Young Writers Society

Lincoln Wood Private College Prep

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:32 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Paul Jenkins

I would catch her. She relied on me, she was the only one who looked at me twice and it was worth looking back. I smiled at her and she just waited, her eyes on mine.

"I would catch you. I will," I said.

It took her a while to do anything with what I said. But what she did was she smiled and wrapped her arms around my neck, hugging me. I wrapped her back, holding her close. The scent of her perfume traveled to my nose, it was fruity. I smiled against her shoulder as she pulled away.

"I gotta go home Paul," she said. "But thanks for catching me."

It didn't matter how cheesy thing who thing was, I was happy. Happy for her and happy for me.

I drove past Rupert's house. How I know it's his? Not only from the grandness, proof that his father was a millionaire, but also from the times I drove Dafnie here. It was a time when she didn't have a car and they were seeing each other. It my my stomach twist in knots. I saw another car in the drive, looked like Jessie's? Yes, was Jessie's. What was she doing there? When did she come back even?

Shaking my head, I decided to stop by Dafnie's. Her house was literally five minutes from here. Just a few blocks and one turn and done. She was there. It wasn't like she lived in a house like his, three story and castle-like. Her's was of decent size, still fancy because of her mother.

I pulled into the drive and hopped out of the car, shivering from the cold air that greeted me. Hopefully she was home. If anything, I could wait. I mean, her mother loves me and so does her father... if he was here.

I rang the doorbell and heard some running on the other end. My phone dinged from my pocket, so I pulled it out.

A text from Danny.

Before I could read it, the door opened. I looked up and saw Dafnie, her eyebrows arched together.

"Paul?" she smiled. "What are you doing here?"

"Bored." I replied.

"Oh-kay... I thought you were with Izzy, I saw you guys."

"She went home. Can I come in?"

She shifted her weight from one foot to the other and nodded. I walked around her as she shut the door. She took my coat and hung it on the hanger. The smell of some kind of roast flew past my nose. I wiggled my eyebrows and she knew I was thinking about the food.

"Our chef thought it'd be great to try this new recipe from the Food Network. You can try it once it's done." she said.

We walked up the flight of stairs to her room.

"I'm headed out to a party in an hour, wanna come with?" Dafnie said from in front of me.

We had reached her room and I shut the door behind us. "Sure,"

And that's where we went. It was loud, the music blasted through the house. A bunch of people I knew and didn't know were crowded everywhere. Dafnie was lost, somewhere, probably making out with a guy.

I was standing to the side with a drink in one hand and my phone in the other. As I was texting, I realized they had finally changed the music to something my ears wouldn't bleed to. I smiled and found Izzy's name on my contacts.

Hey, how are you? (: I wrote.

"Either you aren't a party guy, which doesn't match your face, or you have a girlfriend." some girl said from in front of me.

I looked up and met a magnificent being. From her mahogany eye to her glowing skin, I knew she was a star. Man that sounded terrible, but it was true. It was the one way I could describe her, a star. Her brown hair was pulled back into a slick pony.

"Jules, you?"

"Paul," I smiled.

Somehow I had managed to put my phone away and focus all my attention in her. She had on this tight dress that showed her curves in a way any girl would want her. Her hands were on her hips as she studied me for a good few seconds.

"Paul... hm, the name doesn't match. I'd call you Chad."

"Okay?" I laughed.

"So, Chad, wanna dance?"

Spoiler! :
@Desticakes101 @Avalon
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

267 Reviews

Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:54 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Dafnie Serena Leto

Ha, I fucked up. I should have maybe not said that to Cole. She can learn on her own that the better guy for her s Hunter. Rupert likes to have his win and this is one of the girls he is going to try to keep. It'll make him look better.

And since he beat up that guy for her... he's really looking like a perfect guy for any girl. He looks like a prince, a knight. Like the Prince Charming on that white horse every girl dreams of. And that's the idea.

Paul came with me to this party my friend Marty threw. He's a college guy, second year at Yale. I hooked up with him once or twice and we just stayed friends, it was the smart thing. He was my freshman-year-of-high-school-mistake... and not the only one. I don't speak of Freshman Year. And Paul knows why. Everyone at Lincoln knows why.

I hadn't had a drink yet and wasn't exactly planning to, somehow, the party wasn't suiting me. I didn't wanna be here. Maybe someone would hang with me. I had Paul, I could talk to him... but I didn't want to.

Something had to have happened between us that one night at Jessie's because it feels so weird between us. So when he showed up at my doorstep, I wasn't all too happy about it.

I found my phone and texted Hawthorne.

Hey Rose, you busy? Wanna go out for coffee?

I sent the same message to Cole and then to Jessie. I've spoken to Jessie a few times before and I saw her come back. She looked a bit upset, maybe a friend would help her out.

I'm actually at Rup's right now, wanna join?

So she's definitely with a friend, and a good one at that. I shouldn't go cause I would be third wheeling. And, well, this proves that Rupert is not committed to Colette in any way. No matter that he kissed her, he looks good in front of Jess.

I'm good actually... I don't wanna see him. I replied.

Oh? I don't blame you. But I'm the only girl here...

Fine, fine. I'll come.

His house happened to be a few doors down so I could totally dip. I escaped the loud music and the drunk bastards into the cold starry night. I saw Rupert's house across the street. The light were on in the basement. I hugged myself and made my way over.

Once I reached the estate, I rang the doorbell and texted Jessie that I was here. Next thing I knew, the door was open and Rupert looked down at my all confused.

We had done something we shouldn't have like a week ago. That also confirms he wasn't good for Cole.

"Jessie invited me." I said.

"Alright, come in."

He led me to the basement, like I didn't know. I remembered. Some kind of dailoge could be heard from the stairs, they were watching a movie. We reached the bottom floor and I joined Jessie on the couch, sitting between her and Merrick, I did not want to be anywhere near Rupert.

This made us all squished and I could see Jessie's cheeks grow pink. She was too close to Rupert to be okay. But she could handle herself.

"Thanks for coming." She whispered to me.

"No problem." I smiled.

I looked at the TV and saw it was John Travolta talking. Ah, Pulp Fiction. I knew it was Rupert's idea too. It was the one movie he would never let me hate. And I hate it to this day. I took my phone out and saw an unread message from Izzy.

Hey Daf!

I should have texted her. She may have taken me somewhere better. I can still dip... though it'd definitely look bad on my part since I just got here.

Hey Iz, what's up?

A casual convo could lead to hangout which could take a while and make me look okay. I looked to my right and saw Merrick on his phone too, occasionally looking at the screen. And then at me. I was staring for too long. I smiled and looked back at the screen, feeling my cheeks burn up.

