z

Young Writers Society

Lincoln Wood Private College Prep

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:53 pm
Gravity says...

Cole
Everyone has been really cool about my wheelchair. Especially Rupert.

He replied to the text for me and placed it in my boo bag which was hanging on the back of my chair. I used the "joy stick" on my chair to move. My parents put forth the extra hundred dollars or so for a wheelchair I could use to get around in myself.

I moved across the room fairly swiftly for being in a wheel chair, getting poster board, a large sheet of paper, scissors and spray paints.

I had all of these supplies balanced precariously on my lap and Rupert looked at me, puzzled.

"Uh, Cole?" He said, "What the hell is that for?"

"I did some thinking," I said slowly, "I lost control of my left hand." I paused and gauged his reaction. It felt like Rupert was the only one not treating me like a doll. Even Hunter treated me like I was fragile.

"Spray paints are great because I have more control with them than with a brush. I was thinking you could help me draw out and make some stencils."

He hesitated. "Cole, are you sure? It's going to be so different from what you were doing before." He gestured at the portfolio in my bag which contained tons of realistic sketches, drawings and paintings.

"Bring me my phone." He did so. I google searched 'Chuck Close'.

"Look at this guy's art," I said, showing him an ultra real picture.

"He used to do stuff like that. But then Mr. Close got in a really bad accident and had to completely change his style. He was completely paralyzed from the neck down. But he was a genius, and he loved art. This is what he's doing now.'

His jaw dropped and I smiled.

"If this guy can live through being completely paralyzed from the neck down, I think I can deal with half my body being out of action for a while. And his injuries are permanent. Mine may not be." He looked at me with wonder.

"We should start with cubism." He looked at me like cubism was a foreign concept.

"Picasso. Cubism. Okay, you know what? Nevermind. I just need you to help me sketch and cut out stuff on the poster board to make a stencil. Cool?"

"Cool."

"Okay, I'm going to draw lines in pencil lightly on the posterboard, I need you to get a ruler and draw the line straighter." I sketched out a few lines and he promptly followed behind me.

"What is this going to be?" He asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Just cut." Rupert bent the poster board slightly and cutting on the crease so he wouldn't have to cut through the stencil.

"Lay it over the paper?" We were cutting into another period and I saw Rupert glance at his watch. But I was desperate to keep going. I needed to know my limitations.

I ran the red over some of the jagged shapes and triangles. They overlapped and ran together, creating a shape that I could see Rupert was beginning to recognize. I painted a light pink over one edge of the shapes, shaking the paint and loving the rattling sound.

My hands were covered in pink and red spray paint before I used the dark green, using light green to highlight. I could feel myself getting in to the moment. I was making art again. It was just me, the paint and the paper before me. Nobody had ever seen me get into this zone before. I'd never let anyone watch the most intimate moments of my life, the ones where I created art. Not even Hunter. The closest anyone had ever gotten to seeing me like this is if I was sketching a portrait of them. But my face was always hidden behind my sketchbook. There I was, letting Rupert see the most raw part of me. And he was looking at me like I was a completely different person.

And finally, I was finished. I hadn't done any physical activity but I was breathing hard, anticipating the reveal.

"I'm not in the mood to let this dry for two hours, so I need to to remove the stencil as fast as possible so the paint doesn't run. Got it?" Rupert nodded, taping down the corners of the paper before ripping off the stencil.

The lines were nearly perfect, only slightly blurred from Rupert taking off the stencil. But before me was a fragmented rose bud, closed from the world. It was highlighted with pink. So simple in it's design, but complicated as your eyes followed the lines. Rupert sucked in at the same time I did, taking in my painting.

"It's beautiful." He was talking about the painting, but he was looking at me.

A tear rolled down my cheeks.

"What's wrong, Cole?" He was kneeling at my side in seconds.

"I thought I would never be able to make art ever again." I said it softly, but the way Rupert looked at me, I may as well have been yelling. Grabbing a pencil, I scribbled my signature sloppily in the bottom right corner.

"Will you hang it up?" Rupert put the poster on the wall and we sat there for a while. Just watching the flower as if it were about to blossom.

Spoiler! :
@Nike are you intending for this to turn romantic? I wasn't sure so I put in a little bit here and there. But for the most part, I kept it casual.
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:21 pm
NicoleBri says...

Isabelle

After Rupert left with Colette, Paul and I awkwardly walked down the hall together. I could feel my arms tingling with goose bumps as his arm brushed against mine. Yes he was hot and everything any girl thinks of him. I looked over towards him and he was looking at me already, maybe he was trying to figure something out, or something.

"Where do you want to go?" he asked me. I bit my lip because I didn't exactly know. "Anywhere you want to." I replied.

I sat down at the end of the hallway, "Sit with me?" I asked. He happily obliged and I was happy. I didn't feel like being alone. "Can we maybe play a game?" I asked.

"What do you have in mind?" he asked. I smiled at him before answering, "21 questions. You ask a question and then I will. You can only answer honestly and there is no limit to the question."

I had many questions but I wanted to start with some simple ones. "You first." he said.

"Okay, uhm, do you want to be somebody when you get out of college? You know, like be known for what you do?" I asked.

He nodded and I took that as a yes.

I smiled, that was definitely a good answer. We were sitting beside one another so I moved closer and sat in front of him.

"Do you care what people think about you?" he asked. "No." I reply. The more I looked at him the more I wanted to feel such closeness, even if I'm in the middle of a hallway.

"Can I kiss you?" I asked him without thinking. His eyes sort of widened but he didn't say no, that was the end of it, I quickly caressed his cheek and our lips met. I didn't care about anything at that moment.

His lips were soft and I had so many thoughts rushing through my head. We kissed for a good two minutes before a professor caught us, we both got up and took off towards the opposite way.

"I'm sorry.." I finally say after we are safely outside. My head was aching and I didn't know what was wrong with me. "Don't be sorry." he said,

I smiled and I knew my cheeks were heated, I mean really everything on me was heated. I stood against the brick wall of the place. This feeling I got when I kissed him was something, I didn't know what it was, but it was something.

"I am really the type of girl that moves fast. I have come to realize that and It might be a problem. I just know what I want and I go for it." I told him. I felt like I should tell him that, at least if he didn't want to be with me it gave him a chance to run.

