z

Young Writers Society

Hogwarts Students and The Years We Lived with Harry Potter

Reviews: 2
Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:51 pm
ty7lucky says...

Gavin Olden Sunday morning

I awoke to find Justin by the bed I lay in.I glare in his direction. Why was he here. He looked up and began to speak, "I'm so sorry, I don't know why I did it."

"What?" I said with spite. He had no way to justify what they had done. My hand naturally came to my scarred face. The gashes were gone but slight scars showed where they once had occupied my face.

He started to speak and then stopped to start again. " I told them about your connection with you-know-who. I told them right before school started. I think I just wanted to gain their trust or something. Anyways it was mostly Zacharias and Andrew that were fueling the whole enemy idea."

I flinched when he mentioned that monster. My great grandfather was the father to Voldemort. My family hated him, he had ruined our lives. We were often judged by those who knew our secret genealogy. My great grandfather had been remarried and had one daughter before meeting his end.

That daughter was my grandma and step sister to you-know-who. This information explained why they didn't like me.

Justin started to speak again, " I don't know why I did it, I felt so guilty, and I thought if I stopped hanging out with you I would stop feeling that way."

I felt so betrayed, I turned away from him. "I trusted you with that secret... and you better tell your friends that I hate the man that helped bring you-know-who into this world. And don't say, I don't know why I did it again"

As I said these words I felt a weight go off my shoulders. I realized that I really shouldn't care what they thought of me. I had other friends. Who I was wasn't determined by my ancestors.

Justin said another almost silent, "I'm sorry" and left. I hoped that our previous friendship could get over this. I had a lot of fun the last two years but because of all that had happened recently my life had been turned upside down and I hated it. I wanted life like it used to be.

tried to get up sending pain through the million scars. I fought the pain and got out of bed. It felt good to be up. I pictured Madam Pomfrey coming in and freaking out, but I felt fine in fact I felt like going out on my broom.
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:45 am
View Likes
JustJasper says...

Rain
Just after 3:00

I followed Clara over to where Godric was yelling. I peered around Clara to see Gavin soaked in blood.
My heart dropped and the world around me slowed.

The last time I had seen that much blood was when I was attacked.

I felt so helpless. I began to hyper ventilate for a moment before my soul crushing fear turned to anger. The cold anxiety boiled into burning animosity. I could barely breathe much less think as Clara dragged me toward a group of students.

"Do you know what happened?" she asked Harry.

"Those boys preformed an advanced spell on Gavin." He sighed, "Sectum Sempra."

"Severus is speaking with them at the moment, we will see what Headmaster Dumbledore will want to do with them." Lupin spoke up.

Clara nodded and said, "I hope that they get what they deserve."

"If you wish pain on others, don't be surprised when you receive pain as well, Clara." Lupin sighed with a smile.

Clara looked at me with pain in her eyes, "You're right, Professor." she replied.

"Now, please go to your Common Rooms. You'll be informed shortly as to Gavin's condition." Lupin urged us.
He looked at me carefully and handed me some chocolate.

"Thanks professor" I whispered.
He smiled and walked away.

"I can't believe they would do this." I huffed. "Why? Why would they bully him to this extent?"

Nothing is wrong with him. If a normal kid can be nearly killed what would they do to those who associate with me?
I felt my heart drop and fear well back up within me.

"Bloody wankers, I tell ya." Ron hissed. "They just wanted to show how 'powerful' they were. Well, they aren't."

Luke joined the group and began to discuss the events. I had stopped paying attention.

So much blood. Too much blood! The only thing that kept me from breaking down was knowing the injury was not deadly.

"I think we should worry about Gavin, not Hogsmeade. I know we all wanted to go, but right now he's more important." I said to draw their attention back to the only important thing we could be talking about.

"Of course he is!" Ron said.

"We are just saying how these boys were selfish! They didn't care about Gavin, so they did that to him. And they certainly didn't care about any of us. They decided causing trouble was more fun than leaving the school for a few hours." Clara added.

I crossed my arms and took in a small breath. "I'm furious with them."

"We all are, maybe we should teach them a lesson?" Luke suggested.

I frowned. "Don't do anything stupid" I said before walking away.

Sunday morning
I sat in the library with Clara anxious about Gavin. "It's been a while. Shouldn't we know something new?" I wondered out loud.

"Be patient Rain" Clara answered. "They'll tell us when something changes"

I'm tired of waiting!

I stood up and told Clara I was going to go ask about him again. The last few times I had tried we had been sent away.

"Go ahead Rain but I'm telling you nothing has changed" Clara urged before returning to her book.

I quickly left the library and went into the bathroom. Here I could transform into an owl without being seen. I flew through the halls and toward the hospital wing. Luckily the huge doors were opened as I flew toward them. However I was not expecting to see Justin leaving. I glided in on silent wings and landed in the rafters of huge room. Gavin lay on a bed beneath me. His face was cross crossed with scars and he winced as he sat up.

Oh no was all I could think.

I remembered waking up in the hospital after the attack. I looked down at my arms to find bandages covering them. My heart had dropped as I realized what this meant. An every day after that looking at my scared body and remembering what I was. Knowing I was a monster. My mind almost couldn't take it. I had shut myself out from the world. I wanted to die. Then Cedric came and showed me that life was worth living and that he didn't care what I was. I smiled at that thought.

Gavin tried to get up. I swooped down from the rafters and landed on his bed. He stared at me in surprise for a moment.

This is where things get complicated.
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:18 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Lucius Salazar Darkflame

Sunday Morning (Technically, but not what most people would consider 'morning')

Luke knew he was safe as he walked through the library, but he couldn't help feeling uneasy. He seemingly had no control over his feet as he moved further and further down the aisles of books. Suddenly, he stopped and turned.

Luke gaped as he noticed the diary of Tom Riddle on one of the shelves. he looked both ways but the library was empty. He quickly pulled out the slim book and sat at a table.

The book seemed intact, with no sign of the damage that Harry had caused. Cautiously, he opened it, and, dipping his quill on ink, placed it on the page. Luke swallowed it was absorbed into the paper. Isn't Tom Riddle's spirit destroyed? he wondered.

Words started to appear on the page, not in the blue of the ink, but in blood red. And Luke was very disturbed by what they said when they were finished; Stay away from Harry Potter

Luke backed away and turned around, only to see the face of Voldemort right in front of him. The face hissed "Stay away from Harry potter!" and Luke screamed in terror.

----

Luke woke up, breathing heavily. He looked around him, and sighed a breath of relief when he realized that everything was okay. He was in his dorm. There was no diary. There was no Voldemort. He had just had a nightmare.