Spoiler! :

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:23 pm
View Likes
NicoleBri says...

Isabelle

Paul and I hugged one last time before I had to part ways. I felt a tingly feeling through my chest and I knew it would be a good thing.

Once I got home I noticed I already had a text from Paul,

Hey how are you :D it had said,

I smiled and replied, I'm okay. Sorry, I just got home. I miss you already!

It sent and I sat on my bed. Immediately I was bored and just felt like taking a nap, but I wouldn't. The front door opened and I knew it was him. "Isabelle get in here!" my father yelled. I was already worried, I slid my phone in my pocket and walked in.

"Yes?" I ask. His eyes were blood shot and he picked me up by my throat. "Where the hell have you been?" he yelled in a low growl.

I couldn't breathe and I just slapped at him. He finally put me down for me to reply. "I..I was at school." I told him through gasps and tears. He looked like he had been out drinking or something and I ran back to my room, luckily he left me alone.

I pulled my phone out and saw a text from Dafnie. I was relieved, maybe she would come and hang out with me somewhere.

Hey Iz, what's up? the text had said.

Daf please meet me at Starbucks. I really need you right now. I sent the text and she quickly called me like 2 seconds later.

"Iz, what's wrong?" she asked in a whisper, she sounded like she was busy or something. "I..I just need someone to talk to, I need to get away from this place." I replied.

"I'm kind of at Ruperts with Jess and Merrick but if you need me ill be there." she told me, I felt bad and didn't want to bother her.

"If you are busy then that's okay. I'm going to go though. I'll talk to you in a bit." I tell her and we hang up. I quickly got my jacket and car keys and went to get an iced carmel toffee coffee.

Once I arrived there I noticed Collin was inside reading some paper.

"Hey." I tell him, hoping my tears and red face and gone away. He gave me a half smile and I ordered my coffee and sat with him. "Where have you been?" I asked. He just shrugged.

"I just came from the library." he answered. My phone beeped and it was a text from Paul.

Iz are you okay??? Dafnie texted me that something was wrong.

I sighed, yes Paul was my boyfriend but Daf didn't need to be that worried.

It's not a big deal. Don't worry about me. I sent it and put my phone back in my pocket.

"So why have you been ignoring me for like ever?" I asked Collin. His face turned a little red, I knew he knew what I was talking about. "I haven't been ignoring you." he replied. I got the vibe that he was like mad at me or something.

I got up and went to get a lifestyle magazine. I needed some reading time.

I read the magazine for about thirty minutes and then I looked up to see Paul walking in, I was a little happy but he didn't have to be so worried about me.

"Hey." he said to me and sat down beside me.

"Hey, I told you not to worry about me." I tell him.

Spoiler! :
@Nike and @Shiney
Last edited by NicoleBri on Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:57 pm
View Likes
Gravity says...

Cole
I didn't mean to be mean to you Cole. I just, I don't know what to do right now. I have feelings for you but you're with Hunter and he's a great guy. He really cares about you and it's not worth breaking up. You still like him, don't you?

His words echoed in my ears. Did I still like Hunter? Yeah, to a degree. I liked the way he looked at me, I liked his laugh and his eyes. But I changed after my accident. And Hunter was by my side every minute. But he didn't change with me. He was the guy Colette would've been with. I was Cole, I realized life was too short to take risks.

But I also knew the "I have feelings for you but" he may have brought up Hunter but he and I both knew what this was really about. Jessie. I hated her. I hated her more than I ever hated anybody. And Rupert...

I began to type. I love you

My finger hovered over the send button. All it would take was one move. And he would probably jump to be with me. I erased the letters, hitting the backspace as fast as possible.

Of course. This was just a big mistake. Friends? I hit send and then I dialed Hunter's number.

"Hey." he sounded surprised to hear from me.

"Will you come over?" I asked, trying to sound as happy as possible.

"Of course," he said before hanging up. And when he got here I pulled his lips down to mine, kissing him harder than we ever had before. I needed a distraction.

"I want to," I whispered. He backed away in surprise.

"What?"

"I want to. I'm ready." He looked down at me after I spoke.

"Is it going to hurt you or..." He looked like he didn't want to ask. Would I feel it? I knew I would. Hoped, at least. So I nodded and he lifted me from my chair, carrying me up the stairs and into my room.

Then he climbed on top of me, gently removing the clothes from both of our bodies as he kissed up my neck and to my mouth.

"I love you," he whispered and I froze, my good hand dropping from his chest. He lifted his head slightly, his eyes traveling over my bare body.

"I love you." He repeated himself. We'd said it before, reserving it for only the most special occasions. And I opened my mouth to say it back but I couldn't.

"Cole." Tears gathered in my eyes and I wanted to cover myself, I felt so much shame.

"Please," I whispered. I still wanted it. I needed to forget.

"No," He said, looking at me as if he didn't know me before moving to put my clothes back on me.

"Just go," I said before he could finish, beginning to cry. Because the truth was it wasn't Hunter I wanted. I wanted Rupert. Not physically yet, but I wanted him. And when Hunter grabbed his clothes and stormed out of the room, I pulled my covers up and watched the room get dark, tears streaming down my face until I dozed into a fitful sleep.

Only I could fail at trying to lose my virginity.
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

46 Reviews

Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:15 pm
NicoleBri says...

April Elizabeth

Today was my first official day in Seattle, Washington. I wanted to get a start on the town and also find out where Isabelle would be. It was about 5ish when I actually got into the town.

"Mom, I am going to go take a trip around the town." I told her and picked up my purse. She nodded her approval to me and I smiled, I truly loved her and yes she might be an adoptive parent but she and my father are the only ones I ever really knew.

I closed the door behind myself and got into my 2012 Ford Mustang, it was a total babe and I loved it. My parents bought it for me on my 17th birthday right after they took me to get my license.

I took a little stroll down like 2 blocks and there it was, a wonderfully delicious Starbucks. I smiled to myself and went into the parking lot, I walked inside and the smell of all different coffees just flourished into my nostrils. I was in love.

"I'd like to order a small Carmel Mocha Frappe please." I tell the lady. "That is $1.45." I loved how cheap the place was and I looked around as I gave her a 5 dollar bill. "April? Is that really you?" I heard someone ask,

I turned around and instantly pounced on Isabelle. There she was! "Yes it's me goof." I yelled to her, we hugged and I just didn't want to let go.

"What on God's lovely earth are you doing here?" Isabelle asked, I couldn't help but smile.

"I'm coming to Lincoln Prep." I tell her. We both squealed and I got my frappe. Right then I noticed a hot guy coming up, she turned to him and that's when I noticed she knew him, more on a personal level.