"One last question, do you want to be with Dafnie?" I asked him.

Spoiler! :
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:44 pm
Ciblio says...

Collin

Spoiler! :
HARLEYYYY OMG I LOVE HER SO MUCH AND I JUST
UHHFGDAK MC

Harley lifted her head up and locked eyes with Collin. She'd only been at his house for about an hour and was already bored out of his mind, he could tell.

"We could go somewhere," Collin offers after a second as he shrugged his shoulders. "Get something to eat, go somewhere else to hang out."

Harley's lip curled into a bright smile and she ran a hand through her dark brown hair, "Or we can talk about school."

Collin grimaced and straightened his shirt, "Yeah, no way."

"What about the girl?" Harley grinned- her small dimples slightly visible now- and wriggled her eyebrows.

"What about the girl?" He said, almost bitterly. He and Isabel hadn't spoken for a while now. Of course, he still liked her, though he was pretty sure she'd gotten over her liking for him. That's what girls like that did, right? Liked a guy, flirted with him, but gave up after not getting what they actually want?

Or maybe he was wrong. Who knew for sure?

"Oh, don't play that card on me," Harley sighed as she pulled her feet up to her chest on the couch, "I see right through you. You said that like you don't care about her, like you don't like her. Please."

Collin rolled his eyes now, breaking eye contact finally, "I never said I didn't like her anymore."

"But you tried to," Harley smirked, her bright smile gone from her face as if it had never even been there. "Just tell me what happened between you two."

"What happened between us?" Collin raised a brow, crossing his arms as he leaned back, "Nothing happened between us. We kinda just stopped talking as much."

"But you didn't want to stop talking," Harley nodded. For a girl who'd only ever been with two guys, she knew a lot about relationships, for some odd reason. She was good with this stuff. Maybe she could come up with an explanation as to why Isabel wasn't as social with him as she used to be. "You have feeling for her, right?"

Collin raised both eyebrows now. He had feelings for her, right? Right. Wrong. Yes. No? He wasn't sure anymore.

"Collin?" Harley said his name so easily, so calmly, she was calling him back to the world.

"Yes," He blurts out, "Yes and no."

"What do you mean by that?" Harley frowned, a small crease appearing between her eyebrows as her bluish-gray eyes stared at him in thought. "Yes and no?"

"Yes-" He paused, thinking about how to explain it. Yes, because she was an amazing person behind her disguise. Yes, because she didn't see her actual beauty, which was beautiful in itself. Yes, because she was Isabel. "Yes, because I can't think of anybody else that I would actually waste my time on just to figure them out."

Harley's expression softened a bit, and you could clearly see the slight shock on her face. Did she not expect him to say that?

Collin continued, "And no-" No, because she didn't see what she meant to him. No, because she wasn't trying hard enough. No, because she couldn't possibly have the time for him. "No, because she can't see what's right in front of her."

"I don't know why Isabel does what she does, but I know it's not for the right reason. No matter what, you shouldn't have to be forced to downgrade yourself and sleep with whoever without actually wanting it from that person for a good, logical reason. She has it lodged into her brain that this will help her. Sleeping with guys will help her. Dressing like she does will make everything better in her life. And if I'm being totally honest, it makes me feel like she's a coward for hiding behind that mask of hers."

This was the truth? How could he say anything of this without actually knowing what Isabel has gone through- what Isabel is going through? It wasn't right. It wasn't right, yet, he felt good for saying it.

"I think you're thinking too much, little brother," Harley's frown is now replaced by a soft smile, "And I also think you've grown up too much."

Collin bowed his head and stared down at his hands, "What do I do now?"

"I dunno, dude," Harley laughed. "Confront her, if that's what you feel is right. Tell her how you feel. Tell her everything you just told me. If she doesn't listen to you or care about your feelings with this, don't worry about it. Don't worry about her, because why waste your time on somebody who doesn't care about you or your thoughts, right?"

Confront her? He would. He wouldn't. Would he? He wasn't sure about this either.

"Can we go get something to eat?" Collin suddenly asked, tired of thinking. Tired of being him. "We can talk more about this later."

"Sure," Harley shrugged as she pushed herself up off of the couch. "Let me just text Luther and see if he wants to come with us."

Collin nodded as he stood up and stretched his arms out. Food didn't seem too appealing right now, but it got them to stop talking about his problems, didn't it?

Harley shoved her phone back into her pocket a few minutes later and let out a sigh, "He can't come, he's spending time with Luna, but that's okay."

"Alright, then let's go." Collin said as he cleared his throat and stepped over to the door, swinging it open quickly.
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:32 am
View Likes
Nike says...

Rupert Jean Franz

I hung up the poster and couldn't help but realize that my heart was racing so hard I couldn't contain it. Looking over at Colette, I saw her looking bad at me. I smiled, something small, but I knew she knew what I meant by it.

"You have to get better... I can't imagine you not drawing ever again." I swallowed hard.

Tears pricked at her eyes.

My headphones were on and I was lost in my own world. I had my laptop just in front of me as my fingers slid over the keyboard, spelling out words and these words lead to sentences and these sentences lead to paragraphs. I was writing stories like I've never done before. My parents were somewhere in this house, if I were to guess, my father was surely in the garage polishing his cars and my mother was in the hot tub out back.

I felt my phone vibrate against the desk several times, I left it alone, hoping it would stop. I was busy right now. But the call didn't stop, so I slid off my headphones and answered it.

"I don't know what we are doing. We weren't really doing anything really and then it all stopped. You never explained yourself, we never got to try for longer because you sort of disappeared from my life. Just a week ago we saw each other and we reconnected and then again silence and, gosh, it's so unfair. Rupert..." Jessie said this in a hurry and just caught her breath, hearing this made my heart stop.

"I'm sure that you think I'm some naive innocent girl that you are able to use. And you'll blame me for getting too attached. But fuck you Rup! Fuck you! I have feelings for you and you know that and all I was hoping was that you wouldn't hurt me even though I knew you would."

Somehow, her words were getting to me. I felt my chest get heavy as I gripped onto the phone, waiting for her to say something else. I couldn't speak and I didn't want her to leave.

"Right, you're in shock... or you don't care. Whatever," she was going to hang up.

"Jess," I breathed out.

