z

Young Writers Society

Hogwarts Students and The Years We Lived with Harry Potter

Reviews: 2
Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:13 pm
View Likes
ty7lucky says...

Gavin Olden Dinnertime

I sat at a table alone I didn't feel like talking to anyone. I had signed the list for a study group, I wasn't doing so well in potions. No matter how hard I tried to think of quidditch tryouts tomorrow I couldn't get my mind off the vision.

I messed with my mashed potatoes. I felt better than before but still I had a sick feeling in my stomach.

I took a deep breath. I had never felt this terrible before. Honestly I didn't want to be part of the study group but I knew if I didn't get good marks that my parents would kill me. I gave up with eating the potatoes and grabbed my wand. With a flick of my wrist they were gone. I wish I could have gotten rid of my troubles that easily.

I grabbed a couple brownies for my trip to the library for the study group. The library wasn't very full. Most of the people were off eating dinner. I pulled out Unfogging the Future and began to read. I looked for stuff about rat men or stag's. I only found stuff about deer meaning guidance to good things, Hey maybe this means me getting beat up will lead to good things like rat people I thought jokingly.

I saw some more people coming into the library, it looked like dinner was mostly over. I waited with anticipation, what if people in the study group would act like my old friends. I didn't think I would be able to deal with that. Though I wouldn't admit it I was really hurt and I was afraid it wasn't going to heal.
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:31 pm
View Likes
JustJasper says...

Rain

After dragging myself to the majority of my classes I felt like I was about to die. My head felt like it would implode and my joints were on fire. Everything was sore and I found myself unable to focus on anything. Most of my teacher kindly excused my lack of attentiveness. However Snape would not stand for such idleness in his class.
"Mrs. Quint, get your head off the desk and do your work. Nobody gets the luxury of a nap in here and you hardly deserve one."
His words bounced off me like pebbles. They hurt in the moment but were soon forgotten. In fact nearly everything I did that day I forgot. Everything that is except signing up for a study group. My exhausted brain understood how much I would need to catch up after my torture cycle was over. I felt obligated to attend the first session and since I wouldn't be eating anyway I took a seat at a table with a boy who looked awful. I finally remembered his name was Gavin and introduced myself. He seemed very nervous.
I was not ready for conversation so I sat quietly with my arm holding up my head.
"Do you ever sleep?" He asked me.
"Only during class it seems," I answered quietly.
"What's your favorite subject?" He said with a smile,
"Charms, although this year defense against the dark arts is a close second. How about you?"
"Divination," he said blushing.
I crinkled my nose.
"Way too much perfume in that room," I said quickly.

Normal people don't have this problem! I internally screamed. What is wrong with me today?

Luckily Gavin didn't seem concerned with my statement and simply nodded his head.
"Sensitive nose you got?" He laughed.
"Yeah" I mumbled "very sensitive."
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:32 am
View Likes
Nike says...

Godric Lovegood

It was dinner time and I was by the Slytherin table, talking to Medora and Robert. The whole hall was buzzing with laughing and talking putting a smile on my face. I could never get over the fact that this place felt like a second home.

"Sure, a study group sounds great." I smiled down at Medora. "I'd love to get more knowledge, I mean, I am a Ravenclaw."

"Alright, I'm in as well." Robert responded to Medora, chewing on some food.

"Great! I'm so excited, we can meet other students this way, maybe we can make some more friends." Medora said.

"Ha-ha, yes." I smiled. "I'm gonna go back and finish my dinner, see you guys at the study group later on." I excused myself.
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

267 Reviews

Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:08 am
View Likes
Nike says...

Clara Black

I was looking for Rain. Ever since that night I was worried about her. I noticed that she had signed up for the after school tutoring, so I jotted my name down as well. I had walked into Potions a little late and out of breath. Snape gave me the evil eye as I sat down across from Rain, Gavin already has the spot next to her occupied.

I sat next to Dean Thomas, Seamus happened to have a different class. He nodded at me once I sat down.

"10 points from Gryffindor for your lenient friend Clara, you can thank her later." Snape huffed.

My cheeks grew warm, I knew I was red in the face. I hid my face by ducking down into my Potions book, reading the section he had assigned to the class, it was written on the board.

"I can catch you up." Dean said.

Facing him, I smiled. "Please,"

After class, I couldn't catch up to Rain, she had disappeared once Snape had dismissed us. I sighed. Nothing much I could do now, it was her time to be alone. I needed to find a quiet place to escape. I had anxiety and it like to very much rise at any occasion without being asked to and I just needed to breathe so my heart would slow down.

I was wondering around the hallways, avoiding any person in sight. As I walked, I noticed a door appear to my right out of thin air. My heart skipped as I faced it, raising an eyebrow.

"What are you?" I asked under my breath.

My hand trembled as I reached for the door, slowly pushing t open. It was a room, a room filled with bookcases all around and a fireplace was just to my left, crackling with fire. I felt a smile grow on my face as the door shut behind me.

"This must be the Room of Requirement, Hermione mentioned it." I spoke to myself frequently.

Yes, I could have just gone to the library, but there were people there, and I wanted to avoid them for a while. The only people I wanted were my friends and they seemed busy doing their own thing.

I had a good two hours before the study session, so I grabbed a book and sat in front of the fire, losing myself in a new world.

Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:28 am
View Likes
ty7lucky says...

Gavin Olden Thursday Evening

I can't believe I told Rain that my favourite class was divination. I usually said Defense Against the Dark Arts.It just kind of came out my mouth. I felt even more humiliated than before. No one liked that class with all of the fog and the mostly phoney teacher. I realized I was blushing and tried to will it to stop.

She said she didn't like the perfumes? I didn't think they were that bad it was mostly having such humid air that bugged me. "Sensitive nose you've got?"

