z

Young Writers Society

Those Who Mark in Library Books

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:08 pm
Meshugenah says...

XD, cents!

Alianna wrote:The last book I had from the library someone had scribbled names inside it. I mean, if your going to do that get a piece of paper! what's the point of ruining a book that isn't even yours????

Those might've been donated books? Especially if it was on the front cover, I know I used to, and still do, write my name on the inside of my books.

I'll mark in textbooks, since it's useful, and some fiction books, if I'm reading them for school. 1984 for instance, I marked up. I love it, but I also read it for a class! Fun stuff.

But no. Library books with markings suck. And I know my library checks for marks since I work there. And yeah, people get called on it all the time. That and missing CDs.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:17 pm
Leja says...

Oh, I like it when there are marks in library books. Especially research books; it makes it much easier to skim for the information I'm looking for.

It's also fun to get a copy of the teacher's book when you have to read something for class; they have things underlined, and scribbled in the margins, and it's great.

I write in my own books all the time, but I do try to refrain from library books. Textbooks, however, if someone's already commented in them, of course I have to add to it. Where's the fun if you don't? :D

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:51 pm
Cade says...

Oh, textbooks are the best! One of the people who used to have my World History book liked to draw on the pictures. There was this one of a bunch of world leaders and they all had little speech bubbles and it was so funny...wish I still had that book.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:35 am
Leja says...

I've taken it upon myself to make sure that every book I have at school ends up with some kind of grafiti like above before I have to return it at the end of the year. ^_^

You want markings in books? Check out a used bookstore. I opened a book from there one day, and I swear the previous owner was writing a doctrate thesis (don't know if I spelled that right) on the inside cover.

What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason, how infinite in faculty, in form and moving how express and admirable, in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like a god -- the beauty of the world, the paragon of animals!
— William Shakespeare