I heard her catch her own breath on the other end.

"I fucked up and I'm sorry."

I didn't know what to say, she was right. She was right about everything but... I don't know. I've changed and that's not me. I'm not that guy and I do like Jessie. I really do, God, she's great. I just don't want to hurt her. Because I'm not good with relationships.

And with her, I'd be in a relationship.

"Jessie, we can't see each other anymore."

Her end went dead but I kept the phone against my ear, waiting to see if, I don't know, if something would happen.

But I came to nothing. So, I put my phone back down and ran my hands through my hair, shutting my eyes. I felt tears try to break free, but I didn't let them go.

"Rupert! Dinner!" I heard the maid, Kelly, call out.

I sighed from frustration and got off my chair, headed toward the stairs.
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

267 Reviews

Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:34 pm
Nike says...

Dafnie Serena Leto

I waited for Paul at Starbucks, the one not too far from school but far enough that if we were to ditch for a day, no one would find us. I sighed, looking through the window. Still no sign of him. He said he'd be here just after his basketball meet. And he's not.

Checking my phone, I saw no one had missed me. I sighed again.

The music they played here was starting to make me dozy. I took a sip of my tea, the earl gray I liked, letting the warm liquid fill my body. I looked at my phone again, still no form of communication was made toward me. I swiped my finger on the screen and found Paul's number, hitting call.

After a few rings, I was left with a voice mail.

"This is Paul, obviously I'm too bust to answer your call. Leave a note."

I sighed, "Paul, it's me, Daffy, your best friend... I've been waiting at Buck's for so long that grass looks interesting. Where are you?" I hung up.

My tea was reaching it's end, which meant I wouldn't wait here any longer. I took the last sips of the tea and sat there for a few more minutes just looking out the window. Just then I see his car, that vintage BMW Beamer his dad drive when Paul was a kid. It looked sleek, like he had just washed it. So, Paul made it.

The lights turned green and instead of turning onto this street, he went straight. Did he forget where Starbucks was or something? Or did he forget... we were meeting each other here...?

I swallowed hard and got up off the stool, throwing the cup into the bin. My heart was racing against my chest and I walked out of the cafe, feeling the cool air punch me in the face. I found my way towards the parking lot, finding my own car, and old Jeep Wrangler covered in red, and hopped in. I slid the key into the ignition and music started to blast from the speakers.

Just the way I liked it.

I sang along to My Chemical Romance as I found my way home. As I was driving, I saw Colette with her parents. She seemed to be smiling, but it looked so fake. Her parents were helping her into the car. I saw Hawthorne standing just a few feet away, watching. I decided to pull into the school parking lot, where they were standing, and help Hawthorne.

Rolling down the passenger window, I called out to her.

"Hawthorne,"

She turned on her heel and saw me. Her eyes were all red. I took in a deep breath and smiled. This would be the only thing that would get her not to cry. She hoped into the car and sighed.

"I hope she gets better, I can't stand watching her like that." she murmured under her breath.

"I know," I replied.

"She's so hurt and it's so unfair," she added on, on a roll. "God, Dafnie! She's an artist! And that got ripped away from her!"

"I know,"

"And Hunter is not even there anymore. He barely even looks at her, what kind of boyfriend is that?"

I took in a long breath, trying to accept her tantrum. Her voice was too loud for my head to contain and it cracked as she let herself cry. I turned down the music and ran my hands through my hair.

"Hawthorne!" I shut her up. "Do you know how it feels to be a boyfriend of a girl that got hurt like that? It's not easy." I tried defending him.

"It's not easy being the girl either."

I have never seen Hawthorne so worked up, so worried, or even... so angry. Seeing Cole like this probably made Hawthorne on edge about everything. It's made her scared too, God, it makes me scared. It's like you feel so helpless towards her cause you can help Cole so much. You try to make her happy but you can't get her entirely happy because, well, getting her hand back would make her happy.

We sat in silence for a moment, letting the tension flood back down to normal.

"She's seeing Rupert anyway." I said.

"What?" she asked with her jaw dropped.

"Yeah,"

"They are just friends, she likes Hunter..." Hawthorne protested.

I switched the gear into drive and headed my way out. As we drove, I saw Cole looking back at us, waving. I waved back through the windshield and drove past, finding my way back to Starbucks.

That reminds me... I had to drive Cole to Physical Therapy. But I've got Rose here. Maybe she wouldn't get to made, maybe she'd find a ride. If she couldn't I'd still get her.

I sent Colette a message saying I couldn't drive her to Physical Therapy.

Spoiler! :
Last edited by Nike on Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

271 Reviews

Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:09 pm
Gravity says...

Cole
I heard a knock on the door and moved the controller on my chair so I could open it up.

"Hunter!" I smiled as he bent down to give me a hug, his blonde hair brushing my cheek. He gave me a quick peck on the lips and Rupert's face flashed into my head and I froze.

"What's wrong?" Hunter pulled away.

"Nothing." I smiled and pulled him in again, trying to push Rupert out of my head. But then I imagined the feel of Rupert's lips on mine as Hunter kissed me.

"Hunter," I pulled away.

"Cole, is everything okay?"

"Yeah. I just remembered. Dafnie's gonna be here in a little bit to drive me to physical Rupert."

"Uh Cole?"

"What's up?"

"Didn't you mean physical therapy?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah. That's what I said." Then my eyes widened. Oh no. Oh no oh no oh no.

"If you're into Rupert..." He said his name with disgust, "I understand. But..."

"No. It's just Rupert has been helping me with my art and everything. I have to get to physical therapy. I love you, okay?" He nodded and got into his car before driving off.

I checked my phone, I legitimately did need to get to physical therapy. My phone lit up.

Can't drive you to PT, today. So sry.

It was Dafnie. Of course. I sighed and unlocked my phone, dialing Rupert's number.

"Jessie, I told you-"

"It's Cole."

"Oh."

"Yeah. Dafnie bailed on me for driving to physical therapy. I was wondering if you could drive me?"

"Would your wheelchair fit in my car?"

"Yeah. I have a temporary one like what hospitals use for this sort of thing." I heard a car start in the background.

"I'll be there in 5." My stomach churned at the thought of seeing Rupert again. I thought about the kiss with Hunter.

