42%
Pat Buchanan
1%

Total votes : 163

96 Reviews

Reviews: 96
Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:29 am
flytodreams says...

Dragons! Both because I love dragons, and because I think they'd look cooler. :D
Be yourself; everybody else is already taken.

I came, I saw, I conquered.

When you're being nice to your character, you're being bad to your book.

Random avatar

Reviews: 28
Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:44 pm
rodent says...

how bout a monkey/dragon , or a monky wrestling with a dragon or a monkey giving birth to badger .
whats brown , has a head and a tail but no limbs (or organs ) - answer in numbers a=1 b=2 ect-

10 . 5.14.14.25 if you give a poo

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:59 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

A monkey with bat wings! :bonks fist on table for emphasis: :D That would be....AWESOME!
ohmeohmy

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:45 pm
Sureal says...

Monkey makes the most sense for a number of reasons:

1) They are the most intelligent of all animals (aside from humans), and writing is usually associated with intelligence.

2) Let's face the facts - monkeys are entertaining. Writing is done to entertain - usually a reader.

3) Have you been in the randomness forum lately? 'Monkeying' around doesn't quite sum it up.

4) Get an infinte number of of monkeys bashing away at typewriters, and one of them will write the entire portfolio of Shakespeare. Writing, anyone?
I wrote the above just for you.

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:47 pm
Fand says...

I find it interesting that, from what I've seen, the majority of people voting for the dragon are newer members. I.e., members who don't know the community as well as they could. Hmmm...

And hear hear, Sureal!
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:51 pm
Esmé says...

Monkeys, monkeys, monkeys, lol! Monkeys!

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:18 pm
Aet Lindling says...

How often do you see monkeys as a large part of a story? Or kangaroos? Dragons are much more discussed in stories, and if one were to judge by design, or happen upon this site, which would draw them in more? The dragon background we have currently, (with much better graphics, I might add) or the black and white monkey background?
dun worry
it's all gun be k

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:20 pm
Nate says...

Well, it's looking very, very tight now. The Kangaroo lobby will be the king-makers it looks like.

The vote will stay open until Saturday, after which it will be closed. However, there is definitely going to be a third (and final) round of votes, which will begin about midway through next week. That vote will stay open for one week before closing.

506 Reviews

Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:33 pm
Sureal says...

AetLindling wrote:How often do you see monkeys as a large part of a story? Or kangaroos? Dragons are much more discussed in stories,

Yes, that's what we call a 'cliche' ;).

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:28 pm
Via says...

I say monkey. Monkeys are very random and fun but smart at the same time [I mean seriously, they throw poo and do sign language. Come on now]. Monkies represent us, but Dragons are just mean. I'm not mean, am I? I try not to be vicious anyway. And Kangaroos? I just don't know about kangaroos......but I know for a fact I'm not the 'hopping' or 'bouncing' type and I don't caring my baby in a flab of skin on the outer edge of the stomach.

Monkey. For sure.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:30 pm
View Likes
Bella says...

Yes, but I still stand for Dragons. I mean, whether or not there are fifty million types of writing out there, most people on here write fantasy. THat'd make a pretty good pole for this thing, what type of writing do you do most? Sorry, off topic. Also, as my friend who is sitting next to me says: Monkeys are weak. Dragons are powerful and can eat you if you mess with them (but would be great if you were trying to take over and dictate the world...sorry, off topic. :twisted: ) And Kangaroos just...jump, for lack of a better word. How about a dancing elephant? Those are cool, and can trample people while providing comical entertainment. :elephant:

VOTE FOR ELEPHANT
:elephant:
VOTE FOR ELEPHANT!!!!!

Thank you. :elephant:
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:37 pm
monki_woman says...

Yeah, I'm definitely voting for monkey, seeing that I am one. I LOVE monkeys! (Me and everyone else in middle school. Pft.) Anyway, I am new and I may not be of much help because I really don't know what the site will hold for me, but if anyone can help me figure things out, PM or e-mail me. :p
This Monki don't play-Don't mess with my puppy-She'll eat you alive-No really-She will.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:42 pm
Via says...

I must say, as a poetry mod, that poetry is particularly popular here--but so is everything else. If a dragon is picked, I hope it is not the the soul reason of "the fantasy writers hang out in the chat room". Also, the last time I checked, writers aren't well known for eating people or dictating the world. Besides, I've never heard of someone defeating a monkey in a movie or fairly tale, only dragons [hello? RAFFIKI??]. Does that make monkies...stronger than dragons? :D
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

506 Reviews

Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:48 pm
Sureal says...

Yes, but I still stand for Dragons. I mean, whether or not there are fifty million types of writing out there, most people on here write fantasy.

Not true. Fantasy Fiction has 761 topics; Other Fiction has 1092.

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:56 pm
Aet Lindling says...

Sureal wrote:
AetLindling wrote:How often do you see monkeys as a large part of a story? Or kangaroos? Dragons are much more discussed in stories,

Yes, that's what we call a 'cliche' ;).

I know, I know! :) It's just that still, monkeys are hardly ever in stories, and dragons are.
dun worry
it's all gun be k

I communicate much better on paper than I do when I open my mouth.
— Aaron Sorkin