1 - Terrible
1%

Total votes : 99

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:48 pm
View Likes
AstrangedbeaR says...

wow. looks great. finally i can use yws normally again :)
*AstrangedbeaR*

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:52 pm
Nate says...

Areida wrote:Ohhh... like in the blogs? COOL! Is that option in the profile? Never mind. I'll go look for it and if I can't find it I'll just ask you. If I can put stuff there then that's awesome. I just don't like the blank white space.

If you can make it so we can choose our own font size, that would be great, but don't worry about it if you can't. There's enough stuff going on with the new site that font size is a very small concern.

It'd be like the blogs, but it's not a feature yet. If I do something like that, it won't be configurable by the user either.

The font size is fairly easy to do, so I'll get around to doing that this week. Just need to finish putting in all the other backend/administrative stuff before I do.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:16 pm
Myth says...

I've been surfing the site all day, its pretty much the same apart from the colours which I like but isn't there any other selections to choose from?

And the avatar has to be below 10kb so I had to change mine at least five times before it was accepted.

I'd give the site 4.5 out of 5. :)
.: ₪ :.

'...'

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:48 pm
Ares says...

The sites awesome Nate. It's so BIG compared to TSR, feels a little foreign. Nice work. Thanks.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:02 pm
Snoink says...

I have to say: the layout is completely sexy. :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:50 pm
Bobo says...

Nate, be sure to fix the voting caps this time :P

425 Reviews

Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:20 pm
Nate says...

Elderberry Bobo wrote:Nate, be sure to fix the voting caps this time :P

I did once, but the voting caps on this template are so big that they distort the width of the portal box on the front page.

425 Reviews

Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:24 pm
Nate says...

MetalHead wrote:The sites awesome Nate. It's so BIG compared to TSR, feels a little foreign. Nice work. Thanks.

The site used to be a ton bigger with games and a community photo album. I cut those out (games for being irrelevant, photo album because it was rarely used), but there is one more thing that I would love to add and would make the site more on par with other writing sites in terms of content. Unfortunately, what I want is a knowledge base addition, but it's still in development.

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:23 pm
Bobo says...

Nate wrote:
Elderberry Bobo wrote:Nate, be sure to fix the voting caps this time :P

I did once, but the voting caps on this template are so big that they distort the width of the portal box on the front page.

I'll make them all smaller and send them to you.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:19 am
Supermal says...

I just wanted to say major thanks and congrats on the new YWS- it's really great and definately a relief! :D
~Michelle~
Who needs friends when you've just bought a brand new pen?

Random avatar

Reviews: 124
Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:36 am
Reyu says...

Tadima :)
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

~George Carlin

The Completely Evil Plan.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:25 pm
zell says...

This site is awesome plus it's got the same chat room which is also awesome.

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:02 pm
Swires says...

Yes I like the design better and its much more sitey than forumy now.

Good work *pats on head*
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

Random avatar

Reviews: 335
Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:57 pm
Fireweed says...

I love the new look, and the logo is cool but SERIOUSLY needs an apostrophe. It's driving me insane...

But this site is indeed quite awesome. :D :) 8) :mrgreen: :P :wink:
"I myself am composed entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."- Augusten Burroughs

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:07 pm
Cassandra says...

It's actually grammatically incorrect to have the apostrophe. In this case, Young Writers is plural while society just denotes a group. The Young Writer does not own the group. Similar to how "Veterans Affairs" is always written without the apostrophe; just grammatically incorrect to include it. The logo problem is that it takes you to the community forum index page rather than the home page. It's actually a very easy, ten second fix, but I'm just lazy, lol

^Posted by Nate in the "Thoughts on YWS 3.0" thread. I thought the same thing, Fireweed!

I sleep with reckless abandon!
— Link Neal