I didn't take part
67%

Total votes : 287

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:49 am
Demeter says...

It's the first of December: for some, a day of ultimate pride, for others, never-ending shame and humiliation.

I'm just kidding, of course. But we all still really want to know: how was it? ;)
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

275 Reviews

Reviews: 275
Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:36 pm
elysian says...

hahaha, I tried. Really wanted to start my first year with a bang, but dang, it's hard! can't wait for next year <3
elysian: (adj.) beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.

formally lylas.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:26 pm
View Likes
KaiTheGreater says...

For the third year in a row: "Hey, I could probably pull it off this year. Why not give it a shot?"
Thrity days later: "Wait, it was November?!!?! Since when? I thought we were still in October! ;.;"
Formerly DragonLily and RoseAndThorn

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:36 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

My first year I didn't win, but I reached 37k and finished my draft. Won the next three years, but this year I just couldn't get it churned out. Ah, well. On the plus side, I did more writing in November than I have in recent months, so that's a win of one sort.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:58 pm
View Likes
jumpingsheep says...

I came up short with 32,015, but I'm not too disappointed. It was my first year, and this is probably the longest work I've ever done! Plus, I actually finished the story, at this point I really just need to elaborate more and add back in a plot line that I dropped early on :D
hello there

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:38 pm
View Likes
RagingLive says...

I finished! I even put in double the word count on the last few days so that I would finish before Thanksgiving!
Heaven only knows if I'll ever end up taking a second look at that draft, but I did learn a lot and it was a good habit to get into, now I feel like if I don't write some each day I'm wasting away my life! :D
'Cause your own story, is the safest place you'll ever be
~Echosmith

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:25 pm
Pompadour says...

Holla never-ending shame and humiliation~
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:06 pm
View Likes
ChiravianSkies says...

Never-ending shame, even though I did it.

I was on the last day, and decided that with 6 hours of straight writing at my normal speed, I'd get the last 20K in easy. Then there was a change of plans.
So instead of going home and writing in my homeland, I was writing on a plane.

Apparently planes can help your concentration. A lot. And so after 7 hours on two planes, I had the 20K written. But when I got off the plane and into a place with wi-fi, it was 1:00 in the morning, December 1st.

So I couldn't validate.
But I did it. XD

760 Reviews

Reviews: 760
Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:17 pm
View Likes
ExOmelas says...

I have exams now...that's a thing...

What fools these mortals be!
William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream

Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

Too often we crave the extraordinary in life, without even learning how to cherish the ordinary first. Friend, I promise you this: if you can learn to take joy in the simple mundane things in life, the extraordinary will take care of itself, it'll be on its way, hurrying towards you. But if you skip the first part, it'll ever evade you.
— Arcticus