"Are you alright?" whispered a voice, and Luke turned to see Hermione standing beside him.

"What are you doing here?' he whispered back, surprised.

"We need to talk." she replied. "Get dressed and come with me, please."

----

Luke and Hermione stumbled into a room behind another painting and took off Harry's Invisibility cloak, which he had borrowed from Harry's chest, hoping that he wouldn't mind.

Hermione sat down on a low bench, facing a window from which you could see the moon and the forest below. Luke tentatively took a seat at the other end and waited, unsure why Hermione had called him here so late at night.

After a few tense minutes, she broke the silence. "I couldn't sleep." she started. "I was just thinking about how you collapsed in DADA. I was worried about you."

Touched, Luke replied, "I'm okay, Hermione. It wasn't that bad."

Hermione glanced at him. "I know, but right after you fell, my heart stopped. I thought you were dead, that you had had a heart attack or something. But most of all I thought about what I said to you last."

"It's okay, Hermione." said Luke, moving closer to her. "I understand why you did it. I was wrong."

She hugged her knees. "But you weren't, you see. I've been thinking it over, and...I do have feelings for Ron. That's my big secret."

Luke shook his head in disbelief at what he was hearing. "You mean, I was right?" he gasped. "All this time I thought I was wrong, that I'd made a huge mistake..."

"And you did." clipped Hermione, "You were hurtful, sudden, and didn't offer nearly enough information."

Luke looked down at his shoes, unable to meet her harsh gaze.

She took a deep breath before continuing, in a softer tone, "But...in the end, your reasons were right."

Luke breathed a sigh of relief. "So...I'm forgiven?"

Hermione smiled slightly. "It'll take me a while to completely forgive you...but you're like a brother to me, Luke. You confided in me, and now I've confided in you. No one knows that secret, not even Clara. We've been friends for so long and...I don't want to lose what we had."

Noticing a tear in her eye, Luke quickly put an arm around her comfortingly. "I feel exactly the same." he whispered to her.

Suddenly they heard a creak, and They leaped apart as both turned to see Clara step into the room.

"What are you doing here so late?" whispered Luke.

Looking confused, she said, "What do you mean? It's breakfast time. I've been sent to fetch you."

Hermione turned to the window. "But then why is the moon still up?" she asked.

"Oh, that's a painting, dear." said another painting of an old man nearby. "Lifelike, I know, but still very much a painting."

She groaned, obviously quite sleep deprived. "Alright, fine. Let's go."

----

Sunday Morning, After Breakfast

"Gavin Olden!" called out Professor McGonagall, calling out the list of students who were entering Hogsmeade. Gavin raised his hand.'

It's surprising that he's able to go, despite his injuries. thought Luke to himself. Madame Pomfrey's magic salve would make sure the scar faded, but for now the pale line was very much clear.

But then a more disturbing thought came to mind. If that's what happens to someone with such a distant connection to the Dark lord, what would they do to someone who shares his lineage? and he was immediately thankful that
that was not really known, since he kept his ties to Salazar Slytherin, such as his lineage, middle name and Parseltongue a close secret, and only two in the whole castle (Dumbledore and Hermione) knew it.

Then an even worse thought came to mind. And what would they do if they knew I had the mark? he wondered, wary, before managing to reassure himself. No one knows. he reminded himself. And it's going to stay that way.

"Petra Kearney, please raise your hand and turn your nose back to normal." said the Professor, still calling out names.

She blushed as she did both, but Luke took note of the fact that her hair was still bright green, a fact that Professor McGonagall had decided to ignore, but which Luke thought looked pretty cool.

"Edward Hikarigami!" she called out, and the white-black haired Ravenclaw raised his hand as well, before continuing to lean against a wall, surveying the other students. Luke's analytical skills went crazy. This kid isn't interested in any classes, he doesn't socialize, and apparently shows no emotion but indifference. Why is he here? And he resolved to keep an eye on him.

Continuing through the list, the Professor called out, "Luke Darkflame!" Luke winced at hearing his last name out loud, but raised his hand. The Professor then rolled up the scroll and opened the gate.

----

On the path to Hogsmeade, luke found himself next to Clara. After a few seconds of silence, she asked,"So, what happened this morning? Between you and Hermione."

Luke shrugged. "Not much. We were just talking things over, about what's gone on between us."

Clara nodded and, looked at the ground. The conversation soon changed, and they talked mostly about their friends' parties, the upcoming quidditch match etc.

But as they were talking, Luke suddenly noticed that she smelt like Jasmine flowers. That's new he noted. Did she change her shampoo? Is it a perfume? It's nice. And he sniffed a little more. Wait, since when do I notice-or think about-how Clara smells?

"What are you sniffing at?" asked Clara, and he blushed , pushing it to the back of his mind. "Um...nothing. Just thought I smelt something weird." and quickly made an attempt to distract from himself. "Let's hurry up, Hermione and Ron are up ahead." and walked forward quickly.
Last edited by LordZeus on Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:35 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Clara Black

Sunday Noon, After Breakfast

We were all gathered at the front of the school, waiting for all the students to get here so we could leave to Hogsmeade. I spotted Harry waiting at the entrance towards the Great Hall, watching us leaving. I smiled over at him and walked up.

"It really sucks that you can't go." I said.

"Yeah," He ran his hand through his hair, "It sucks that I live with the Dursleys'. Thank you for your sympathy, Clara." He smiled back.

I swallowed hard and walked back over to my spot, cause he had to leave so McGonnagall wouldn't throw a fit that he wasn't in the school.

I couldn't help but think back to Hermione and Luke this morning. Were they getting back together? What were they talking about? Why did my whole body hurt just thinking about them being near each other?

And just like the world hated me, Luke walked up to me and started chatting. All my thoughts disappeared as I listened to every words he spoke. As we spoke about Quidditch, I noticed he was sniffing in the air. I rose an eyebrow at him.

"What are you sniffing at?" I had asked, and he blushed.

"Um...nothing. Just thought I smelt something weird." He looked away from me, crossing his arms over his chest. "Let's hurry up, Harry, Hermione, and Ron are up ahead." and he walked forward quickly.

I held back a laugh as I pulled my coat sleeves over my hands, trying to hide my body from the cold wind. It wasn't too chilly today, but you could tell winter was creeping up. I followed behind Luke.

"Harry isn't here, you know that, right?" I asked.

He stopped just in front of me, letting me catch up. Once I did, he nodded. "Of course I do."

"Alright," I smirked, letting my heart race.

"Wanna walk with 'Mione and Ronald?" I said.