"April this is Paul." she said.

I instantly bit my lip and smiled, "Hello there, Paul." I said. He smiled back and shook my hand.

"He's my boyfriend." Isabelle interrupted my thoughts. Great. Of course he is. I thought to myself.

"Paul this is my best friend April, she is from Michigan. Turns out she will be coming to school with us!" Isabelle said all happily.

We all three took a seat at a table, Issy and I had so much to catch up on. "Iz, I really need to talk to you, in private." Paul said. He looked concerned about her. "I'm fine baby." she replied. He furrowed his brow as if he knew she was lying, I even knew she was.

"If you need to go I'll catch up another time Iss!"I told her. She sighed but agreed, her and Paul quickly left out of the coffee shop.

Once alone again, I sat there and took in the wonderful coffee smell along with its delicious frappe. "Who are you?" I heard someone ask. I looked up and smiled, it was a girl of average height, very beautiful.

"My name is April, I'm new here." I replied.

Spoiler! :
The girl could be anyone.

Spoiler! :

- Ayn Rand

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:03 pm
View Likes
Ciblio says...

Jessie

Spoiler! :
Hey! Look at me, actually posting kind of on time! Kay, so, I WANTED this to be longer, but I didn't want to make it too long, so I kinda just ended it there...but if there's any problems with anything, just tell me and I'll gladly change it!

I loved the movie- it was absolutely amazing. I'd always had a thing for old movies, and it just so happened that this was from the 90s, which made me like it even more. I could feel Rupert's eyes on me as I leaned forward on the couch, but I refused to meet his gaze. Instead, I pretended I didn't see him, and started intently at the TV.

After a minute, a warm hand slid around my waist, and I leaned back, shocked: Rupert.

"What?" I almost snap, but my voice comes out soft, quiet. Why'd he touch me?

"I thought you were going to fall," He raised a brow, pulling his arm back.

No, you wanted an excuse to touch me- but it's not like I was complaining. He just startled me, not that I'd say that to him.

With a light shrug, I lift myself up and run a hand through my hair, "Where's the bathroom?"

I didn't want to look at him- I didn't want him to take this as an opportunity to follow me. But then again, I did. He's all I've wanted for the past few weeks, but now I'm in his house, and I have a chance to make this happen, but I'm conflicted. It's not right.

"Upstairs, to the left," Rupert answers after a second, and I could see it- I could see the small smirk playing across his lips. Lips- the lips I craved the touch of, and- no. I can't do that.

As I nod, I begin to climb up the stairs, and when I reach the top I pause. Did I know what would happen if I came here? Is that why I came? I had to of. But he'd already made it clear- he didn't want a relationship. He only wanted to have fun, and if that were the case then I wasn't going to waste my time. But I wanted to- I wanted to waste my time on him, on his charming antics, dazzling smile, soft lips, I wanted it. I wanted him.

Sweat, loud music, two bodies dancing together...no, not dancing. Ferocious love- rough movements, not love. A flash of blonde hair, a glimpse of black- desperate for the other.

I touch my hand to my forehead and shake my head. No, we couldn't have. Did we? I wanted to cry- did I give my last bit of pureness to somebody who wouldn't cherish it?

I jumped as a deep voice rumbled behind me, "Thought you had to go to the bathroom."

The tears wanted to come, but they refused- waiting until I knew for sure. In a low, shaky voice, I ask, "D-did..."

I turn to face him, and Rupert's face is impassive- bare of emotion, and I couldn't ask it, no, I couldn't, "Did...you say the bathroom was left or right?"

He knew that's not what I wanted to knew- I could see it in his eyes. Curiosity, disbelief, I wanted to throw myself at him, "Left."

With a nod, I turn sharply on my heel, and find the bathroom easily. The door creaks open, and I step in, flip the light on, and shut the door before I feel it- a warm drop of liquid sailing down my cheek, leaving a wet trail. No, I'm not here to cry. I'm here to hang out with the guy I fell for, Merrick, and Daf.

I dabbed the streak away and glance at myself in the mirror before washing my hands and leaving the room. I didn't even need to use the restroom- I just needed to escape for a few minutes. That's all.

I found the others in the same spots they were in when I left, except for Rupert. He was nowhere in sight. I pause at the doorway and bite at my lip before asking, "Where is he?"

Daf lifts her eyes from her phone and raises a brow, "Thought he was with you."

I shake my head- why would he be with me? "Oh well, doesn't matter."

Sparing one last look behind me, I settle back into my still warm spot and train my attention on the TV, "What's happened?"

"Some boxer dude killed somebody," Daf shrugs. "I haven't really been paying attention."

I nod with a smile and rest my chin on my palm, "Don't like it?"

"Hate it," Daf mumbles after a second, going back to her phone.

I let out a laugh and stare at the screen, but I can't focus now. I keep thinking about what I saw- a flashback, or something. I bowed my head and closed my eyes so I could concentrate, try and remember what all was happening.

A flash of blonde, a glimpse of black- desperate for the other. Hunger seeps into their skin, taking control of their bodies. Hair pulling, moans erupting from their lips-

"I brought popcorn," Rupert's deep voice interrupts my thoughts, and I snap my eyes open and stare at him. For a second, all I saw was his shirtless body hanging over my bare one, and our lips meeting, and- "Hello? Earth to Jessie?"

I blink, and furrow my eyebrows slightly, "Hm?"

"Scoot over some," He grinned, and I had to look away. We did. We did it. I moved my legs under me and looked back at the TV. He plopped down next to me, and I flinched when our arms touched- every touch was us grasping for each other, trying to get more. Every look was filled with lust. I leaned back into the couch and bit down on my lip.

This was gonna be a long night.

Spoiler! :
@AlmondEyes @Nike MUAHAHAHAHA
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:43 pm
View Likes
Sunshine says...

Alright, due to the encouraging of @AlmondEyes, I want to give this a try again. We'll see how it goes. Can someone update me on the relationship statuses, though. I've been skimming, but I'm a little confused.

Adah Lone

Whoever decide that High School was a time of life changes was an absolute idiot. I think there are opportunities for change, but change doesn't often happen. Teenagers are too lazy.

We're a few months in, and I'm still hanging out with the same people, doing the same things. I'm bored out of my mind, but I'm too scared to actually do anything about it. Changes come with repercussions I don't think I'm prepared for.

I was three pages in to a AP Chemistry Essay (which is, by the way, the worst and most effectively useless subject to write an essay in) when I decided to take a coffee break. There's a place not far from campus that people usually go to. I would go there, because it's usually pretty crowded, but they have great coffee. Seriously yummy coffee.

