14%
Indifferent
31%

Total votes : 85

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed May 04, 2005 9:45 pm
Nate says...

A lot has been changed and so now I need to now if everyone likes the changes.

Some of these, I think, everyone will like such as the spell checker and the soon to come favorites list (sort of a bookmarks folder for your favorite authors and topics). Others, such as the VIP ranking, everyone may not like.

The biggest thing, though, is the organizational change. This was done as the page loads faster and so as to direct more attention to the literary forums.

So do you like the new changes?

148 Reviews

Reviews: 148
Wed May 04, 2005 10:30 pm
ohhewwo says...

The organization is much better.

All the other stuff I could kind of care less about, but, yeah, I don't mind 'em.
"The only difference between me and a mad man is that I am not mad."
-Salvador Dali, surrealist

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Wed May 04, 2005 10:48 pm
hekategirl says...

The new organization is really cool but one thing, you know on the top of the page it says "The Young Writers Society Forum Index" and "Rules Information and Official Polls"? well I think you should change "The Young Writers Society Forum Index" to "Lounge, etc." because its not the forum index anymore, its seperated. You know what I mean? but thats it :D
***Honorary 11-Year-Old***

Heh-COT-ee-GUR-el

Got YWS?

425 Reviews

Wed May 04, 2005 11:11 pm
Nate says...

lol, thanks for catching that hekategirl! I think what I'll do is just point it to the home page.

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Thu May 05, 2005 2:43 am
Galatea says...

I really like the new organization! I'm honoured to take this into my hands for the summer! Cheers!!
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu May 05, 2005 5:54 am
Snoink says...

It looks weird on Firefox, as if the forums are posted lower than they should be. Very confusing, if you know what I mean.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Thu May 05, 2005 11:51 am
Sam says...

I like 'em!

But isn't it Join A Usergroup?

That was bothering me...
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Thu May 05, 2005 12:25 pm
Shadow Knight says...

I don't really like it, It's not bad, but I preffered the old version.
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

425 Reviews

Thu May 05, 2005 12:47 pm
Nate says...

Snoink wrote:It looks weird on Firefox, as if the forums are posted lower than they should be. Very confusing, if you know what I mean.

What do ya mean? I'm using Firefox and notice nothing different, and also nothing changed in page layout. All that changed was splitting the forum index up into three different indexes.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 05, 2005 10:01 pm
Snoink says...

The pages are all right, but when you go to a main forum page, they're lower than they should be. It's rather hard to explain.

Say this is the menu.
Menu
Menu
Menu
Menu
Menu
Menu
Menu
Menu
Menu
------------------------------------> Forum Category

It just looks really weird.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

425 Reviews

Thu May 05, 2005 10:23 pm
Nate says...

Can you give me a snapshot of what you're talking about?

To do that, go the screen you are talking and hold down shift + prt sc. Then go to MS Paint, and click ctrl-v to paste the snapshot. Save it as a .bmp then send it to me at webmaster@youngwriterrsociety.com.

But nothing should be different than before in terms of how everything is laid out; just organized.

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Thu May 05, 2005 11:36 pm
electricbluemonkey says...

Well, the new updates and changes aren't really bad, its way less cluttered, but now its harder to find things, and can't you make it so that every time you click the logo in the top corner, it goes back to the old thing (with all of the forums), isntead of going only to the Lounge, etc. selection. It wouldn't really make a lot of difference, but it would be neater.

But the new changes are cool. I like them. Not really different than the other ones.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Fri May 06, 2005 12:56 am
Snoink says...

I'm having a hard time sending it to you via email, but I'll put the picture on the web:

http://www.thefilebin.com/userfiles/sna ... uppage.bmp

This is what it looks like on IE and Firefox at my house. This is the user group page, which looks very very weird, but the other ones are misaligned too. Also, note that it's only for forum index pages.

425 Reviews

Fri May 06, 2005 1:54 am
Nate says...

That is very strange. Is anybody else having the same problem?

I'll look into it and see what the cause of it may be; changing the width of the tables may do the trick.

Random avatar

Reviews: 333
Fri May 06, 2005 3:00 am
emotion_less says...

Yeah, I've been seeing that, too. It's better on the Literary Forums and Lounge, etc., but it's really obvious on the Usergroup section.

I was never insane except upon occasions when my heart was touched.
— Edgar Allan Poe