Did I seriously have a crush on Rupert? Rupert of all people?

He pulled in and dragged out the other wheelchair on the porch, putting it in his trunk. Then he unbuckled me from my chair and lifted me into the front seat. His warm arms cradled me and he gently set me down before pushing my chair back in the house and buckling me in.

"Ready?" He asked,

I exhaled. "Ready as I'll ever be."

267 Reviews

Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:56 pm
Nike says...

Paul Jenkins
Spoiler! :

Do I want to be with Dafnie? What?

Why would she ask me this? Why? We were good, talking, locking lips... I didn't think that would ever cross her mind. Let alone my own.

Oh let's be honest Paul, you've loved Dafnie since you met her. What? When did that happen? What is going on? Why are my brain and my mind disagreeing? I would've known if I loved Dafnie, that's something that just comes by surprise.

Like, oh, I love Dafnie!

Oh.

I.

I love Dafnie?
I love Dafnie.
Wait, what?

I looked at Isabelle. Her eyes were wide, searching mine for answers. I must've been silent for a while because she pulled away and stood up, shaking her head. The hesitating was obvious. I didn't know how to answer her. I wanted Isabelle. I wanted her right now. And she was there, but I couldn't reach.

Standing up, I tried to catch her attention but she just kept averting her eyes from mine and that made my heart sink.

"Izzy," I sighed.

She took in a sharp breath and looked at me. Maybe she should've kept not looking at me cause now I was praying there was a hole in the floor I would fall into.

"I don't know, that's my answer... I don't know." I paused. "But I do know that I like you, a lot. And that kissing you meant so much more than just something..."

I don't know if I was even saying the right thing, because she wasn't reacting. But all I wanted was her.

"Izzy, please listen to me. Dafnie is my best friend..." just hearing her name made her cringe. "but that's it. I have feelings for you, can't I be with you? You're great and I think I want to try this."

She slid her hands into her pockets and just stood there, looking at the floor. I took this as an opportunity to get her back. I walked over, placing my hands on arms. Her hands came from the pockets and intertwined with mine. I got her to look up and met my eyes. I tried my best not to smile, to not jinx this.

"Wanna try with me?"

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:40 pm
NicoleBri says...

Isabelle

I feared the worst when It came to Paul. I knew what he had went to do with our drunken Daf at the party. When I asked him if he wanted to be with Dafnie I saw his hesitation. What was I going to do? I... I just didn't understand why I didn't feel good enough.

Catching my breath against the wall was a relief. "Wanna try with me?" he asked. My heart began to sink. Of course I did, but did I want to take the chance to get a broken heart? I looked into his eyes and I saw him trying not to smile, "of course I do." I say without another hesitation.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and we kissed, he smiled into my mouth and I couldn't help but laugh, he made me feel like a little kid again.

"What is that bruise on your arm?" he asked me as he pulled my arm into view, I thought my shirt covered it but I guess it wasn't good enough. "Nothing." I reply as I pull back.

I took my sweater out of my backpack and pulled it over me. "Izzy, you know that's nothing if you have to cover it up." he said, I didn't know what to say. I got my stuff and began to walk away.

Yes, we were officially together but I didn't want to explain what that bruise was from, it was pretty noticeable that I just didn't fall. I sighed to myself. "Isabelle. Don't walk away from me." he half yelled.

"I'm not walking away, okay? Just call me later or something." I reply. He ran up behind me and I stalled, ugh the way his hand felt on my skin lit me back on fire, I wouldn't give in though.

Before going to my car I had one last thing to say to him, "If I fall for you, I hope you will be there to catch me."

Those words felt weird coming from my mouth, but I meant every word.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

267 Reviews

Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:36 am
Nike says...

Rupert Jean Franz

I did the right thing. I mean, Cole needed help and I guess I was available. Dafnie had bailed on her, there isn't an excuse for that. If your friend needs help, you drop everything to help. But in her case she thinks otherwise.

"Want me to wait for you or will someone else be picking you up from here?" I asked Colette.

She wasn't really looking at me, she was looking forward, as if trying to find an answer in the air. I swallowed hard, that caught her attention.

"Uh, what?" she must've been lost in her own thoughts.

"Do you want me to wait for you?" I repeated.

It took her a while to process her thoughts, but then she nodded. "Yeah, if you wouldn't mind..." she looked up at me.

I smiled in reply and hopped out of the car. I had to help her out. And that's what I did, I opened her door after I pulled the wheelchair out of the trunk. She smiled and I picked her up, placing her onto the chair.

I did something that I probably shouldn't have done, I went by the room she was in and waited outside. She might not want me seeing her right when she finished. But, I felt like I should be there. I could hear them talking inside about how she should take care of herself.

I was on my phone when I heard the door open. Lifting up my head, I saw her looking back at me with wide eyes.

"You waited here?" she asked.

"Yeah, is that okay?" I shot back.

"Uh," she nodded. "Yeah, yeah. It's okay."

Standing up, I looked up at the doctor. He had a smile on his unshaven face. Un-shaven, what I mean is maybe he hadn't shaved in a few days. It looked clean.

"You have her from here?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm good."

He nodded, said something to Colette and walked back into the room. I stood behind her and started pushing her down the hall. A few people were walking there and back, giving us polite-pity smiles, which made my heart race. She didn't need the pity. She's got this.

I'm here to help her.

"How was therapy?" I asked, trying to divert her attention from the crowd.

She looked up at me with pink cheeks.

"It was alright."

I nodded, finding my way through the hallways. There were some pictures on the walls of oceans and forests. That was supposed to make the patients forget they were sick? I wouldn't know.

A doctor walked just in front of us. She had this fiery red hair that was in a short bob and was yelling into her cellphone. Professional indeed.

"Want some ice cream?" I asked Colette.

It took her a moment to respond. "Sure,"

Spoiler! :

271 Reviews

Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:15 pm
Gravity says...

Cole
"Okay so I'm going to walk you through some exercises and it would be beneficial for you to do these at home with a friend or a family member." I nodded as the doctor gently lifted me from my chair and onto a cot where was gently laid down. The doctor adjusted the cot so I was sitting and then he raised my hand, moving it through several different motions. I couldn't really feel anything has he described what needed to happen. Then it was my leg. I just sat there, feeling limp. Like a rag doll. I was so ashamed.