Anyway, it's the schools place, so a lot of the kids are still wearing the Lincoln Wood emblem emblazoned across their chest. People are too proud to go here, I think, that they have to brag about it in their outfits.

I order my frappe with hazelnut and extra whipped cream. I've only recently discovered all the insane additions to a caffeinated drink that I still have to experiment. I prepare to take my seat next to the window, a small booth area with a good view of the window, only to see that someone else is sitting there. It's not a good spot for socializing, so I've only hit this problem once. That first time, I found another seat. This time... what was that thing about changing your life?

"Who are you?" I ask.

Oh. That sounded annoyed. I didn't mean for it to come out that way!

She turns around, and smiles at me. "My name is April, I'm new here."

I take a deep breath. "Adah. Do you mind if I sit here?"

She nods, looking pleased. I don't think, in my whole minute of knowing her, to look falter in happiness once.

I hoist my way up to the seat sipping my drink so I don't have to look directly at her again.

"So, you're going to attend school at Lincoln Wood?"

"Yep! I'm pretty excited. It's a great school. Do you?"

"Oh, yeah. I have been, actually. I really like it here, for the most part."

I look directly at her. She's slightly Asian, really small. The more I look at her face, the more I like it. Her brown eyes have depth, her cheekbones reach about as high as any British Celebrity. The glance I have of her collarbone show well-carved, pale skin and...

Right. Focus.

Another sip of fancy caffeinated drink. I hope I don't have whipped cream on my face. That is not how you impress people. "Where are you from?"

"Michigan. It's a long ways away, but I'm sure I'll like it here! I've always wanted to live in a city."

"Really? I have relatives in Dearborn." I wonder if she'll pick anything up from that. There are a lot of Muslims in Dearborn. "I've always wanted to visit. It's supposed to be really beautiful over there."

I feel like I'm doing well. I'm talking to someone new! It makes me want to try and talk to Hawthorne again. I feel like we could be friends, but we haven't shared anything but alternate Flute fingerings since that party.

April shrugs. "I guess so. I never really got to go to the Upper Peninsula, which is where it's really nice." She takes a long swig of her drink. "It's been nice talking to you. Maybe I'll see you during school?"

"Yeah, I hope so. It's been nice talking to you."

April jumps down, throwing her drink in the nearest garbage can. I'm about to open my laptop when she turns back around.

"Wait, Adah? Do you think-"

@NicoleBri I wasn't sure, but maybe adah could give April a tour of town?
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

271 Reviews

Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:37 am
View Likes
Gravity says...

Cole
Valentine's Day. Americans seem to obsess over it and apparently the students at Lincoln Wood was going to dress up festively. Not everyone though. I bet some of the guys wouldn't. Maybe even the more cynical girls. And after what happened with Hunter? I didn't really want to celebrate. But nobody else knew about us, we decided to keep it a secret for the moment. Maybe try to work things out.

"Hey there, gorgeous!" Dafnie said as she waltzed into my room, carrying a red dress.

After helping me shower, shave, and put on makeup, I was ready. She pulled the dress up and even I did a double take. It was a red fit and flare with black lace. It went a few inches above my knees and the sleeves went to my elbows. I had on black tights and a pair of black, heeled, lace up ankle boots. My lips were painted red and my blonde hair was curled and arranged to frame my face in what almost (almost) resembled a 50s pin up fashion. My liner was done dramatically but tastefully in black, again, resembling a pin up girl. The outfit shouldn't have worked with the retro hair and makeup. But for whatever reason? It did. To make the red more apparent, she gave me subtle earrings and a few cute bangles.

"Dafnie, you've outdone yourself." She just grinned and stood there for a while, fluffing my hair a little.

"Hunter and Rupert are so gonna eat their hearts out." She wheeled me out and into the car before putting my chair in the house. I had another one at school that was motorized, courtesy of LW prep.

She was right. Hunter bent down to give me a kiss on the cheek as I was put into my chair at school, but Dafnie shooed him a way.

"Uh, no. You are not smudging my masterpiece." He silently put his hand on my shoulder, avoiding my eyes as he walked away. Dafnie looked between us as Hunter walked away, arching an eyebrow.

"I should go," I said.

"Why? We have 20 minutes before the bell," She said hesitantly.

"Yes but I have a few gifts to hand out." She shrugged so I turned to the sea of red that was the LW student body.

"Oh wait, Dafnie. Here." I pulled out a box. Inside were feathered earrings.

"I got these off a street vendor in Paris." I said the name of the city the proper way, adding my own French flair. She grinned and put them in.

"Thanks Cole!" I wheeled away. Then I took a deep breath, taking a red padlock out of my bag. The kind with a key.

I wheeled up to Rupert's locker. He wasn't here yet, he never was until right before the bell. I hooked the padlock around the stem of his combo lock, so he could get it free once he opened his locker. Then I taped a note on his locker. Happy Valetine's Day I didn't sign my name. Or he might get it.

I wheeled to my first period class, a blush forming in my cheeks. A padlock? Sounds weird. No, it's not because of the "you have the key to my heart" thing. That's so cliche. but there's a bridge in France called love lock bridge. Couples all around the world write their names on the padlock and hook it to the fence by the bridge. I liked Rupert, and he was the one I wanted to have my padlock. Even if we didn't stay together forever, he would always be my friend.

I just hoped he didn't figure out who left him the note. I prayed he would hope it was Jessie because the last thing I needed was more drama.

As I went through my classes, Seeing Rupert in French as he inspected the note and the lock over and over again, I was in a perpetual haze. Then the French teacher spotted the lock.

"Ah, Rupert. Did you receive that from a special someone?" She cooed, her native French accent filtering through.

"Oui, Madame," He replied, looking up at her. "Or, I think I did. I'm not sure who left it for me. Kinda weird."

"No, Monsieur. It's time for a culture lesson." She went on to tell about the tradition of love lock bridge. I felt so stupid, of course this would've happened. He looked from the look and back at me. I did my best "play dumb" expression but I could tell he wasn't buying it. That was okay, I had another plan.

After class I wheeled up to him. "Rupert!" He turned around as I called his name, holding up the lock.

"I have a gift for you!" I said, pulling out a woven bracelet. It was done in browns and greens, very masculine. Very... him. He looked me up and down, from my heels to my perfectly coiffed hair. I hoped he liked what he saw. He was the only guy here I wanted to impress.

"I got your gift. The lock, right?" He held it up and I stared at him blankly.

"I didn't leave that for you. You heard what Madame said. Love locks are for lovers. We're just friends." Something flashed across his face. Disappointment? Confusion? I tried to push the thoughts out of my head as I handed him the bracelet.

