z

Young Writers Society

Horace the Dragon or Bartemius the Monkey?

Dragon v. Monkey

I support Horace the Dragon
52%
I support Bartemius the Monkey
48%

Total votes : 227

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:29 pm
Snoink says...

Perra wrote:Dragons pwn. Because, they're dragons. Yay Horace!

Plus, I think Barty is having some identity issues. He's a monkey? Well, he certainly looks like an ape......But there's probably a surgery for that. Horace doesn't need a surgery, meaning he's less expensive and therefore better. :)

Pwn is not a really word. Therefore, dragons do some verb/action thingy (we hope) that is not real. Which brings up the question: WHO FRIGGIN' CARES????

Thus, monkeys are better.

EDIT: This is us singing a song for the monkeys (us being Grif, me, and Sgt. Salt). So ha!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:25 pm
Perra says...

No, dragons are so amazing that they make words like 'pwn' actual words. Ever wonder how 'D'oh' and 'Trekkie' got into the Oxford Dictionary? Dragons were behind it. And because dragons support such words as pwn, all 1337s must support teh dragons!
:P

There are iconic pictures of dragons. Can you think of an iconic picture of a monkey? I can't.

Dragons win.
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:28 pm
Twit says...

Monkeys fling poo. ("I heard Tom Wolfe is speaking at Lincoln Centre!" *sign language* "Well of course we're going to throw poo at him!")

Dragons exude an aura of awe and magnificance. Monkeys scratch under their arms.

Really, there's no question about it. ^.^
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:47 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

ئ twit ئ wrote:Monkeys fling poo. ("I heard Tom Wolfe is speaking at Lincoln Centre!" *sign language* "Well of course we're going to throw poo at him!")

Dragons exude an aura of awe and magnificance. Monkeys scratch under their arms.

You nominated me for "Most like a monkey"! TT_TT

:smt022
ohmeohmy

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:00 am
Snoink says...

Sumi H. Inkblot wrote:
ئ twit ئ wrote:Monkeys fling poo. ("I heard Tom Wolfe is speaking at Lincoln Centre!" *sign language* "Well of course we're going to throw poo at him!")

Jealousy spurned her on, doubtless. ^_^

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:07 am
Twit says...

Well, if there had been a "Most Like A Pig", it would have to have been Snoink. No 'ffence, Snoinkster? :P :wink:
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:11 am
Snoink says...

ئ twit ئ wrote:Well, if there had been a "Most Like A Pig", it would have to have been Snoink. No 'ffence, Snoinkster? :P :wink:

You mean SnOINKster. :D

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:14 am
Sureal says...

Monkeys can sell digital TV.

Can dragons? I think not.
I wrote the above just for you.

280 Reviews

Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:20 am
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Snoink wrote:
Sumi H. Inkblot wrote:

Jealousy spurned her on, doubtless. ^_^

Indubitably. :P
ohmeohmy

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:10 pm
Twit says...

Jealousy? Not what I would have called it, but if it makes you happy to believe that, I shall not quash your dreams. Dragons are generous in victory. :P

#TNT

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:38 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Sureal wrote:Monkeys can sell digital TV.

Can dragons? I think not.

Evidently, monkeys cannot sell digital TV, as that particular digital service went bankrupt. Do dragons go bankrupt? *thinks of Dungeons and Dragons, LOTR, Harry Potter...*

I think not.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

280 Reviews

Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:41 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

ئ twit ئ wrote:Jealousy? Not what I would have called it, but if it makes you happy to believe that, I shall not quash your dreams. Dragons are generous in victory. :P

And that's why they eat people when people bother them. Very nice, indeed.
Have a breath mint. :roll:
ohmeohmy

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:00 pm
View Likes
Twit says...

There, you see. Monkeys are gullible and believe foolish rumours.

#TNT

280 Reviews

Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:22 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

ئ twit ئ wrote:There, you see. Monkeys are gullible and believe foolish rumours.

We prefer to call it an endearing quality. ;)
ohmeohmy

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:52 pm
Twit says...

For the Most Gullible Award, I nominate each and every monkey. And is that endearing or enduring? ^.^

#TNT

i love me some swole chickens
— yosh