He nodded again as his hair swayed with the wind. The both of us walked up to them, breaking into the middle of their conversation about Harry. If he wasn't there, they were always talking about him, how worried they are, how unfair he gets it. Which is true and understandable. I worried about The Boy Who Lived everyday.

"Aye guys!" I smiled at them.

I was standing on Hermione's left and Luke was on Ron's right. The leaves crunched under our feet as we followed behind the rest of our class.

"Hi Clara," Hermione smiled.

"Clara! Do you wanna help us grab some sweets for Harry from Hogsmeade? We just don't have enough pocket space!" Ron laughed.

"Of course I can,"

All of our cheeks were extremely pink from the cold which just kept on getting cooler. I looked around the group of students we had and spotted Godric holding Medora's hand, Robert at their side. They were laughing with each other. But where was Rain?

"Have any of you seen Rain?" I asked as we walked.

Hermione shook her head, "Not since yesterday."

Ron shook his head as well, going back to his conversation with Luke. I couldn't help but stare for just a little bit at Luke; his smile was an addiction. I was so enticed that, my foot got caught under a branch, causing me to lose my balance. Before I could hit the ground, I caught myself and straightened up, smiling at Hermione to show her I was okay.

"Clara, watch where you're going." Hermione tried to stifle a laugh.

I smiled at her, "You'd rather see me fall, Granger."

She shook her head and I joined her again, talking about Butter Beer.

Spoiler! :
Last edited by Nike on Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:37 am
View Likes
Remington38 says...

"Medora Elingston" I can't help but give a little bounce when I raise my hand. I have a pocket full of money in my sweater pocket and I am bouncing. Godric is holding my hand and I swing it around a bit like a child. My lips are dry and chapped from the cold air.
"So where should we go?" Asks Robert and I immediately start punching up and down.
"Oooooooh oh!!! We have to stop at Honeydukes." I squeal a little.
"So, does everyone get it wrong? Is it really the quickest way to a woman's heart is through her stomach?" Robert asks.
"Forget food, I think it's just sweets in general." I grin. Robert looks at me smiling and I continue "And maybe the shrieking shack.?" I suggested. Neither of them seem as interested and Godric turns to me. He wraps his arms around my waist from behind me and sets his chin on my shoulder. It makes me giggle a little cause I am really ticklish.
"We can get some candy first and all chill with some butter beers in the back by ourselves." Godric say calmly and I nod my head, agreeing to this idea. We decide on it and all head to honeydukes.

I may or may not have bought mostly chocolate while we were in Honeydukes while Robert and Godric got some more exotic candy. We all make a giant pile in the back of the pub in a booth my ourselves with the butter beer and messing around with the candy. Robert was throwing pieces of candy in the air and catching it with his mouth. I applaud every time and Godric was munching on a piece of Droobie Bubble gum, sending blue bubbles around our table. I try to pop them without getting the sticky blue substance all over me. We talked for hours joking around, and I being the dork I am brought a book with me to read while Godric and Robert played some games. I start dozing off and am barely awake when I hear Draco's sneering voice talking to Robert and Godric.
"She makes you think she's such an angle doesn't she. Once she get what's she want she will up and leave you too." His voice is dripping with venom.
"Shut it Draco." Says Robert and I can feel Godric shift underneath me slightly.
"I can't believe your falling for her pretty face. She is broken and she manipulates everyone so they are broken like her. All of those "insecurities" of hers are just so she can hear people tell her how amazing she is."
"I say shut up Draco!" I feel Robert stand up and Draco continues faster getting the last of what he has to say in before Robert looses it. I can feel Godrics fist clenching but he is careful not to wake me, my brain and body are still foggy.
"Look at even what she is reading! It's all an act, the muggle books, the tutoring, you should have heard her around her and my father raging about how she hates anything to do with muggles. How they should know their rightful place." He spits out the last Debra very and walks away. Oath of them are dead silent and the fogginess was finally starting to lift. I as able to make a strang e sound and lift my heavy eyelids. I lift my head up and see Godric smiling with Robert like nothing ever happened.
Proud Reader of Banned Books

Answer to life, the universe, and everything: 42

Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.
Cesar Cruiz

Pluviophile- a lover of rain; someone who finds joy/peace of mind on rainy days.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:17 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Robert Griffiths

Hogsmeade, Saturday

Draco Malfoy left the scene, spinning on his heel importantly like some pompous lord. Though they were still a little annoyed, Robert and Godric made a silent agreement to keep things light to cheer up Medora.

Robert made a sound reminiscent of a laugh and a sigh.
''Good God, he needs to get a life. If he has nothing better to do than go on petty vendettas, I almost feel sorry for him. Almost.''

Godric had a brainwave. ''I thought I saw a bookshop somewhere down the street. Why don't we go there next?''

Medora's once sleepy face lit up with excitement. ''Yes! We have to go there! I hear Hogsmeade bookshops have practically everything.''

After they paid for the Butterbeer, she practically pulled them out, and sort of skipped like a young deer on the way there. Even though a few people were watching.
It was beautiful how once she had some close friends to give her the confidence she needed, she could do as she wished without caring much of what others might think.
Robert secretly wished he could be that way too.

Medora got to the door first, which was tall and green, with a sign that said 'Tomes and Scrolls.' She opened it, and a bell chimed. Robert and Godric followed her in to see rows upon rows of bookshelves that covered the curved walls, and even the ceiling, where nothing but magic kept them from falling on people's heads.
You could reach them with thin silver ladders that sprung up from the floor.

Medora was already flitting about, deciding which shelf she would scour first.
Godric stood near, looking around. This place was an Aladdin's Cave for a Ravenclaw, and he wasn't sure where to start either.

Robert knew what he wanted. He went up to the shopkeeper, who was a short old man with a short white beard and a bright green vest.
''Could you tell me where to find books on magical injuries and afflictions?''
The shopkeep smiled smugly, as if he had been waiting for someone to ask this.
''We have a whole section on the subject of healing magic now! A small one, but a good one nonetheless. This shelf, up here.'' He pointed at one of the shelves on the ceiling. ''Just take this ladder.'' There was no ladder there before, but once he had said it, one appeared out of thin air.
He smiled smugly again, as if he loved showing people this trick.

Robert blinked at the ladder cautiously. ''Will it hold? it doesn't look very sturdy.''
Observing the thin silver rungs, he imagined the irony of getting hurt falling off a ladder to look at some books on healing magic. But he was assured it would hold, so he climbed it.
After a short while he came down with copies of The Healer's Helpmate, Curses and Counter-Curses, and St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries- A History.