"Thanks," He said. And that was that.

I didn't get anything for Hunter.

Spoiler! :
love lock bridge is real. Just thought it would be neat since V-day passed Image

46 Reviews

Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:28 pm
NicoleBri says...

April Elizabeth

"Wait Adah? Do you think you can give me a tour of the town?" I asked. At first I thought of taking a tour alone but how can you really explore without someone who actually knows the place? Besides, I'd like to get to know her.

She looked at her computer for a second and then decided to take my offer, she put her computer back up and smiled at me and we both left out of the door. "So how long have you been coming here?" I asked her.

"Lets just say, quite awhile." she replied. "Can we take my car?" I asked. She nodded and I walked to my driver side and she got in on the other side. "Wow, nice car." she told me. I smiled, at least I wasn't the only one who thought that.

"My parents got it for me last year on my birthday. I'll be turning 18 on the 3rd of January. I can't wait." I told her. "Where to go first?" I asked.

"Take a left at the light and drive two blocks, then it'll be a straight shot for like 3 miles. This place is gorgeous, especially at night." She told me. I smiled, I loved things like that.

"What Is it called?" I asked.

"It's called the Space Needle. It is a restaurant and you go 605 feet up in the air, it is really pretty. I haven't personally ate there, not yet anyways." She answered.

We rode a good distance and there it was. It really was pretty, even in the daylight. I smiled and just stared up at it. "I want to eat there." I told her.

"I heard they have killer steak." Adah said.

"That's my favorite type of meat." I responded. We both couldn't help but laugh. "You know, we just got here and I already feel like I explored a billion places. I want you to give me a tour of the school whenever we go there. If you can't then I will ask Isabelle too." I told her.

She nodded. "I'll just go ahead and take you home." I told her. We stared at the space needle one last time before driving off.

---------First Day At Lincoln Prep-------------

It was the day after Valentines day, which I didn't have a Valentine but from my mother, everyone seemed to be dressed in colors like pink and red, I found it kind of odd but wasn't about to judge.

I pulled out my schedule from my purse and noticed I only had five classes, at least for today. This school was already quite weird.

"April!" Isabelle squealed once she saw me. I was happy to be going to school with her, after all, she was my best friend.

"I'm sorry I had to leave you the other day. Paul and I just needed to talk." she told me. I smiled, "Iz, you don't have to explain your personal life to me." I told her. It seemed to me Isabelle was in a pretty great mood.

"Why are you so happy? Did you get laid last night or something?" I asked, jokily. She smiled but didn't utter a word. "You did!" I sort of yell. We both laugh and start walking, I guess we were headed to her locker. "Can you show me where this class is?" I asked and pointed to French class. "Indeed so."

We walked passed many people, Isabelle was quite known to this school, which was quite interesting. "What did you do after I left?" Isabelle asked me. "I met Adah, and she showed me a few places of the town." I replied.

"She is a pretty girl." she told me. I had to agree with her on that. "Well this is where I leave you." Isabelle said. We hugged and she left down the hall.

Once I walked into French class everyone stared at me. I smiled and just sat at the back of the class. I sort of listened in on conversations and heard something about a guy named Rupert. Then others just began to ramble on about how their Valentines day was.

"You must be April." someone said. I smiled and looked up at them, it was two people staring at me.

Spoiler! :
This could be anyone

- Ayn Rand

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:10 pm
View Likes
Sunshine says...

Also, guys, we need to talk about the time stuff. I thought it was, like, November. So...yeah.

Adah Lone

My alarm goes off like a ringing in my head, a warning that I'm letting great opportunities slide through my hands. Every morning, the alarm likes to tell me I'm nobody, because that's the best time to do it.

I slide out of bed. Not today. I stand in front of my closet instead of quickly grabbing my regular jeans and top that has enough swish to make me happy. Today, I will use my limited knowledge of fashion and the advice my friend Jules gave me to go to school a little nicer. I stare and stare at my closet, wishing for something to come to me.

I end up putting on one of my thin, patterned collared shirts under a sweater. I put on a pair of skinny jeans and my lace-up brown boots. It wasn't a lot, but it was something. After breakfast, I go to do my mascara. I see a tube of bright red lipstick laying in the make-up supplies. My big sister must have left it there last time she came home. She's a lot more comfortable with herself than I am. I have a stare down with that lipstick, and finally resolve to putting some on. I smile at myself in the mirror, quickly wiping away the bits that got stuck on my teeth.

There. Take that, alarm clock. Adah Lone is out to be somebody.

Eating with lipstick on is really freaking hard. My sandwich bread is now partially tinted pink, and I'm sure my teeth have resorted back to lipstick stained. between her giggles, Jules tells me that my lipstick isn't actually smeared that bad.

"The fact that you're laughing is not doing a lot for restoring my faith in you."

"Adah, it's fine, I swear. I just love that you're having this struggle. Don't get any on your cute outfit!"

I shake my head at her taking a swig of my milk. There's red lipstick on the carton, too. I manage to finish my sandwich in a remaining gulp.

"I'm going to go reapply."

"Adah, you look-" Jules starts, but her boyfriend bumps her shoulder.

"You are always encouraging her to go full out, yeah? Adah wants to get more lipstick on everything, we cheer her on!"

I scrunch up my nose at him. Jules boyfriend is a Swedish foreign exchange student, and I like everything about him except how much time he takes up of Jules.

I slip out from the table, taking my lunch box with me. I'm heading to the bathroom when I hear someone humming.

LWCP is very much like a real college, where you eat when you have time between classes. This is the end of the lunch period, and there aren't a lot of people in the lunchroom or adjacent hallway. The only other room around here is the storage for the Drama costumes. That's where the humming is coming from. I shouldn't go check it out, but their humming a song I really liked and I keep promising myself change.

I peek into the room.

It's Collin Maye. We travel around in roughly similar social circles, so he's somebody I kind of know. I can't really tell what he's doing, pulling costumes onto his lap, measuring and chopping.

So I ask. "What are you doing?"

He turns around, surprised. I'm worried he'll stab his hand with whatever sharp objects he's clearly holding. "Oh! Um, hi, Adah." His face is a little red at being surprised. "The drama team asked me to make some alterations to these costumes. I'm a little behind."

The music from phone turns to a different song, one I like just as much. "Are you adding to them or just hemming?"

He looks surprised at my terminology. "A little of both. Some patching. These costumes are really old. Do you know how to sew?"

I look down at my fingers, small and nimble. "The basics. My Grandmother taught me."

"That's cool."

I don't know what to say. I don't feel like I can just go, 'Alright, I'll just leave you with all this work. See ya!'

