8%
Pat Buchanan
18%

Total votes : 51

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:26 pm
Bobo says...

Hey, the dark skins aren't working, eh? Well, I like the new skins anyway, so good going. And expect new logos to go with it!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:44 pm
Nate says...

Bobo wrote:Hey, the dark skins aren't working, eh? Well, I like the new skins anyway, so good going. And expect new logos to go with it!

Which dark skins did you try? They are all working for me, although there is a problem in IE where the blocks in the forum index don't reach all the way over.

Thanks in advance for the logos! As you can see, the ones I've been coming up with for the new templates are terrible...

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:25 am
View Likes
DarkerSarah says...

I like it better, now. I'm used to posting in forums, and the other looked a little elementary to me. This is nice. Much more professional.

-Sarah
"And I am a writer
writer of fiction
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones...
Let me go if you don't love me" ~The Decembrists "Engine Driver"

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:25 pm
Perra says...

Personally, I thought the noteboard look gave the site a sense of individuality and originality, although a few other sites may have the look. Also, it was different from all the other sites I'm on because of that look. It stood out. i'd be a happy girl if that look came back. Not that you should set out to bring it back, Nate. You need to just continue improving what you're improving right now.
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:09 am
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

I think this layout grows on a person.. lol
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:40 am
View Likes
Crysi says...

Especially for people with really bad headaches.. the dark layouts are awesome. I miss noteboard, but this is cool too.
Love and Light

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:23 am
View Likes
Bobo says...

I love how the new posts are all orange. Sweet. Anyways, Nate, those new logos are actually pretty good. You're getting better, I'd say. Anyways, if you could send me the template (blank background for me to put the logo onto), I will get it done right away. I don't really feel like searching them out, you know?

425 Reviews

Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:03 am
View Likes
Nate says...

I'm getting the one done for the dark template by the guy who designed the template, but I'll send you the one for the light template right away.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:22 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

Where'd the point system go? Do we still have it? Me confuzzled.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

425 Reviews

Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:09 am
View Likes
Nate says...

The point system is definitely still there. Why do you ask?

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:03 pm
View Likes
randy says...

Good stuff, Lee!
Bibamus, morturande est.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:22 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

Nate wrote:The point system is definitely still there. Why do you ask?

Because when I look in mine or other people's profiles, I can't access them to donate or see, and there is no longer a slot for them in the profile. I am, however, still receiving points for posting in the story and About the Authors sections.

As this is my contest reward, it is important. Also, this isn't just a dark-skinned problem becasue I temporarily changed to light and it still doesn't work.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

425 Reviews

Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:27 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

I'm aware of that problem, but I haven't figured out what's wrong. In moving from YWS 1.0 to YWS 2.0, none of the code was changed, just the look, so everything that worked before should be working now (this is really YWS 1.1, but I like saying 2.0...). I do have an idea though about how to fix it, so it might be fixed later today.

However, you can still donate points by going to a member's post and clicking [donate]; the link is located underneath the biographical information to the left side of the post (where location, age, gender, etc. are).

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:39 pm
Perra says...

Nate, sometimes the pages wont load. They give me an error message. And sometimes the site goes a little slow before giving me some of those messages.
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

425 Reviews

Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:49 pm
Nate says...

Perra wrote:Nate, sometimes the pages wont load. They give me an error message. And sometimes the site goes a little slow before giving me some of those messages.

That's a problem with the server; I'm not quite sure what's going on with my hosting provider but there are people complaining. One question though, how long has this been happening?

You have been de-shenaniganed.
— WaffleCat