He walked over to Medora and Godric, who were showing each other some of their finds. ''I can only get two of these right now. Anyone want to help me pick?'' he asked them.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

267 Reviews

Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:25 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Godric Lovegood

Sunday Afternoon - Hogsmeade

I was with Medora and Robert at a bookshop, and Robert's face has never lit up as much as it did once we walked through the door.

Draco had the nerve to even speak to Medora. I'm grateful that Robert had been there with us... he could talk the snake down. I would've put in my two cents, but I wanted to comfort Medora. Just thinking about Malfoy made my skin crawl.

''I can only get two of these right now. Anyone want to help me pick?''

Medora and I were by the bookcase with books covering cures for any illness or affliction. I had grabbed a book on herbology, plants that could cure anything you have. Robert had been on a thin ladder, searching the top shelves for hidden finds. He had a few books in his arms and he showed us each one.

The Healer's Helpmate, Curses and Counter-Curses, and St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries- A History

I swallowed hard and smiled up at him.

"Curses and Counter-Curses and St Mungo's looks good." I suggested.

He smiled back and nodded. "Agreed,"

"You really like to know everything, don't you?" Medora giggled, and not in a demeaning way, more of in awe. "I could see Ravenclaw in you. I'm impressed."

His cheeks went a soft pink as he stepped back onto the ladder to put the other book back. I looked back at Medora and smiled down at her. She was holding the books he was getting plus a few of her own.

"Would you like to go on a date with me to the Quidditch game on Monday?" I asked.

Looking back up at me, her cheeks grew pink. "Gladly."

"After you lot are down oogling each other out, I suggest we go to The Shrieking Shack now?" Robert interrupted us.

I jumped, letting out a chuckle. "Yes, please. I want to see if this house is really haunted. It's funny, we have magic and yet ghosts are still wary to us." We started to walk towards the register of the shop, walking through bookcases. "I mean, sure, we have the Hogwarts ghosts, but, being haunted is odd. Isn't that peculiar?"

Medora giggled from next to me and eyed Robert as he held back a smile.

"Have you hit your head, Ric?" Robert asked.

Spoiler! :
Don't know what to write, but here's this. I love this trio, they remind me of The Golden Trio! @SirenCymbaline @Remington38
Last edited by Nike on Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

11 Reviews

Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:18 pm
View Likes
JustJasper says...

Rain

Saturday morning

I woke up in my four-poster bed in Ravenclaw tower. My warm blankets covered me in a cocoon of comfort and heat. I snuggled into my pillow and enjoyed the silence for a few more minutes. The dorm was silent as the other students slept soundly.
Slowly I sat up and felt the sting of cold on my bare arms.
Hurriedly I opened my trunk and wrapped a blanket around my arms. I was fully awake now and there was no way I could go back to sleep. Reluctantly I decided to get dressed.
I pulled out a green t-shirt with a tree on it and jeans. After changing I pulled on the blue hoodie I had bought with Cedric a year ago. It used to fit me snugly before the summer but now it hung off my body like it had been replaced with a larger size.
I pulled my hair up into a ponytail and charmed my hoodie pocket to be able to fit all my stuff. Then I filled the pocket with books, school supplies, and money. Once I finished my packing I looked myself over in the mirror. A new scar had cut its way over the side of my neck from my last transformation. Frowning I covered it with a scarf and walked down to the common room.
It was too early for anyone but me to be awake. I opened a window and shivered a little as the cold cut through my layers. The sun was rising in the distance. The wind seemed to call to me, I closed my eyes and leaned into the breeze. I shoved my wand into my pocket and jumped out the window. Wind wiped my hair away from my neck and adrenaline filled me. I quickly turned into an owl and opened my wings. The cold flowed past my feathers now as I glided on silent wings down to breakfast.
I snatched a pastry out of the kitchen and flew into the forbidden forest to enjoy it. When I was sure I was alone I changed back and sat in a tree. The pumpkin cake tasted incredible in my mouth. It was the first thing I had eaten since breakfast yesterday due to always checking on the hospital wing. Gavin seemed fine now so I didn't have much of a reason to worry unless something happened again.
My friends would be waking up soon and heading to Hogsmead. I thought about my permission slip that my father refused to sign.
"You're a werewolf! You shouldn't endanger your class mates"
I sighed and changed back to an owl.

I could always fly to Hogsmead.

I decided to wait until everyone left to follow them into the village.
In the time until then I would read.
I fluttered into the sky and beat my way up above the clouds. Today I felt free.
I glided over to the castle and landed on the roof. The flat portion above the great hall was the perfect place to relax. I returned to human form just before landing and dropped to the roof.
I sat with my back against the slanted roof.
"Accio Charms book" I said flicking my wand. I caught the book and opened it to where I left off.

Saturday around noon

I stood up from the small pile of books I had finished and sent them floating into my pocket. Taking a look around once more I changed and flew toward the village. Getting there was easy landing was much more difficult. I tried to find a place without very many people but it wasn't working very well. I perched on top of the entrance at a book shop and looked around. Now the only people in the street were Clara, Luke, Ron, and Hermione.
I preened my feathers for a moment trying to look natural and not like a stalker. Unfortunately that is when a hissing cat attacked me. It sunk its claws into me and startled me into my human form. I tumbled to the ground right my limbs in a tangle. I quickly sat up and shook off a very irritated cat. Hoping nobody saw that I turned my head to see a very startled group. I had nearly landed right on top of Luke, however the others looked more startled than he did. Blushing I stood up wincing at a pain in my ankle. The others stared at me until Clara finally asked if I was okay.
"I'm fine I just twisted my ankle" I said pulling out my wand.
Luckily I had just read about healing spells and performing one was easy enough.
To my dismay this didn't make any of them less surprised.
"What just happened?" Ron asked.
"I...um.. fell off the roof" I answered.
I wanted to explode! Anything would have been better than this.

What if they hate me now?

"So what are you guys up to?" I asked casually.
"Have you been in quality quidditch supplies yet?"
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.

-Greg Bear

267 Reviews

Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:33 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Clara Black

Sunday Afternoon

"Seriously, you should try root beer, I can admit... it is not as good as butter beer, but it's an American Muggle's first love!" I smiled at Ron.

"Maybe, I cannot promise you... I'm not one that goes to the Muggles' all too... Bloody Hell!!" Ron suddenly jumped to the side as we were making our way to the book shop.

Luke pulled me away as I heard a loud thump, as if someone or something fell down from the roof to the ground. I turned to the left and saw Rain gather herself up from the ground, wiping snow off her coat.

My heart jumped to my throat as I clung onto Luke's arm unknowingly. "Rain, are you alright?"

"I'm fine I just twisted my ankle" She said pulling out her wand.