"I've got a half an hour until my next class. Do you need any help?"

He smiles. "Yeah, thanks." He hands me a dress. "The pins are already in place. Do you think you could hem it?"

I don't know what I'm doing, but gosh darn it, I'm doing it. Must be the red lipstick.

@shiney
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:45 am
View Likes
Ciblio says...

Collin

Spoiler! :
I know we don't know what we're in yet, so I left the first part in there, but I'll change it once we get the time thing figured out.

"Valentines day- the day every man dreads. You can't escape a needy woman, especially when you've committed yourself to her," Collin murmurs to his sister, causing her to giggle profusely. "I'm serious. You're an exception, though. You're not a blood thirsty demon...yet."

Harley continued to laugh at what he'd said, and after she settled down, she rested her head back on his shoulder, "So? There anyone special you're gonna spend your day with?"

"And waste my money on? No way," He pauses, then sighs, "She has a boyfriend, and it just so happens...that he's one of my best friends. Or, I guess he is. Yeah. Paul Jenkins."

"What?" Her head shot up, and she looked slightly angry. "She knew you liked her, right? Why did you guys stop talking?"

He shrugs, and props his feet up on the coffee table, "I dunno. Doesn't matter, I don't really care."

But he did. When he saw her at Starbucks, cheeks puffy, makeup slightly runny, nose red, in a vulnerable state, he just wanted her. He didn't just want to fix her, he wanted her. Isabel, the cheerful girl that could light up anybody's day just by smiling at them.

"You're still not any good at lying," Harley sighs as she pulls her phone out of her pocket and unlocks it, "You're a, what, Sophomore? And you've still never had a girlfriend? You need to get out there, Con."

"My name isn't Conner anymore, Harley," Collin snaps, tired of the old nickname. "And my 'love life' isn't any of your business, so don't worry about it."

"Yeah, yeah," The girl waves, and he rolls his eyes. She never took him seriously. "Luther wants to grab lunch. Wanna come?"

"Yeah, whatever," Collin grumbles. "Let me change real quick."

"So how's school?" Luther's deep voice rumbles from across Collin, "Lee tells me you go to Lincoln Prep."

Collin shrugs and twirls his straw in his cup, "I do. It's...okay."

It was more than okay- the classes were amazing, especially his Sewing class. His judgement over the school, though, was clouded by the people he'd encountered so far. Jessie, the rich girl that was never told no. Rupert, the supposed bad boy of the school. Dafnie, one of the most outgoing and sociable people he'd ever met. Paul, the funny player. Cole, the pretty French girl that he'd thought he'd had a crush on, but soon realized was just a mere fascination by her culture. The quiet girl that hung out with Daf and Cole, the one he still hadn't met yet. Isabel, the girl who couldn't see past her problems. And himself.

"Quit being so quiet, Con," Harley sighs, "It's weird."

"I've just been thinking," Collin pauses, then lifts his eyes to meet hers and continues. "What did you want to talk about?"

"Girls!" His foster sibling squeals, "It's about time you get out and experiment, and I'm going to help you."

"Oh, no you're not," Collin shakes his head and sets his cup back on the table. "I don't need your help."

"Obviously you need somebody's help, and I don't see Monica jumping to help you, or Jim eager to help his son with girls," Harley frowns at him, "Collin-"

"You playing matchmaker never works out the way you plan, Lee," Collin sighs, "I need to work on my education, anyways. Girls aren't my main priority."

Before the girl could reply, the waitress slid over to their table with a polite smile on her face and a notebook in her hand, "Can I take your orders?"

Lunch the next day was spent in the room that stored the Drama costumes. Collin let out a soft sigh and pressed his foot lower on the pedal, causing the sewing machine to work faster.

The soft hum of the machine soothed Collin's wandering mind, and helped him focus on repairing the costumes. Though, on Collin's phone, there's a song playing- the constant buzzing of the machine drowned it out of Collin'd ears, though.

Once he reached the end of the seam, Collin removed his foot from the pedal and switched the machine off, set the costume on a pile next to him, and grabbed another one. As he grabbed a pair of fabric shears, he glanced at his phone, noticing that it was buzzing now- text message. After a few seconds it stopped, and his music turned back on, now playing a more up beat song. Collin hummed along, making sure to stay on beat as he bobbed his head slightly.

It was like that for about 20 minutes, Collin measuring the correct about of fabric, then chopping off the unnecessary cloth. He was so focused on his work, he didn't hear somebody come in until the speaker, a girl, spoke suddenly.

"What are you doing?"

Who was that? Somebody he knew? He didn't recognize the voice, though. When he twisted around, cautious of the person, his face heated up and he instantly recognized the girl- Adah Lone. 'That one chick', as Paul called her. Not Collin- no. He knew her- or, well, he'd met her. He basically only knew her name and what she looked like. They were only mutual friends- didn't really associate, except for a few times they were in the same crowd.

Collin realized his mind had wandered off, and blinked hard, feeling the heat in his cheeks grow, "Oh! Um...hi, Adah." He paused, glanced down at the costume in his lap and said, "The drama team asked me to make some alterations to these costumes. I'm a little behind."

Why was she in here? Was his music too loud? Collin listened to see if it was loud, but it wasn't- the song changed, and Collin looked back up at Adah, who was still standing there. Just standing there.

"Are you adding to them or just hemming?" She asked, and he took note of the spark of interest that flickered in her eyes. Did she sew?

Collin couldn't help but feel surprised- he hadn't thought of Adah as one to know anything about this category, "A little of both. Some patching. These costumes are really old. Do you know how to sew?"

He watched as the girl bowed her head- looking at her hands, he'd guessed, "The basics. My Grandmother taught me."

He was quiet for a moment, pondering on that- imaging Adah as a little girl, sitting with as elderly woman as she tried to push a thread through needle, "That's cool."

Adah stood there, looking uncomfortably awkward. Collin wanted to say something, but he didn't know what. He didn't talk to a lot of girls, so it was awkwardly silent until she said, "I've got half and hour until my next class. Do you need any help?"

Of course he did- it was always interesting to find somebody who shared the same interest as him, "Yeah, thanks." Collin pulls the dress from off the desk in front of him and holds it out to her, then smiles when she takes it, "The pins are already in place. Do you think you could hem it?"

Adah thought for a second, then nodded with a smile, "I can try."

Collin turned his music up a bit and pulled another costume off of the pile next to him, "So how've you been? We haven't talked in awhile."

He glances at Adah as she shrugs, and catches a from her lips in the light- lipstick. He'd never seen her wear lipstick, especially vibrantly colored lipstick like that. But it suited her, made her stand out more. Collin tore his eyes away from her once she looked up from the dress.