The doctor finished and then he brought some ordinary things over. Ice cubes, a sewing needle, a cotton swab and a hairbrush. He proceeded to drag each of these items across my left arm and leg.

"Do you feel anything?" He asks me, his eyes never leaving mine.

"Should I?" I asked, swallowing.

"It's normal if you don't. It's been about a month and a half since your accident, so it's still fairly recent, but..." he took an ice cube and ran it over my fingertips and I felt... something. A flash of cold, the way my hand used to feel if I touched an ice cube.

"Holy shit!" he looked at me and I blushed. "Sorry. I felt it. It's really dull but... I did." He nodded and smiled.

"That reaction is normal. This is a good sign, we might be able to gain some of your mobility and feeling back before you head off to college in two years." My face fell. Two years.

"The bright side is, this is very rare. Not all, and certainly not most accident victims have this opportunity. But because you're older but not too old, and where the injury was in your spine... you have very good chances." I nodded but was still disappointed. I was hoping to get better sooner.

But then Rupert offered to take me out for ice cream. I honestly didn't feel like it, but the look on his face was so... Rupert. So hopeful. He never looked like this at school. His face was always hardened and he had the attitude that he didn't care. But he was actually a good person. So I bit my lip before agreeing.

"Sure." So he drove me to a little hole in the wall ice cream parlor.

"What is this place?" I looked at all the vintage decorations and the old fashioned counter.

"Just a place. My Mom and I would go here back when she still cared." I nodded and we ordered, sitting down. I stabbed my spoon into my ice cream, my hand still slightly unaccustomed to eating with my left hand.

"Jeez. What did that ice cream ever do to you?" His eyes crinkled as we both laughed. before we sat there in silence. The silence wasn't awkward though, we were both just thinking.

"I had slight feeling in my fingers earlier." I stared into the contents of my bowl, imagining the expression on his face.

"What?" He said.

"The doctor put an ice cube on my fingertips and I could feel it a little." I took another bite, not wanting to say anything.

"That's amazing." He said, inhaling.

"Yeah. The Doctor said I might be able to gain back some mobility and feeling before college in two years."

"Oh," he said, "That's not too far off." But I could tell he was lying. 2 years is forever when you're a teenager. I could feel a tear streak down my face.

"Rupert, that's forever." I looked into his eyes and I could see the pain that he felt there for me.

"No it's not. 2 years is nothing compared to what could've happened. You could have died, but you're living instead. You're alive. You have a lifetime. That is forever. He places his slightly sticky hand over my good one and I remember what happened with Hunter earlier, how I imagined kissing Rupert instead of him.

I could feel my heart beating and my mouth went dry, leaving the sweet taste of the ice cream in my mouth. I wanted to kiss him. So... I did. And all of a sudden sensations were washing over me. The taste of his ice cream, the warm feel of his mouth on mine stirring something that I hadn't felt in a long time. I wanted to wrap my fingers in his hair, I felt like I could kiss him forever. Like I was home.

"We should probably go." He looked confused but I knew as soon as my lips met his... this was right. It felt right. And I hoped it was the same for him.

"Okay." I used my good arm to wheel myself away from the table until he pushed me out to the car and helped me in. And even though he was confused, I was content. And then I remembered.

Hunter.

267 Reviews

Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:23 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Dafnie Serena Leto

I was at home with the laptop in my lap, scrolling through Tumblr. This was my life really.. me, the internet, and punk rock. And My Chemical Romance was loud in my room. My mother was most likely at work, or at a friends' house. She likes to live her life since I'm old enough to take care of myself.

And I'm happy she's out and about, I mean, she's been taking care of me all her adult life. She might as well start having fun now.

As I was dozing on the internet, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out and looked at it; a snapchat.

I slid my phone over the screen and clicked the name that popped up. A picture of Cole's face showed up, she was smiling with a caption something happened. I clicked the picture button and snapped one of myself with a concerned look with a caption call me.

Next thing I knew, the phone was ringing with a picture of Colette sticking out her tongue. I hit answer.

"Cole, what's up?"

"Hey Daf," Her French accent always gets me jealous. She's just so cute and with an accent. Any girl would want that. "Jesus... I don't know how to explain this to you... and I need to tell someone. And you're one of my good friends."

"Are you gay?"

She laughed, she actually full heartily laughed, it sounded like she was relieving herself from the stress she was holding, trying to get the tension gone. I think my joke made it easier for her to talk to me.

"Damn girl you've been in the closet for too long..." I huffed.

The laughter died and the serious tension set in, making my body stiff. I placed the laptop on the ground next to me and waited for her to say something. I was sitting against my bed frame, on the floor. It was the most comfortable for me, especially since I got my new carpet put in. It was like a fur rug.

"So, since you couldn't drive me to therapy..." she started and I cut her off.

"So sorry about that Cole, really!" I cried.

"It's okay! Rup drove me!"

Suddenly my mouth felt dry. This had something to do with Rupert. I mean, they have been close for a while. I shouldn't be surprised he drove her. But this had something to do with him and, I don't know. This feels so wrong.

"I feel like you're mad." Cole said.

"No, go on." I replied sharply.

She paused. "Rupert kissed me."

I swallowed hard and looked straight ahead at the wall in front of me. This one had a row of pictures I took during last year of my fond memories. And even this year. I stared at the picture of Paul and I on New Year's. We were smiling, both with champagne in our hands. My heart was racing as I tried to take steady breaths.

"I didn't know what to do... he just kissed me and I didn't do anything about it. I like Hunter. He's my guy. Hunter is my guy. Oh God Dafnie, I messed up, didn't I? I messed up!" she started to blab.

"He is using you." I stated plainly. "He feels pity and wants to show you that. Even though you have a boyfriend, he wants you to experience more than love. He doesn't love you. If you have feelings for Rupert, hit yourself in the fucking head because that's fucked up. He doesn't like you. He's pitying you." I started to yell this, I felt all this rage eat at my skin as I trembled.

There was so much emotion running in my veins that I stood up, unable to think anymore.

"Excuse me?" her voice was soft, distant. "What?"

I knew she couldn't believe what I said, but it's true. Rupert does absolutely no good.

"Stay the fuck away from Rupert, Colette. He will hurt you."