She cast a spell on her ankle, curing it of any pain. Putting it back into her hoodie pocket, she stood up straight, balancing her weight on each leg, I suppose checking if she cast it correctly.

"What just happened?" Ron asked.

"I...um.. fell off the roof" She answered.

After a beat, an awkward tension set in. I pulled away from Luke as walked over to Rain.

"So what are you guys up to?" She asked casually. "Have you been in quality quidditch supplies yet?"

I smiled at her, looking back at the rest of our group. Hermione was looking at her sympathetically now and Ron had his jaw still dropped. Luke on the other hand, I had caught him glancing at me. I could feel my cheeks growing pink. I looked back at Rain and took her hand in mine.

"Headed there right now, join us." I said.

Her fingers were cold as they wrapped around mine. We started walking again, bringing up the new student Hermione saw just this morning. There have been rumors that the new student is Cedric Diggory's sister or something.

Luke was next to me as we walked and I couldn't help but look at him every so often. What was up with me? My hands started to clam up, so I pulled mine away from Rains. She didn't need a sweaty hand to hold. My heart raced as I slid them into my pockets, letting them warm up in my coat.

"Should we get something for Hagrid? Malfoy has been really rough on his in class... he deserves some cheering up?" Ron suggested.

I smiled, "Yeah, we should!"

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:08 am
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Lucius Salazar Darkflame

Sunday Afternoon

Luke and the others strolled around Honeydukes sweet shop, considering different purchases. He was next to Rain and Clara, browsing the chocolate aisle, Luke debating with himself whether to buy a few to add to his card collection.

They were talking about Quidditch. "Your game against Hufflepuff is on Friday, right?" She asked.

"Yup." Replied Luke. "And hopefully we'll win. This is Oliver's last year, you know, we hope to win the cup this year to send him off on a happy note."

Rain nodded. "Well, I hope you'll forgive me when I root for Ravenclaw when that game comes up."

Luke chuckled. "Sure, but I hope you'll forgive me when knock them out of the field."

"Park." Corrected Clara.

Luke looked at her quizzically. "No, Quidditch is played in a field."

"Yes, but the expression is...Oh, forget it."

Luke smiled. "You and your muggle expressions. They make no sense, you know."

"Yet you still copy them!" said Hermione with a smile, coming around the corner.

"Desperate times call for desperate measures." replied Luke, and the two friends laughed.

"Hey, should we check out Zonko's next?" asked Luke.

"Oh, I haven't found a gift for Hagrid yet." said Hermione.

"Neither have I." added Ron. "What did you get him?"

"It's a surprise." said Luke. He had gotten him a dragon statuette made entirely of chocolate. "Well if you're going to be here longer, I think I'll go get myself another butterbeer. Want to come, Rain and Clara?"

Rain smiled mischievously at Clara, mouthing something. "I think I'll stay here and meet you guys at Zonko's later."

Why does she look so cheeky? thought Luke, but pushed that to the back of his head. "Alright then. Clara, how about you?"

She reddened. "Sure." she muttered, turning her face away from the others, as if she didn't want them to see her.

She's cute when she blushes. came a thought from out of the blue, but Luke suppressed it, refusing to make things awkward. It's just a butterbeer with a friend. He told himself definitively. Yet he couldn't completely make himself forget how he had held his arm when Rain had fallen off the roof, and how she had looked at him then...but he kept those thoughts away for another time.

----

Luke sat at a small table in the Three Broomsticks, next to Clara. They were served butterbeers, and Luke took two galleons from his pocket and payed.

"Oh no, you didn't have do that. I could've payed for myself." said Clara.

"Please," said Luke. "My parents give me tons of money every week. Might as well spend it."

She nodded, looking at the table, and Luke turned to her, concerned. "You've been kinda nervous recently." he said. "Is something bothering you?"

She turned to look at Luke and took a deep breath. "Well, there's something I've been meaning to tell you for a long time. I l-"

Suddenly, someone called, "Hey, Luke!" from across the room, and Clara stopped.

They turned to see Gavin coming across the room, butter beer in hand. "Can I sit with you?" He called out. "All the other tables are taken."

"Sure." Replied Luke with a grin. As he made his way towards them, Luke turned back to Clara. "Sorry, you were saying something?"

"Nevermind." She muttered.

"Are you sure, it still sounded like you were saying something bi-"

"It's nothing." She replied quickly, cutting him off.

Luke wasn't so sure she was telling the truth, but he quickly changed the topic when Gavin arrived and sat down.

"So, how are things?" Asked Luke.

"Not too good." said Gavin with a frown. "My old friends have all turned against me, and now that they've spread the news about my ancestor, most people in my house won't touch me with a ten foot pole."

Luke nodded. "Well, I understand that feeling. I'm no stranger to being not accepted by your House."

"What are you talking about? Your House loves you! You're their top chaser!" Replied Gavin, incredulous.

"Didn't always be that way, Gavin." Replied Luke with a slight smile. "Back when I first joined up, everyone in Gryffindor avoided me like the plague. They all knew my pure blood supremacist, very Slytherin heritage. There was a hardly a day when multiple people didn't tell me to kill myself. Heck, even Clara here stayed away for the most part, though she was one of the few people who talked to me."

Gavin's eyes widened. "So how did you get from there to here?"

"I joined Quidditch." said Luke. "I had always been good with a broom, so I though I could make the team. And I did. I and Harry were the two new trainees together, and we got to talking often, and soon became friends. And being friends with the Boy Who Lived quickly made people be a bit less harsh to me. And when I started scoring big in Quidditch, people quickly started to realize that I was just as much a Gryffindor as they were. And gradually, they accepted me. There are still some people which hate me for where I come from, but most now see me as who I am."

Clara smiled. "That's deep, Luke."

Gavin nodded. "Yeah. Maybe if I do well in the Quidditch match, people might treat me better!"

Luke chuckled. "Hopefully. In any case, no matter how bad things get here, your family will still accept you, I'm sure. That's more than I can say for myself!"

Gavin and Clara nodded, both knowing what he meant.

Then Gavin asked, "Hey Luke, I've always been meaning to ask you, how did you turn out like this? I mean, you come a pure blood supremacist line and all. How are you so...different from them?

"Well..." said Luke thoughtfully. "If you keep this between us..."

Gavin and Clara looked at each other and then nodded at Luke.

Luke took a deep breath. "Well, to start off with, you know how Draco and I are related?"

Clara nodded. "Yeah, but many pureblood families are related."

Luke took another breath and said, "Well, it's actually a lot closer than I make people think. My mother's maiden name is Malfoy. She and Draco's father are siblings.

