Count me in, Audster.
when she needs to shelter from reality she takes a dip in my daydreams

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:34 pm
View Likes
LemonyIce says...

I'd like the link to the document then, please, Audy! Thanks! :D
I'd rather waltz than just walk through the forest.
The trees keep the tempo and they sway in time.
Quartet of crickets chime in for the chorus.
If I were to pluck on your heart strings would you strum on mine?

~Plant Life, Owl City

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:57 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

I'll be there! :D
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:18 am
View Likes
Jas says...

I can only make it for the one that's booked up., if I used the converter correctly.

Knowing me, I probably didn't...could anyone check out what time the workshops are for Eastern Time Zone? I'd really appreciate it! [:
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:31 am
Audy says...

Knowing me, I probably didn't...could anyone check out what time the workshops are for Eastern Time Zone? I'd really appreciate it! [:

Session 1 is Friday, March 16th at 7am.
Session 2 is " " at 7pm.
Session 3 is Saturday, March 17th at 11am.

Eastern Time Zone is my own, so it got the lucky slate :P At the moment, I'm still waiting to hear back from everybody, so even though session 2 is full at the moment, that's likely to change. I'll keep you posted.

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:17 am
View Likes
DevanEWilliams says...

I'd definitely want to participate, although most likely the only one I'd be available for is the second session. And that's still a maybe.
Stay away from limbo bears.
And always have extra marshmallows on hand in case of emergencies.

High Quality Reviews Available Here! viewtopic.php?f=188&t=96280

Reviews: 4
Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:32 am
View Likes
DreamGalaxy says...

Interested but I still don't get exactly how this works! :)
A galaxy full of dreams....some lost, some forgotten, others outgrown and those that have been broken.... somewhere an endless sea of dreams exists...dreams that shine as bright as stars

696 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:43 pm
Audy says...

Interested but I still don't get exactly how this works!

First, pick a session based on the date and time you're able to be online. Make sure you've converted the time I listed to your timezone :)

Second, just wait for my private message. On that date, I will be sending PMs with a link to the private workshop, which will be hosted on the Titanpad website.

Titanpad is a web-based collaborative real-time editor, allowing authors to simultaneously edit a text document, and see all of the participants' edits in real-time, with the ability to display each author's text in their own color. There is also a chat box in the sidebar to allow meta communication.

Think of it as an online Microsoft word document in which you can type and comment, and we can all view and type and comment at the same time, so it works very much like a chatroom. If you've ever used googledocs, it's pretty much the same concept, and you don't even have to sign up!

Third, attend the session! At the workshop we will be discussing our main topic how do you know when a poem is finished?, collaborating on poetic techniques, reading and dissecting a contemporary poem by an award-winning poet, writing our own poems based on a prompt, and working together on writing a group-poem!

If you want a more detailed overview on what we will be doing during the workshop itself, here is the agenda:

Spoiler! :
The workshop itself is structured into two parts. The first half of the workshop is instructive and discussion-based, while the second half is about creativity and free-writing.

During the instructive part, We will go over our main topic: how to decide when a poem is finished? as well as brush over poetic elements and effective techniques you can use when revising poetry!

We'll be looking at a published poem from an established, contemporary poet and quickly discuss what we might've liked, what we don't like about it, and what we can learn from it.

If anyone has any specific questions about craft, or would like to share some of their own experiences or tips, this would be the perfect opportunity to ask, since you will have at your disposal: Mesh, Pengu, myself, and all of your peers from YWS to learn from! And of course, we can all learn from you!

Everybody has different methods, different opinions, different thoughts! So, there's never any need to feel intimidated. Even if you don't know half of what you're doing, the important part is to write and to express yourself and to learn, but more importantly to have fun! ^_^ We're all friends here!

As for the creativity and free-writing. It will be based upon what we've learned. There will be a prompt that will serve to inspire you and get you thinking in new and inventive ways. We will each take a few minutes to work separately and free-write and come up with our own poetic draft and ideas.

These poems that you write at the workshop can be commented on by any and all of your peers and the best part is that it will take place in real time, so if you are stuck at a certain point and need some advice (maybe you need help coming up with the right word or you need help with flow) we'll all be there to help and support each other. You can even post them up on YWS when you're finished!

But wait! There's more! For the last few minutes of the workshop, I want to try a group activity. I will start off with an opening line for a poem and each of us will respond in kind and write a line in succession. By the end of the workshop, we should have a finished poem written by the entire group where we will each have contributed a line.

The workshop itself is scheduled for about an hour, however based on my own experience, it almost always runs over, so I hope everyone can be a bit flexible!

If you have any more questions, let me know. And if you're looking to attending, make sure you let me know what session you can make!

~ as always, Audy

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:09 am
View Likes
thetraveler says...

Sorry, I can't make it. Could I still get the discussion? Thanks,trav
"Elementary, my dear Watson"
:D :D :D
Spoiler! :
SPOILED!!!

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:35 am
View Likes
Joker says...

Sign me up, baby. Looking forward to the discussion. I can only make the Friday one, though. Work and stuff.

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:44 pm
View Likes
Niebla says...

This sounds great! Besides, I was lured in by Audy. ;) The third workshop is the only one I'd be able to attend. If there's any space in that one, I'd love to come.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:14 pm
View Likes
RedMoon says...

I am [i]very[i] interested in poetry. I want to be a singer when I grow up and I think I should write my own songs. I think poetry is a good place to start on that, but unfortunately, I will not be able to attend any of these sessions at any time. I would like the link, though. :D.
Remember, God loves you!

696 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:51 pm
Audy says...

Excellent!

So last call....? :) First workshop begins in approximately 11 hours :3

To Session 1ers:

We may be a small session, but no worries! That only means we'll have more time and flexibility for our discussions! You'll be receiving your PMs from me in a few more hours. :D

Reviews: 2
Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:10 am
GoofySmurf says...

How does this work? and i have school.
Ehh, who knows what to put here anymore.

696 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:34 am
Audy says...

How does this work? and i have school.

Read 6 posts above yours. If you're unable to make it, I can still send you the documents after everyone's finished.

If a nation loses its storytellers, it loses its childhood.
— Peter Handke