"I-I gotta go Dafnie..." there was so much confusion in her voice. And then she hung up.

Spoiler! :

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:05 pm
AlmondEyes says...

~Hawthorne~

Spoiler! :
@Nike @NicoleBri @Shiney @Sunshine @Gravity @Skydreamer @LordGreenleaf @ElvenKnight @Shiney. Sorry I've been out of commission for so long you everyone!!!!! C'mon you guys!!! Where are you at? Let's pick things up!!

Pulling up to the house, I looked at the spot where Grandmother's silver BMW used to be, wondering where it had gone. A sleek black Mercedes now sat in it's plates, the paper tags still flapping in the errant wind. The plates for the car hadn't come in yet. When i'd asked her about the car, she went red in the face, slapping me so hard that my lip split. She would have done worse if Grandpa hadn't called for her when he did. What surprised was that her hits didn't have the usual force to them. Not that I would say anything. For the last little while, something had been up, but I didn't know what it was. I just count my blessings that she was needed by grandpa, which was also odd.

Even with the cancer, he was still capable of taking care of himself. He hated having to rely on people. It seemed like something in him had changed. Before he was diagnosed, he was cold and detached, especially toward me, which had always scared me as a child. When he wasn't cold or detached, the only thing you could see on his face was contempt or disgust. He'd stand there and watch Grandmother beat me, and then tell me I looked like a worthless piece of trash when she was finished. Now when I look into his eyes, I only see sadness and regret. And he always looked tired. So tired. It made my chest ache for some reason when I looked at him.

Shaking it off, I got out of the car and headed into the house, when my phone buzzed in my pocket. Pulling it out, I closed the door. It was a message from Cole. I'd been helping her with her Physical therapy for the last two weeks. She had an appointment earlier, but I could make it because I had a tutoring session to make. I knew Rupert was with her though, so she wouldn't be alone. Making my way towards the the Kitchen, I opened the message, running into someone. Hearing a thud, I looked down to see Grandpa on the floor, and my heart stopped for a second.

"Are you ok!?" I hurried to his side.

"Keep away!" He ground out, pushing me away.

"Abraham?" Came her voice.

I started to panic. If she found out what I did, things would get ugly in a hot second. As grandmother came into view, her eyes zeroed in on me, her mouth scrunching up in distaste. Grandpa had already stood up, looking as if nothing had happened.

"Is there a problem?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Just someone with two left feet is all," he grumbled. "Let's go."

He began to shuffle away, not bothering to look at me. Grandmother brush passed me after him, shoving me off to the side. I frowned as I watched her. Something wasn't right.....

"You're limping," I said without thinking. "Are you hurt?"

I couldn't put my finger on it, but it finally clicked for some reason. She'd been limping on her right leg, and when she'd hit me with her right hand, it hadn't been as strong because it was hurt too. It had been this way for about a month and a half, but I just hadn't noticed until now. Come to think about it, that was when the BMW disappeared.

In front of her, Grandpa stiffened. She slowly turned around, her face livid. I took a terrified step back, my heart stuttering in my chest as she grew closer. I skittered back, hitting the corner of a wall and boxing myself in without meaning to. I shrank into the corner, throwing my hand out in front of me.

"I'm sorry," my voice quivered. "I won't ask again."

"Agatha," he called, and she stopped. "Don't waste your time."

She gave me a nasty look before turning back to him. They both headed up stairs. I stayed there in the corner, trying to calm my breathing. For a moment, I knew true fear. The look in her eyes when she came at me....

Shaking my head, I stood up and made my way to my room. As I hit the top of the stars, I look at the message from Cole.

The police finally got a description of the car that hit me.

It took them long enough. How much time could it take to look through traffic footage? I texted her back.

What did they say?

"I'll do whatever the hell I have to!" I heard grandmother snap from there room.

Despite my better judgment, I move toward the end of the hallway where their room is located. My phone buzzes in my hand, but I pay no mind to it.

"You can't keep trying to cover it up, Agatha." Grandfather strained. "Your carelessness is what got you into this mess in the first place. You almost killed that young girl."

What? My heart began to gallop in my chest. Who had she almost killed? What happened? What did she do? What was she trying to cover up? My phone buzzed again, and this time, I look at the message.

The police told my parents the description of the car.

The said it was a Silver BMW 4 Series Convertible.

My blood ran cold.

"She's paralyzed on one side of her body. What were you thinking when you took those pills?" He snapped.

"Don't you dare try to put this on me!" she cried. "Do you know how hard it's been, trying to cope with your cancer? I just needed a break."

"You call popping pills a break? You committed a felony, Agatha. They won't see you taking pills and then getting behind the wheels as a break." he growled.

I stood there, not even knowing what to do with what i'd just heard. She's been popping pills? I knew she hadn't been acting like herself for the past few months, but pills? I don't know how long I stood there, but the door opened, and then my grandmother was standing in front of me. I froze. She grabbed my by my hair, and I screamed as she dragged me down the hall.

"You meddling bitch!" she hissed. "One of these days, you'll learn to mind your own business."

She threw me down the stairs. I don't even recall falling. Only landing at the bottom. And then her hell was on my throat,closing my airway. I scratched and clawed, but t did no good. She put more weight on her foot, leaning closer to me.

"Keep your mouth shut, or you'll end up lying on the side of the road. And that won't be an accident." she grimaced before taking her foot off of my neck and walked back upstairs.

I laid there, gasping for air, tears running down my face. My friend might never be able to draw again, and it was all my grandmother's fault.
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

271 Reviews

Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:23 am
Gravity says...

Cole
I was walking down the hall-
Nevermind. I couldn't walk. I could only roll down the hall.
But wait, I wasn't exactly doing that either, since I wasn't even pushing my chair. It was motorized. So I motored down the hall?

Whatever I was doing, it was down the hall. And I wasn't walking, or jumping, or running or doing any of the things a teenage girl should be doing. But I was doing it with outmy friends. And I had a rock in the pit of my stomach. Rupert was avoiding me, catching my eye in classes and then looking away too quickly but then not quickly enough. Hunter wouldn't kiss me or touch me, Hawthorne swallowed like she had a lump in her throat every time she saw me and Dafnie was... well... Dafnie. The one I could count on. When she wasn't getting drunk or trying to screw around with guys.