"I've been good," Adah mumbles after a second, returning her gaze back on the dress hesitantly, "What about you?"

Collin lays the bright orange dress across the desk and shrugs slightly, "Not exactly at my highest point, but not at my lowest, either."

Adah nodded, as if she understood. The two fell into a lapse of silence, and it took everything he had not to break the dreadful quiet that was seeping into him, forcing him to think, making him bring back the thoughts- "You okay?"

Collin snapped his head up, and caught her looking at him with a thoughtful expression, then mumbled a, "Yeah, sorry," and continued with measuring the dress in front of him.

The thirty minutes passed slowly, and it was worse when neither of them said anything- neither daring to break the silence, in case they distracted the other. Collin cleared his throat as the bell finally rang, and slumped his shoulders as Adah crinkled her nose and stood up.

"That's my que," She grumbled as she gathered her things. "Sorry I couldn't stay for longer."

Collin got up as well, and forced a smile, "It's all right- at least you had some time. Thanks, again, for helping, Adah."

"You're welcome. So...I guess I'll see you around." She sighed, then waved at him as she walked towards the door.

"See you later!" He called after she'd already disappeared out the door. "Hopefully..."

Even though they hadn't spoken much, it was nice to have company, but now that his company was gone, he felt awkward and lonely again. Oh well- back to work.

Spoiler! :
So this is decently long. It's also Collin's first post in, like...forever. Well, more like a month- maybe two- but who cares? I kinda do, actually.
@Sunshine, tell me if anything's wrong, okay? Also, INTERACTIOONNN! WHOO!
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

267 Reviews

Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:41 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Paul Jenkins

Isabelle looked upset, like something was wrong and she was letting that eat her up. And she wouldn't tell me what it was. It was her luck that she saw her friend April.

And she was nice. Seemed a bit shy, but nice.

But I really wanted to figure out what was going on with Izzy.

It wasn't like I could actually even get to her. She has these walls and nothing will knock them down. Or even dent them. So, I did what I could.

I took her home and she slept over.

The next morning was a weekend, so I let her sleep in. The good thing about being rich is the fact that my parents bought me an apartment so I could be on my own. Sure after I finish high school I'll have to start paying for it... but for now, I'm good. I already have a job, so I'm just saving money for college and adult life.

When I got up, I decided to do some homework and not bother her sleeping. I sat in my kitchen, pretty minimalistic, and typed away on my laptop. Some soft rock was playing from the computer.

I hummed to The Neighbouhood, keeping on doing my homework.

"You coulda woke me." Isabel yawned.

Looking up, I saw her wearing my sweats. Right then and there I wanted to rip them off and make her mine. She could wear anything and I'd find her so sexual. I smiled, taking a sip of my coffee.

"Your parents at work?" she asked.

"I live alone Iz," I said.

Her eyes went wide, making me laugh. I taped the seat next to me and she shook her head.

"I wanna go wash up, can I use your shower?"

"Only if I can join..." I smirked.

She glared at me, but laughed after a second and gave up on hating me for that. I got up from the chair and walked over to her, feeling my heart race against my chest. She just watched me as I pushed past her. A strong pull flew between us, but I ignored it, finding my way back to my bathroom. It was just down the hallway and to the right.

Once I got in, the sun lit up the small space, my blinds open. I never have them closed. There was a shelf just under the sink, so I opened it and handed Izzy a towel. I stood back up and smiled.

"Go ahead, just remember to turn the faucet the opposite way because the plumbing is screwed up." I explained.

She rose an eyebrow in question. "Okay?"

"Yeah, enjoy." I smirked again.

She didn't move, just stood there not even two inches away from me. Thank God for small spaces. I licked my lips and leaned down, feeling her breath brush by my lips. Shutting my eyes, I felt for her waist and pulled her against me, feeling her heat radiate off of me. I let myself fall, kissing her soft lips. She kissed back with more force and then I pulled away, smiling and looking at her breathless mouth.

"Change your mind about the shower?" I teased at a soft tone.

Isabel just giggled, pushing me out the bathroom and shutting the door. I was a good guy, so I went back to the kitchen and got to my homework again. Isabel turned on the shower, the soft sound of water flowing beat against my ears.

Just a few minutes later and my phone rang.

"Paul," I answered.

"Hey, it's Dafnie." she said.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Can I come over...? Or rather, could you open the door. I'm here,"

My heart stopped and I didn't answer.

"Paul?"

"You could have asked if you could come over..." I sighed.

"I always just come, what are you, naked?" she laughed.

Honestly, she did. And I never minded, even when I had girlfriends, it never bothered me. I mean, she always came and she was quiet, to not disturb the girl and left before they woke up. Or even they didn't mind her. Or, it was me who didn't mind having her because I cared more about her than the girls. But this time it was different because it was Isabel. Though, she knew Dafnie.

"It's not like I care if you are, I've seen it." she kept on talking, I felt her get all awkward.

"Come in, it's okay."

"Do you have... a girl... and is it not Isabel? That's why you don't want me to come, to not catch you already seeing other people?" she said in a rush.

"No! God no!" I huffed. "Dafnie!"

"Sorry,"

And then I heard the door open. Looking up, I saw Dafnie with her phone still against her ear, her cheeks bright red. I placed my phone on the counter and walked over. Her eyes were just as red as her cheeks, she was crying.

"Danny, what happened?" I asked, wrapping my arms around her in a tight hug.

Unlike Isabel, Dafnie made me cold, her coat rubbed against my bare arms. Well, she was just outside. I pulled away and shut the door behind her. She took off her coat and we went over to the hallway, going across to my living room. It was small.

The huge windows let the light bleed in and bounce off the off white walls. I had pictures on the walls of my family, it was from my mother. There was one loverseat against the wall to my left and a flat screen on the right. She sat down on the edge, just looking straight ahead at the blank screen.

"It's..." she couldn't catch her breath.

I sat down next to her, pulling her against me into a side hug, letting her sob. I felt her heart racing and she cried. She was loud about it. You could hear every breath, every whine, every tear and it made my heart tear into pieces.

"Paul? Paul?!" Isabel yelled. She must have heard the crying.

Dafnie lifted herself from me, her eyes wide. She had her mascars running down her cheeks. "You could have told me you had someone here." Dafnie said.

"It's not important... you need me, it's fine." I said.

"Paul?" Isabel asked.

I looked up and saw her standing at the entrance, her hands on her hips. Dafnie turned and looked at her as well, sniffling.

"She came and... she needed me." I told her.