Both Gavin and Clara's jaw dropped.

"But...they look nothing alike!" said Clara.

Luke replied, "My mother inherited their mother's looks while Lucius inherited their father's. In any case, when Voldemort was defeated, I was three years old. My parents were sent to Azkaban for five years and I was sent to live with the Malfoys, as Draco's mother hadn't been sent to Azkaban for long, and they had plenty of servants. I grew up there until I was eight, along with Draco. His mother doted on him of course. She was nice to me too, but she was much more distant to me. I was alone most of the time."

Luke frowned at the memory, and Clara put a hand on his shoulder comfortingly. Luke gave her a thankful smile, took a breath and continued, "She brought Draco up with her views. Lucius was released after two years, and the both of them focused on Draco, making sure he believed that they believed. They didn't press their views on me though, I think they kinda just assumed I'd develop them naturally. But the more they spoke about muggles, the more curious I got. So one day, I sneaked out to a nearby playground where a few muggles taught me football.I played with them more and more, and gradually i realized that they weren't much different from us. When my parents were released, I was eight. They tried to force their views on me then, but I had already realized the truth about muggles. I pretended for them, to appease them, but I never changed. And now, here we are. Honestly, I feel sorry for the other kids who grew up in pureblood families, as they had all those biases forced on them, they didn't have the chance I did."

Clara smiled at him and said, "And we're all happy you are who you are now. I...I mean we, like this Luke."

Luke smiled. "Thanks."

Suddenly, someone said, "Luke, Clara, come see this!"

Both turned to see Hermione at the doorway, beckoning them. "You won't believe what's happened!"

"Well, see you later, Gavin!" said Luke, patting him on the back and getting up. "And be ready for friday's match! I won't be holding anything back!"

"Neither will I!" said Gavin with a grin before Luke and Clara followed Hermione out.

Reviews: 2
Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:01 pm
View Likes
ty7lucky says...

Gavin Olden , Sunday morning hospital wing

An owl flew into the room carrying a wand, I wondered if it was a trick wand or something on those lines. I tried to grab at it but the owl zoomed out. I disregarded this and decided to follow up my initial idea to go to the quidditch pitch.

I walked to the common room to find no one there. I realized they must be at breakfast. I checked the notifications board to see a trip to hogsmeade was planned for today, the first one yet. I couldn't wait.

I entered my dormitory and grabbed my broom a Nimbus 2000. My parents had bought it for me for Christmas. I ran my hand down the slick wood it was reassuring to know the Quidditch match was this next friday. I had been looking forward for a long time and felt my team could beat Gryffindor. I smiled to myself and pulled on a pair of jeans and a t shirt. It was a picture of the Beatles. My muggle uncle gave it to me last year.

I made my way to the field and got onto my broom. I went through some drills but eventually gave up and resorted to doing tricks. It felt so nice to be in the air again, even though I had been on my broom earlier that week it felt like forever. I looked at my watch to see that the trip to hogsmeade was in half an hour. I did another backwards somersault before going in.

I walked through the doors and an accusatory shout told me I should be back in bed. Madame Pomfrey scolded me for not telling her but decided I was feeling good enough to go to hogsmeade.

I ran to the dormitories once more but to find them packed. I dropped my broom on my bed and pulled out a bag of galleons sickles and knuts. After this I went back outside, I couldn't wait to go. I had heard many good things about Hogsmeade.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I entered the Three Broomsticks to find it packed with students that had already arrived. I looked around for a second noticing Clara and Luke. I walked over. "Hey can I sit her-" I saw that they were talking. "All the other tables are taken."

I felt like an idiot. I could tell something important was about to be said. Luke grinned, "Sure". I sat and Luke returned his attention to Clara, "Sorry, you were saying something?"

"Nevermind." Clara muttered. I could tell what she was going to say. I had figured out a little while ago that she liked him.

"Are you sure, it still sounded like you were saying something bi-"

Clara cut him off, "It's nothing."

Luke turned to me, "So, how are things?"

"Not too good." I said bitterly," My friends hate me, and now they've spread the news about my great great grandpa, most people in my house won't touch me with a ten foot pole."

Luke began, "Well, I understand that feeling. I'm no stranger to being not accepted by your house."

I spoke "What are you talking about? Your House loves you! You're one of their top chasers!"

"Didn't always be that way, Gavin." Replied Luke with a slight smile. "Back when I first joined up, everyone in Gryffindor avoided me like the plague. They all knew my pure blood supremacist, very Slytherin heritage. There was a hardly a day when multiple people didn't tell me to kill myself. Heck, even Clara here stayed away for the most part, though she was one of the few people who talked to me."

I remembered that the first match I had done against Gryffindor they would hardly ever pass to him even if he was wide open. "So how did you get from there to here?"

"I joined Quidditch." said Luke. "I had always been good with a broom, so I though I could make the team. And I did. I and Harry were the two new trainees together, and we got to talking often, and soon became friends. And being friends with the Boy Who Lived quickly made people be a bit less harsh to me. And when I started scoring big in Quidditch, people quickly started to realize that I was just as much a Gryffindor as they were. And gradually, they accepted me. There are still some people which hate me for where I come from, but most now see me as who I am."

Clara smiled. "That's deep, Luke."

Gavin nodded. "Yeah. Maybe if I do well in the Quidditch match, people might treat me better!"

Luke chuckled. "Hopefully. In any case, no matter how bad things get here, your family will still accept you, I'm sure. That's more than I can say for myself!"

Clara and I nodded.

I decided to ask, "Hey Luke, I've always been meaning to ask you, how did you turn out like this? I mean, you come a pure blood supremacist line and all. How are you so...different from them?"

"Well..." said Luke thoughtfully. "If you keep this between us..."

Clara and I looked at each other and then nodded at Luke.

Luke took a deep breath. "Well, to start off with, you know how Draco and I are related?"

Clara nodded. "Yeah, but many pureblood families are related."

Luke took another breath and said, "Well, it's actually a lot closer than I make people think. My mother's maiden name is Malfoy. She and Draco's father are siblings.

Clara's jaw dropped.

"But...you look nothing alike!" said Clara.

Luke replied, "My mother inherited their mother's looks while Lucius inherited their father's. In any case, when Voldemort was defeated, I was three years old. My parents were sent to Azkaban for five years and I was sent to live with the Malfoys, as Draco's mother hadn't been sent to Azkaban for long, and they had plenty of servants. I grew up there until I was eight, along with Draco. His mother doted on him of course. She was nice to me too, but she was much more distant to me. I was alone most of the time."