Not that I didn't love them. But they were all distracted in their own world, with their issues. And I was the one in the stupid chair. The girl who couldn't reach her locker or even write in class because of my stupid body.

I watched everyone as I moved down the hallway in my chair, there was a guy bouncing a ball, girls gossiping, one of those goths writing on her arm. An administrator walking down the hall in heels too high for her as she dodged the hormonal teenagers. Some guys were sipping coffee.

Then suddenly something very wet and very hot was spilling down the front of my shirt and I screamed. It was one of the guys drinking coffee.

"Watch where you're going, cripple," he spat. The tears ran down my cheeks in torrents and I wanted to hit him, but I was confined to the stupid chair. He was walking away and I couldn't even say anything. But everyone was staring at me.

And then suddenly something was barreling into the guy, knocking him down three feet in front of me as he slid on the ground. And then I realized it wasn't something but a someone. That someone was Rupert. And he was kicking the crap out of that guy.

The coffee was beginning to cool down on my skin but it still stung and I was more distracted by Rupert.

"IF YOU EVER LOOK AT HER-" SMACK! "TALK TO HER-" UNH! "OR EVEN USE THE WORD CRIPPLE AGAIN, I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU!" The other kids were cheering them on and I was trying to back out of the throng of people, my slow chair being no match for their stampeding feet.

The administrator with the high heels was stumbling towards the fight, slipping on the waxed floor before she gave up and took off her shoes, breaking up the fight. My first instinct was to look at Rupert, I could tell he'd have a shiner later and he was clutching his gut. The other guy had got in a few good hits. But looking at him... I could see Rupert's rage. The guy who insulted me had both eyes that were already swelling up, a bloodied mouth (either from a split lip or busted teeth, I had no idea) and had blood spurting from his nose. Plus, the fact he was howling in pain and crying like a little baby didn't help his appearance.

I almost wanted to be sick.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:20 pm
Ciblio says...

Jessie

Spoiler! :
Sooo, I had a post written, like, a month ago, but I completely forgot to post it. Shows you how much of an idiot I am, right? Anyways, I deleted that post cause what was going on in it wouldn't fit what's going on now, so I had to write ANOTHER post...hopefully I don't forget about it tomorrow when I post it.

Val told me about the paralyzed girl- I felt bad. She was, what, the first girl in years to ever get badly injured here? Man.

I jumped out of my car and perched my bag on my shoulder. It was Saturday, and I missed the world. The flu disappeared halfway through the week, so that was good, but I'd missed nearly two weeks of school. Though, I did all my work, so I should be good.

"Hm," I hum, stepping up the low stairs that led to the library. Yes, the library. I had a research paper due that I hadn't even started on yet. When I stepped inside, wind gushed past me, and I shivered as a familiar face stopped to look at me. His name? Oh, dang, his name...ah, Collin? "Collin?"

"Jessie, hey," He smiled a bit, his dimples pushing out, "Never thought I'd see you here."

"Never thought I'd come here," I grin, looking around. I never really was a fan of books, but if it meant getting school work done, I had to, right? "Research paper."

"Ah, for Craft?" He asks, and I continue to walk to a table nearby him and settle my bag on the wooden surface.

I nod, "She's crazy."

"Yeah," He pauses, "What's your topic?"

With a sigh, I scrunch up my nose and answer with, "Great Depression and the Dust Bowl- she asked if I'd do two, and I couldn't say no, so...lucky me."

"Good luck with that," He shakes his head, and grabs a paper from the printer I didn't see behind him. "I'll see you at school."

With a wave, he turns away and goes back across the Library, then disappears behind a book shelf. I didn't know where to look for anything- I've never even been in here before, but only because I used the mini library at my house whenever I needed to do research. Unfortunately- for me- my library didn't have anything over The Great Depression or the Dust Bowl.

Being sick for nearly two weeks took me down a lot- even though I did all of the work Val brought to me- and there was no telling what was going on at school. School- and Rupert. Who knew which girls he'd been with? I didn't exactly know why, but the thought of him kissing, touching, being with another girl made me hurt even more. I didn't want to feel like this- I told myself never to fall for an unreachable person, but that's exactly what I did, and now I was suffering.

"Hon?" I glance up and notice that a short woman- maybe in her mid 40s- is standing next to me with a sincere smile on her face. "Do you need any help?"

I watch her push up the glasses that rested on her nose and nod, "I need...oh, I need books over the Great Depression and the Dust Bowl."

"Ah, Research paper? I've had kids in here all weekend," The woman pauses and stares at me for a second, "You look familiar. Have you been in here before?"

She probably recognizes me from the 'Totally Teens' magazines, from where I'd been forced to appear in- or maybe I look like my parents and she recognizes me from them. I shake my head, "This is the first time I've been in here- you might just know my parents."

"Hm, right," She hums quietly, though she still has a thoughtful look on her face. "I'll get you a few books- you stay right here, dear."

I nod and sit down, then purse my lips. I didn't want to feel uncomfortable by being in here. I didn't want to be that girl who everybody thinks is stuck up because her parents are rich- I just want to be normal, with normal friends, and normal parents. But I couldn't help feeling out of place, though.

With a sigh, I pull my phone out of my purse and unlock it, then find myself opening Rupert's contact. I wanted to talk to him, hear his voice, feel his touch- but I had a feeling there was nothing left of us. Should I have tried harder? For him, for me- for us, if we could've been possible? Could we have been possible? I wasn't sure.

Rupert- I bowed my head, and squeezed my eyes shut as a flash of an unknown memory coursed through my head- sweat, loud music, two bodies dancing together...no, not dancing. I snapped my eyes open- what? Who was that? Dear Lord, was that me? The...oh, no, the party, right? That's where it's from? Did I...walk in on somebody, or something? Or..no- Rupert and I? No, that couldn't be it. I refused.

'Hey,' was all I could think of to type. I didn't want to just shove my phone back in my purse and not talk to him, but I also didn't want to go off and ask him if we...did it... so, I hit the send button, the placed my phone on the table in front of me before I could cancel the message.

"Here we go," The woman appeared from behind a bookcase with a stack of books in her hand and a smile on her face, "I found quite a few that I thought could help you."

"Thank you," I mumble, flipping over the cover of the first book after she set them on the table as gently as she could.