Isabel's face got pale when she saw Dafnie. I couldn't read what was going through her mind, but it was more worry than anything else. She knelled in front of Dafnie, pulling her into a big hug.

"What happened Dafnie? Is everything okay?" she asked.

Dafnie had stopped crying a while ago, so she was just hugging back, gripping Isabel's dshirt as if she will keep her from falling back into that deep hole.

"I gotta go... thanks," Dafnie said at a whisper. "Thank you guys."

She pulled away from Isabel and walked over to the kitchen, she looked over her shoulder at me for just a second, then turned back and left within seconds. I looked over at Isabel and read the same confusion on her face. She joined me on the couch. A hard tension flew in the air, so thick it was suffocating.

"Go to her," she suddenly said.

I rose my eyebrows at her but she didn't look at me, she just stared straight ahead.

"Paul," she said, then looked at me, making my body tense. "Go,"

Spoiler! :
@NicoleBri

Can you guys guess what happened?

46 Reviews

Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:23 pm
NicoleBri says...

Isabelle

"Go," I had told Paul, Dafnie, his best friend and one of my closest friends, was hurting. She needed her friend and I wouldn't deny him comforting her in her time of need. He looked at me one last time and flew out the door yelling her name. I sighed, alone, in my boyfriends apartment.

I stayed sitting on his couch and took out my phone. What trouble would I get in today? I sighed flipping through some missed texts, one was from April. She was who I wanted to talk too.

Meet me? I sent. There was an instant reply,

Time. Place. I'll be there.

I smiled at the text. She was someone I could count on.

Starbucks. It'll be a lil bit. I gotta get changed. I sent.

I got up and went to Paul's room, I loved the smell of his cologne all through the bedroom and hallway. I went to his closet and picked out a dark maroon shirt that said Adidas on it. I wanted to wear it so I put on some sweats and his shirt. I hope he wouldn't mind.

I walked back to the living room and saw my keys hanging up by the door. "I miss you already." I say before walking out the door. It sucked leaving alone, but it is what it is.

I got to my car and drove out of the driveway. Time for some girl-girl bonding time with the best.

--------------

April was already sitting in the back booth with someone and drinking a mocha. "Hey Issy!" She said and got up to hug me. "I assume you already know Craig." she told me as she motioned to him.

He smiled at me and I just nodded,

"Yes." he said. April smiled at him and then gestured for me to slide into the booth beside her. I did as told and just looked at her. "Here's my number. Call me sometime." Craig told her and got up, I guess he knew that I needed to do some girl talking.

"Bae, I really don't know what to do." I told her.

"About what?" she asked.

"I just have so much jealousy when it comes to Paul, ugh, Dafnie looked so upset this morning and I told him he could go talk to her and stuff but they left the apartment and I just miss him and ya know, well, I think him and Daf might have "personal" history, no I know he does." I told her.

I knew how close he and Daf were, and I didn't expect it to bother me, but now it did. I would never ask him to stop hanging out with her, like ever.

"Do you think he will cheat on you with her?" she asked.

I looked to her and then out the window.

"Yes, I mean No, well I just don't know." I reply.

I get up and go order a frappe and go sit back down. She just stared at me with worry.

"A, I just don't know what id do if he did do that." I finally say. She frowned at me and we both sat there being quite, that is, until her phone started beeping.

"Hold on a sec," she said and got up to go outside.

I nodded and took my phone out to see if I had any missed calls or texts. There was one from Dafnie that was sent about ten minutes ago,

Listen Iz, I'm sorry about walking out earlier.

I sighed, No, you don't have to explain. It's okay. I understand. I sent back.

April finally came back in and I told her id better get going, "Okay. I gotta go anyways." she replied. We hugged and she left first.

Spoiler! :
Does anyone want to interact with Isabelle??

- Ayn Rand

271 Reviews

Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:14 am
Gravity says...

Cole
Going to school became hell. Hunter was hanging around some girl and people were noticing. So much for keeping our relationship (or rather lack thereof) under the radar.

Even Rupert was ignoring me. He never answered my texts and I always saw Jessie hanging around him. She was always draped around him like a curtain, never leaving him alone. That is, when she wasn't hungover or skipping school.

"I wish they would just become a thing already and then breakup like every other couple here." I looked up at Thorne who was walking beside me as I motored my chair on forward.

"Cole, what happened between you and Hunter?" she asked. I winced as I recalled the memory of me practically throwing myself at him. So I lied.

"I caught him cheating on me," I said, not meeting her eyes.

"Oh."

I wanted to go insane. I wanted to find someone else to rebound with but I was stuck in the stupid chair. I couldn't even have a one night stand. Not like Jessie could. And I was gaining weight. Filling out. My body was becoming curvier from not walking around. Ever. It was bittersweet for me. I liked being a little softer but I hated the fact that I couldn't use it. And I hated the fact that Rupert wasn't paying attention to it.

I felt so hopeless, so helpless. So powerless. And nobody cared. I wasn't sure how to get through the school day, but I needed to be alone. So I wheeled into the bathroom and into the big stall, throwing myself out of my chair the best I could and landing awkwardly on the ground. I just curled up and listened to my phone go off. Not caring if people were asking where I was. Because the fact of the matter was I didn't think they actually wanted me to be okay. They just didn't want to be responsible if I wasn't.

And eventually I fell asleep. Cold and alone on the dirty bathroom floor.

267 Reviews

Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:49 pm
Nike says...

Rupert Jean Franz

I knew she was lying about the lock. She was the only person who would come up with an idea like that. Jessie couldn't even recall the culture in France, let alone mention a love lock. I was disappointed that Cole lied about it though, she did that to hide her embarrassment but they was nothing to be embarrassed about.

I was lying on bed bed, the lock in hand, just staring at it. It was a pretty regular lock. But, it held so much meaning in it.

There was a problem. She couldn't be in love with me.

I wasn't good for her.

She really needed a better guy. I've done things and I'm sure I will do things and she's already so broken. It's not worth it.

I picked up my phone from my bedside table and texted Jessie.

Hey girl, I wanna see you.

Jessie understands me... she's great. She would take my mind off of everything. Jessie knows how to make me forget all my problems.

Maybe she was good for me. Maybe she was the one I needed.

Or maybe I should be single.

I leaned to the side of my bed and tossed the lock far under it, so I wouldn't see it and forget it. Cole didn't admit that she gave it to me, it must not be that important to her then. But the bracelet she made me, I had it on. And I can't take it off.

Jessie texted back, Really

I'll be at your house in a few, be ready.

Maybe I'll ask her to be my girlfriend.

Spoiler! :
Sorry that this post is so short, I can't write today for some reason. I wanted more for Rup but didn't know what.

Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting.
— John Green