i need help in writing peoms.. can someone like.. perhaps teach me?

I have read some of the peoms on the site and they were amazing, and i wanna write like them. im a quick learner :D
The dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did. -- T.E Lawrence

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:44 am
Kamas says...

Mkay, I'm in. What do you need help with? ^^

EDIT:

Poetry isn't something you learn really. You can learn techniques and expand your vocabulary and all that, but it really comes with practice. If you want me to cover something specific with you though or just in general, we can talk over PM.

Kamas
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

367 Reviews

Reviews: 367
Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:34 pm
Mizzle says...

Hi, Ahms--nice seeing you. ^^
It's poem, though. XD
So, I'd be happy to help with some tips, but like Kammie said...you can't exactly learn poetry. I mean, it's like anything else. Practice makes perfect.
PM me, if you need anything--though Kammie is probably the better poet ;)
XD.
-Mizz
"Chase your dreams, and remember me, speak bravery,
Because after all, those wings will take you up so high."
-- Owl City, "To the Sky"
✯ ✯ ✯

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:02 pm
defendthelegend says...

poems come naturally, you cant really have help writing one, think of a topic, base it on something you feel strongly about, a passion, or an emotion you are feeling at the moment, describe the feeling, describe what it means to you, what sort of stuff can help other people relate to it. love e.g. give an example, like heart broken, or finding your true love XD hope I helped pm me if you need any more XD
I wrote your name in the sand and the sea washed it away! I wrote your name in my heart and there it will stay.

287 Reviews

Reviews: 287
Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:59 pm
Maki-Chan says...

Things to think about poetry

rhythm, flow, rhyming, line breaks, and punctuation.

All of these effect poetry, (though rhyming isn't needed all the time, poetry like free verse doesn't use it)
A good way to write a poem is to use a beat (rhythm)
make sure the words flow well together. kinda like...
The little
cat,
tried to settle
in a hat.
(oh my that's rhyming hehe)

the words at the front and the end of the line, show great importance. Sometimes you can create a new line to emphasise a certain word.

yeah... hope this helps somewhat ^_^
check out my deviantart account ^_^
http://maki121.deviantart.com/

661 Reviews

Reviews: 661
Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:08 pm
Jasmine Hart says...

The best thing you can do is read poetry.Anthologies are great for introducing you to a range of forms. My favourite is "Being Alive", edited by Neil Astley. Then I'd start looking at the rules. "The Ode Less Travelled" by Stephen Fry is a great introduction to poetic form.
"Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:11 pm
xjpalladinix says...

Poetry has no definition. You could really call anything a poem if you really wanted to. The best thing about poetry is that there are no rules to it. :D So if you put a little thought and inspiration, you can write anything you want and it will probably be an amazing poem!

I hope I helped a little. :)

It is not enough to do your best; you must know what to do, and THEN do your best.
— W. Edwards Deming