Luke frowned at the memory, and Clara put a hand on his shoulder comfortingly. Luke gave her a thankful smile, took a breath and continued, "She brought Draco up with her views. Lucius was released after two years, and the both of them focused on Draco, making sure he believed that they believed. They didn't press their views on me though, I think they kinda just assumed I'd develop them naturally. But the more they spoke about muggles, the more curious I got. So one day, I sneaked out to a nearby playground where a few muggles taught me football.I played with them more and more, and gradually i realized that they weren't much different from us. When my parents were released, I was eight. They tried to force their views on me then, but I had already realized the truth about muggles. I pretended for them, to appease them, but I never changed. And now, here we are. Honestly, I feel sorry for the other kids who grew up in pureblood families, as they had all those biases forced on them, they didn't have the chance I did."

Clara smiled at him and said, "And we're all happy you are who you are now. I...I mean we, like this Luke."

Luke smiled. "Thanks."

Suddenly, someone said, "Luke, Clara, come see this!"

Both turned to see Hermione at the doorway, beckoning them. "You won't believe what's happened!"

"Well, see you later, Gavin!" said Luke, patting me on the back and getting up. "And be ready for friday's match! I won't be holding anything back!"

"Neither will I!" i said confident in my ability to beat Gryffindor.

Once they had left I saw Justin at a table with the rest of the Hufflepuff guys. He beckoned me over. I was hesitant but finally decided to walk over there. I took a seat. Most of them sat with their heads down.

I understood why they had done it, and I knew it wasn't just because of my lineage. Sometimes when everyone saw you as a goody two shoes and some helpless thing you just needed to prove that you could be bad and strong. I had even done it last year.

Zacarias spoke, "We are all really sorry. We just-"

"I forgive you all"

Several of them looked up surprised, "But we were such jerks."

"I never said I don't think your jerks, but I would rather be your friend again than resent you all for the rest of our lives."

Zacarias beamed, "Really?"

"Yes. Just one thing, who's ready to kick Gryffindor butt Friday?"
Last edited by ty7lucky on Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

267 Reviews

Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:54 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Clara Black

Gavin had joined us at the Three Broomsticks. And to my luck he did, I don't think I was ready to tell Luke yet that I had feelings for him. Once Gavin joined us, he gave me a side glance and I knew that he knew.

We spoke about Quidditch, and how Luke had to adapt to Gryffindor to actually feel like a part of it. And then came the part that I didn't know that I wanted to know. His history. Luke's history. He told us about how he was related to Draco, and how his family treated him. How his parents, once they were released, wanting him to follow The Dark Lord, but he wouldn't obey. Because he'd learned that not all muggles are terrible people.

Hermione had startled us and we jumped right up, saying 'Goodbye' to Gavin. He was a real sweetheart, and I'm sure we'd catch up with him later.

Someday I might tell Luke that I liked him... just not now. It's not serious, I'm sure it'll pass. I cannot like Hermione's ex.

"Now, what was it that you wanted to show us?" I asked her as we stepped outside, letting the cool air hit my face.

It was the middle of the night when I woke up, sweat falling off me. I sat up in my bed, trying to be as quiet as I could. There was a strange sound coming from downstairs, the Common Room. Like an owl was flying around.

I looked around the room, seeing each girl sleeping away their worries. Some of them had their curtains pulled around the bed, that some was Ginny. I glanced over at Mione, who was fast asleep on my left since I was against the window. Crookshanks was snuggled at the end of her bed, purring away.

Swallowing hard, I pulled away my covers and got out of bed, my feet surprised by the cool floorboards. I slipped on my slippers and made my way out of the room, quietly but swiftly.

I shut the door behind me without a sound and stopped just at the railing noticing a small white owl sitting at the large window just before the fireplace. It looked up at me with sincere eyes. It's like it was someone I knew, the pull to it was extreme. I took a deep breathe, letting my heart rate slow down.

I took the stairs down and approached the owl, hearing the fire crackle just before me. I reached out to touch the owl, but before I could even lift a finger, it flew off the fireplace and started to transform in the air, Rain's figure appeared before me.

My heart stopped as I smiled at her.

"Rain," I said.

"Hey Clara," She had bags under her eyes and she looked a lot thinner.

11 Reviews

Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:29 am
View Likes
JustJasper says...

Rain

Some ridiculous hour of the night

I lay curled up in a tight ball in my bed. The other students sat up talking but I just wanted to let my sleepy eyes close. I pulled the blankets up around me and let my droopy eyes flutter closed.

Big mistake.

I was in the forbidden forest. The tall trees kept it dark even on the brightest of days. I looked around searching for a way out of the thick trees. That's when I saw the blood. It was in a pool at my feet. I looked down to find my arms covered in the thick red substance. I frowned and checked for a wound, my breathe caught in my throat when I realized it wasn't my blood. My heart pounded as I turned around. A scream escaped my mouth. It was Clara. She lay on her back with a wound that could only have come from a werewolf on her neck. Luke and Hermione stood around her sobbing, my cry made them look up.
"You monster!" Luke screamed his voice breaking.
I fell on my knees willing myself not to believe my eyes.
"Please no, no, NO" I sputtered.
"You deserve to die" Hermione said evenly anger spilling from her voice.
I believed her. All I wanted was to die, maybe that would pay for what I am. I sobbed and reached for Clara but Luke cursed me. I saw the word monster appear all over my body. I felt the word burn into my skin like a brand.
I looked at the inky scars that spread across my skin faster than light and felt like I had been punched in the face.
"Clara Clara Clara Clara Clara Clara Clara Clara"
I could only scream out her name. Tears dripped like rain down my face and I wished I could drown in them.
One by one everyone I had ever known came to stand before me.
My beautiful little sister crouched in front of me and lifted my chin with her hand. I smiled a little thinking at least she was okay.
"Monster" she whispered with a poisonous expression on her precious face.

I awoke breathing wildly and struggling to free myself from my sheets. I clambered to my feet in a frenzy and threw on whatever clothing I could find. Blind with fear I jumped out the window and flew to the Gryfindoor common room before I could even register what I was doing.
Icy fear flooded my veins chilling me more than any frigid wind ever could. I flew over to the fireplace in an attempt to warm myself.
A noise from behind me startled me back into human form.

It was Clara

"Hey Clara" I chocked out.

"Rain are you okay?" She asked.

I shook my head and collapsed into a heap on the floor letting sobs wrack my numb body. I felt hysterical and I could barely breathe. Gasping I felt Clara's arms around me, holding me tight. I clung to her and stared into her eyes to make sure it was really her. To make sure she was okay.
"I'm sorry I'm so sorry" I muttered uselessly. Of course she had no idea what I was talking about.
"I'm a monster!"

-Greg Bear

267 Reviews

Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:20 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Clara Black

I was hugging Rain as she sobbed in my lap. apologizing anytime she took a breath. I patted her hair, trying to relax her... I was just as confused as you were. Why was she apologizing? What was going on?

Taking a glance about the Common Room, I made sure no one had woken up. It was dark, other than the light coming from the flames in the fireplace which someone forgot to put out. Rains' body trembled in my arms as her cries turned to whimpers. I took in a deep breath and let her sit up.

We were on the floor, sitting on the cold wood. It was how she fell on me and that's where we stayed. I took a look at her, her eyes rimmed red.

"Rain, why are you sorry? What had happened?" I asked softly, making sure my voice was low to not wake anyone.

She took in a breath, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand. "It was just a nightmare... but it felt so real Clara." Her voice started to get high pitched as she sniffled. "I'm a monster. You cannot be friends with me, no one can. I'm a bomb ready to explode and I won't know what I did because and I'll regret it and I'll live my life in pain. I don't want to hurt you!" She rambled, not able to meet my eyes.

My heart broke at her words as I felt a tear trickle down my cheek. I reached out to her, placing my hand on her lap. She looked at me, sniffling again. "Rain, you're not a monster. You won't hurt anyone you love deeply, trust me." I smiled, "Look at Lupin, he's good. You can be like him."

"I don't want to be like him!" She flinched and I pulled my hand away. "I don't want to be like me! I want to die!" She breathed, her voice dripped with anger. "I don't want to be this monster! I didn't ask for this!"

I noticed her frail body, the bags under her eyes, and the scratches on her body. She wasn't handling being a werewolf, it was ruining her. Not only physically, but mentally as well. I swallowed hard and thought about hugging her, but knew better. I didn't know if she wanted to be touched.

"Being a werewolf isn't a bad thing, you know why?" I asked. "Because you aren't a monster. You will control this thing, you will become yourself again someday, just like Lupin did and you will be able to live your own life. Just make sure to not let the werewolf get to your soul, Rain." I paused, moving closer to her. "I'll be here every step of the way, and so will Cedric, I'm sure. You have so many people supporting you. I promise. You deserve to live, Rain."

She sniffled, meeting my eyes. They were still rimmed with red, but I could see that sparkle, knowing that she listened to me and at least tried to believe me. I took her shaky hand in mine, squeezing it. She sighed, not looking away from me. I smiled back at her.

"You don't have to tell me about your nightmare, I don't want to hear it." I said. "I want you to be okay now... for the night at least. You need your rest Rain, want to stay here until dawn? Then you can go back to your tower?"

She nodded, "I suppose it wouldn't be a bad idea,"

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:56 pm
View Likes
Remington38 says...

Medora Night time

I have been spending most of my nights at the room of requirements with Godric and I really don't care what people are thinking. Nobody seems to notice except the girls in my room and they could care less if I go take a long walk off a short peer. Draco has a way of doing that to people; getting them to gang up on others. As long as I have Godric, my new friends, and my muggle books that's all I could ever want. I don't want Robert to feel left out so I even invite him to hang with us at night every now and then. I get him to read some of my favorite muggle books while Godric and I read one together. The room of requirements has been my new home, and hide out from the rest of the world. Robert is here with us tonight and tonight all of us are sitting around the fire place in front of the couch with a million blankets burying us alive. I am reading a Russian author tonight and both of them watch me carefully as I read aloud. I stop when I hear knocking on the door that echoes throughout the whole room.
All of us are holding our breath when Draco's voice is loud shouting spells to get the doors to open but they don't budge. All of us turn out the fire and go into one of the rows of bookshelves hiding. When the door finally opens it's Draco smirking and he walks in slowly.
"Oh Medora!" He says " So this is where you've been hiding. Your little toy is in here too I bet... Godric, does she kiss you like she kissed me? She's getting you to break the rules for her? Is she worth it? She likes to use men like us, to get what she wants... she knew Sirius Black when she was little, and Beletrix... bet she didn't say anything about that... and that she is part Death Eater." Both of them turn and look and me with wide mortified eyes and I feel so helpless.
"The tattoo you cover up on the back of your shoulder, with makeup, it's a dark mark...?" He looks at me slowly comprehending what Draco is saying. Now it's Roberts turn to look at me in disbelief.
"He's lying right... Medora tell me he is lying!" He is whispering furiously. Tears stream down my face and I slowly shake my head no. My entire body hurts and I feel like my insides are throbbing. I crumple down and see Draco walk out but before he leaves he says a spell under his breath and shuts the door behind him. When I realize what he casted I leap out and see the bookshelves smoldering and all of the books on it falling apart as if burning but with no fire. I grab one but my hands burn and blister and it falls apart to ashes in my fingers. I scream out loud not from pain but frustration and emptiness. Godric and Robert slowly walk out from behind she shelves we were hiding in and they just stare at me. Godric most of all looks disgusted.
"Tell me he was lying Medora." He shouts force behind his voice like I have never heard before and it scares me, I whimper a little and shake me head no. I unbutton my shirt and keep it closed towards my chest so they don't see my bra and I pull down the sleeve on my right side. I slowly wipe over the spot on the back of my shoulder and the tattoo there appears. I let them look at it for a few moments and then silently Godric stands up and storms out furious. He slams the door and that makes me wince. I fall down to the floor and start to cry silently and Robert still stares at me. I start to button my shirt back up but clumsily fail, my hands shaking badly and instead I just pull the sides together in a comforting way.
"Why didn't you tell us... why didn't you!" I am shaking on the floor and I can't manage and words. I gather up all my strength to whisper out "It isn't real... I think..." but he is already storming out the same way Godric did. I say it again in barely a whisper to nothing, maybe it's for myself. I sob for a few moments letting everything out and I hear someone come in and I look up hopeful it's Godric, but instead it's Draco and he is looking at me solemnly. I continue to cry, my face stinging from all of the tears and I feel him kneel down behind me and wrap his arms around me. I fall into it and I don't know why, I would be angry at him, but instead I just feel broken. He strokes my hair and quietly whispers "We are what we are, and we are nothing else." He says nothing more and we just lie there while what feels like hours pass. His body heat warms me while the room is freezing and I fall asleep.

Spoiler! :
Sorry if this wasn't very good quality, I can change it if anyone wants me to
Proud Reader of Banned Books

Answer to life, the universe, and everything: 42

Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.
Cesar Cruiz

Pluviophile- a lover of rain; someone who finds joy/peace of mind on rainy days.

"Perhaps one did not want to be loved so much as to be understood."
— George Orwell, 1984