[color=#FF8080]**** salto de línea (break of line- or, line break XD) ****[/color}

After talking to the Librarian- Kelly- for a little while longer and doing some research, I had checked out a few of the books that were the most helpful and left the Library, heading directly to Starbucks afterwards for my daily pick-me-up, which was more commonly known as a Iced tall sugar-free caramel, Nonfat, Light Ice, Starbucks double shot on ice. Best thing in the world, I swear. And usually, if I have a really bad day and my pick-me-up doesn't work as well as it usually does, I order my back up- a Dark Chocolate Peppermint Mocha. A little fatty, but absolutely delicious.

As I pulled into the driveway, I parked in my usual spot, and jump, making sure the grab my bag before shutting the door and locking the car. With an extra bounce in my walk and a smile on my face, I push the door open, and take in the scent of coffee beans, hot chocolate, and several different types of topping- such as; caramel, whipped topping, chocolate syrup, etc. After a second, I step up to the counter and tap my foot as the kid in front of me studies the menu, trying to figure out what he wants.

"You know," I say after a second, "the Java Chip Frappuccino is splendid."

The kid turns around and I immediately recognize him- though I can't pinpoint his name. I'd heard Rupert- ugh- call him something with an M...Matthew? No, no, ah, I forgot. When I realized I'd been staring, I bowed my head and pinched the leather on my bag- he wasn't a kid. I didn't know why I'd thought of this...guy as a kid. He was, like, two feet taller than me, with a strong jaw line and pretty- nope.

"Y-yeah, um, the Java Chip Frappe. It...uh, it's really good," I manage to say, trying to keep my cheeks from heating up- sometimes I'm such a girl. Like, seriously, Jessie? You're stuttering? You're blushing? Dear Lord, please help me- I've become one of them. Well, I was supposedly

"Yeah?" The guy raises a brow, and I can't help but shiver. Voice deep- er, his voice is deeper than I'd expected.

I bite my tongue and force myself to look up and meet his gaze, "Yeah. I've had it a few times, but I prefer their Mocha's."

Oh Lord, oh Lord, oh Lord. How come I'd never noticed him before?

Spoiler! :
I'M SORRY @AlmondEyes! I couldn't help myself. I didn't want to put him in there too much, so I kept it short- you don't have to make this interaction go any farther, I just thought it'd be interesting to have them finally meet- but if you want to make a post with them speaking more, I'd be fine with that. xD
Also, is this long enough? I hope this is long enough.
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

267 Reviews

Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:05 pm
Nike says...

Rupert Jean Franz

It's not that I was avoiding Colette, I just knew I'd be bad for her. If Hunter found out anything happened between us, I'd be done for. It's not that he would beat me up or anything, It's just that Colette would never talk to me because she would be on Hunter's side and I'd be nothing.

Maybe in another world.

We need the distance, it was safer. It would clear the air and we could be friends again. And maybe, hopefully, I wouldn't think about kissing her so much.

I did a stupid thing, I beat a kid up. I have no idea what his name was or who he was. All that mattered was that he was the scum under my shoe. And yeah, I got in trouble, but Colette deserves better treatment.

The Dean gave me two weeks of detention. Wonderful.

"Hey, Rup." it was Merrick.

I looked up from my phone and saw him talking to Jessie just a few feet away from me. It was after school and we decided to go to Starbucks. Man, she would definitely help me forget about Cole. Her eyes met mine and there was this worry in them. As if she was unsure of my standing.

I walked over with a smile, patting Merrick's shoulder.

"Jess, funny seeing you. Where have you been?" My heart stuttered in my chest.

"Just had some things to do." her voice was confident but her cheeks went bright pink.

"You missed a lot of action." Merrick laughed. "It's good to see you."

She grabbed the coffee that came up on the bar. Both Merrick and I were already set. I nodded at him, signaling that we should dip.

"Are you doing anything?" Merrick asked Jessie.

Her eyes widened. She looked at me for a moment, as if to confirm it was okay and then back at Merrick. What was her doing? I didn't ask for this? She shook her head and then said, "No, I'm not."

"Join us. We are going to his place to watch some movies." he suggested.

Sometimes Merrick was the best friend.

"Uh, yeah, okay."

I had said nothing in this whole conversation but yet it felt like this was my idea from the beginning. I wanted to see Jessie for a while now, I can't say I haven't thought of her, cause I had. And seeing her again made the feelings grow back. It was hard not to touch her.

The lights were dimmed and we were all on the couch, sunk in and immersed by the screen in front of us. I decided to play Pulp Fiction. It's a classic and Jessie claimed to have not watched it. Which is upsetting. It's Pulp Fiction, who hasn't seen it? Well, Jess.

It was the scene with Uma singing and drinking and finding the drugs. I looked over at Jessie and saw her eyes glued to the screen. She was sitting with her legs up to her chest, her phone just between them. They were holding it up. She was always on her phone, as if our presence bored her.

Or my presence made her uncomfortable.

That latter is most possible.

I swallowed hard and looked at my phone. Jessie had texted me and I didn't even read it. How surprising. I left it alone and swiped my phone open to text a few people back. She wasn't the only person I'd missed.

Cole had texted me too.

Are you okay? I saw the fight. You didn't have to. I was fine.

My heart skipped a beat as I wrote a reply.

I'm good, that guy though had quite the beating. LOL. He hurt you Cole, I had to do something.

Just a few seconds later came a reply.

Thanks. Really.

I'm sorry I've been avoiding you. I decided to say.

It's okay :)

I knew it wasn't. A bunch of gun shots came and my head shot up, alerted. I guess that was a way to get me back to my hang out. Both Merrick and Jessie laughed at me from my shock.

"What?" I huffed.

"It's just a movie, relax." Jessie said through laughs. "And maybe get off your phone!"

"Says the girl who's always on hers." I smirked.

She shook her head and looked back at the screen. I looked back at my phone and saw no messages. I didn't reply to Cole. I swiped it open and started to text back.

I didn't mean to be mean to you Cole. I just, I don't know what to do right now. I have feelings for you but you're with Hunter and he's a great guy. He really cares about you and it's not worth breaking up. You still like him, don't you?

It took a while for her to reply.

Spoiler! :

Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief