To show what is in our heart.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:44 pm
Elizabeth says...

Love is patient
Love is kind
Love does not envy...

I have that saying from the bible taped on my wall, I remembered.
That is all I have associated with the Bible though.
Bring meaning into this suckers.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:49 pm
Firestarter says...

reminds me of onions. smelly at times, uncomftorable, makes you want to cry, tastes good, many colors, shapes and sizes.. and onions are like ogres, which is all there really is to say.

Also you forgot that onions have lots of layers.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:51 pm
Bobo says...

Like ogres!

God is love.

Random avatar

Reviews: 57
Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:52 pm
Nefer says...

"Love is a promise, love is a souvenir, once given, never forgotten, never let it disappear." John Lennon.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:10 pm
Elizabeth says...

(What about parfaits? Parfaits have layers, parfaits are delicious!)

Love is a Parfait with whipped cream on it. :)

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:57 pm
Angel17 says...

Love is painful. Or so i've heard
Real poetry are those with the best words in the best order

~~~~~~~~Mandy~~~~~~~~~

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:01 pm
Cicero says...

Love IS painful... when you love someone so much that your throat seizes up and your chest constricts... but love is wonderful, despite the pain that may follow. It is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all, while cliche, is completely true.

Love (in a romantic sense) is about being completely taken with a person, so that there is no one else in the world. Despite their flaws (which no one can really overlook), you love them. No, BECAUSE of their flaws. They understand you, they know what you like... love is rolling over and kissing their shoulder, hugging them, feeling complete. Falling out of love, now that is the painful part... and right now I am all too intimate with that emotion.

Love in a familial or friendship sense is knowing that they love you in spite of who you are. They laugh with you, cry with you, go to prison with you. "A good friend bails you out of jail... a best friend sits there with you and says 'Oh, s***.'" They're always there for you, even when you call them in tears at 3:30 in the morning.

Godly love, while I have only brushed against it, is an entirely different sensation, which I believe each person must feel for his or her self... perhaps it is the feeling of being an important part of the world despite your minuteness, the feeling of touching some cosmic power.

In all endeavors in the realm of love: good luck - you'll need it!
Last edited by Cicero on Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Artichoke -
O heart weighed down by so many wings."
- Joseph Hutchison

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:07 pm
Snoink says...

Onion. Definitely.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:23 pm
Bobo says...

Wow, what a contrast. Cicero, I agree wholeheartedly. That is way deep, man.

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:09 pm
Sponson Light says...

Ill be blunt because thats who I am, if you dont like it shut up.

Love is triggered by hormones and electrical impulses in your brain to stimulate you into reproducing.
The only reason it feels "painful" is because something bad happened. For example, your a straight A student, and you get expeled from school.
Thats what love is, the need to reproduce. You stay together because we're built to nurture. Im not saying it doesnt feel good or bad or what ever.
Love can be described as almost anything.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:01 am
Areida says...

"Love is the beauty of the soul." -St. Augustine

"Love takes up where knowledge leaves off." -St. Thomas Aquinas

"Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies." -Aristotle

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.

But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.

Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." -1 Corinthians 13:4-10, 12-13

Love is handing over the last piece of bread to your younger sister at dinner, and acting like you didn't want it. Love is when my dad stays up an extra hour to check math homework and then spends twenty minutes the next morning explaining where the errors were and how to fix them.

Love is when you forget your lunch and your parents bring it even if it makes them late to work. Love is when a little girl smiles because her daddy made a silly face.

Love is sacrificial; it makes you want to give of yourself, to aspire to be the best you can.

Love is the warmth of a little sister snuggled up next to you on the couch because you both fell asleep. Love is watching two little girls huddled under a tent blanket with a flashlight, giggling and telling stories.

Love is forgiving.

Those who choose to live without it are empty; those who have it overflow and want to share it with the world.

God is love.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

Random avatar

Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:14 am
Sponson Light says...

Those who choose to live without it are empty

Isnt saying that like calling someone stupid?
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:59 am
Areida says...

No, but people without love are hollow compared to those who do have it.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

Random avatar

Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:44 am
Sponson Light says...

Hollow? Please explain. Im serious when I ask you what hollow means.

The person who has no opinion will seldom be wrong.
— Anonymous