She mumbled something that I couldn't really hear. I turned my attention to the library door where I saw some more people enter. I tried to think of something to say but all that came to mind was the vision and I wasn't ready to reveal that I had foresight. "I wish I didn't need a study group."

She nodded. I couldn't think of anything else to say so I sat there awkwardly. I tapped the table. Some more people walked in and I couldn't help wondering who was in the study group.
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:08 am
View Likes
Remington38 says...

Medora
Ok, honestly I was probably more excited about this study group than I should have been. There was plenty of time before it started so I loaded up on more sweets, because who wouldn't. I finished off a powdered desert and wiped the remaining off my face.
"I wonder who is going to be at the group?" I say to Robert and and he just shrugs. I wa trying to decide what class I needed help with the most and what textbooks to bring. I didn't realize I was tapping my fingers and Robert puts his hand on top of mine to stop it.
"Sorry." I say quietly. After a little bit longer we get up and start heading towards the corridor and I tell Godric I will meet him at the group. Robert and I go back to the Slytherin common room. He plops down on one of the couches and I walk up to my room real quick. I change out of my robes and put on a pair of skinny jeans and my pullover hoodie with a muggle book quote on it from To Kill a Mockingbird. It says "Hi Boo." On the front with a feather on it. Normally I don't wear it around other non-muggles, but I decided tonight I didn't care. I come downstairs carrying my potions book and I see Robert. He stand up and we get ready to head out.
"Are you ready?"
"Yep!" I say and we walk towards the room of requirements, it opens up for us to reveal dozens of bookcases. Some even filled with muggle books, that made me a little giddy. I also hear a fire crackling and I see a few other people inside.

Part of me wants to go sit in the corner with a stack of books because I don't know any of them and another part of me wants to welcome these people in. It's a fight inside me and I walk inside with robotic movements. I sit down at the end of the table with Robert and sit waiting for everyone else to arrive.
Proud Reader of Banned Books

Answer to life, the universe, and everything: 42

Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.
Cesar Cruiz

Pluviophile- a lover of rain; someone who finds joy/peace of mind on rainy days.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:39 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Lucius Salazar Darkflame

Luke let out a sigh of relief as he and Dumbledore apparated into Hogwarts grounds. No matter how many times he apparated with Dumbledore, he hated the feeling, like he was being forced trough a thin tube. At least now they they wouldn't have to do it again.

The sun was drawing close to the horizon, and it was getting dark, but Hogwarts was still active, with students milling around everywhere.

"Come with me, Luke. I think we need to talk." said Dumbledore, looking at him with concern.

Luke was surprised, but nodded, and followed Dumbledore as he strode through the halls.

Reaching the Gargoyle corridor, Dumbledore called out, "Chocolate Cauldrons!" and the Gargoyle stepped aside revealing the ascending staircase. Both climbed it to the Headmaster's office.

Once inside, Dumbledore sat opposite his desk and gestured to the chair opposite. Luke sat, before hearing an annoyed squawk. Turning, he noticed Fawkes, currently fully grown.

Grinning, Luke said, "Hey, Fawkes." and scratched the bird's head right in the spot where he loved it. Luke had gotten to know the Phoenix in private lessons with Dumbledore, and the he had gotten to know much about the bird.

Dumbledore smiled. "Well, now that our avian friend is satisfied, let's get down to business. First of all, we must discuss the, ah...incident that prevented you from coming to school on time."

"I know, Dumbledore...I should have managed to control the dragon." muttered Luke ashamedly.

"t wasn't really your fault, Luke." replied Dumbledore sympathetically. "From what you've said, your cousin did goad you."

Luke's fists clenched as he remembered. "He called Hermione a mudblood bitch." he said through gritted teeth.

"Ah, yes." replied Dumbledore. "I understand how you feel...I know that you and Hermione are close."

"Were." corrected Luke unhappily.

Dumbledore's forehead wrinkled with concern. "Romantically, maybe...but friendship like yours can't just fade. I've seen you two together. You care deeply about her, I can see it. You seemed closer to her than anyone else."

"I have fun with other people." replied Luke despondently. "But Hermione...I felt that I could confide everything to her. I knew I could tell her all my secrets and she wouldn't tell a soul."

Dumbledore looked at him with astonishment. "You mean...?"

'Yes, I told her everything." replied Luke. Well, everything but one. thought Luke to himself. But even Dumbledore didn't know that one, and Luke planned to keep it that way.

"That's daring." noted Dumbledore.

Luke sighed. "I know, but-"

Dumbledore held up his hand to cut him off. "No, daring is good. It's wonderful that you felt that you could trust someone."

"Well, at least before I ended it. With my stupidity." replied Luke bitterly.

Dumbledore smiled knowingly. "I suggest you try and mend fences with Hermione. You may be surprised by how forgiving friends can be."

Luke nodded, but didn't respond. I'm not so sure.

Dumbledore moved on, sensing his mood dropping. "In any case, we're going to have to deal with your inner dragon. Professor Lupin has experience in a similar matters. I'll have him give you some private lessons."

"Alright.' replied Luke, and sensing the conversation was over, got up from his seat, and started walking towards the stairs.

"Oh, wait." called out Dumbledore, and Luke stopped.

"I've taken the liberty of signing you up for a study group. I think you'll need the practice, given your last Herbology grade. Well, tehnically, Madam Pomfrey demanded you attend."

Luke sighed. He hated working with plants. 'Alright." he muttered resignedly.

"It's too late to join them now, though." said Dumbledore. "I suggest you go straight to Dinner. I'll join soon."

----

Luke strode into the dining hall, looking for an empty seat on any table. The smell of the delicious food was already making him salivate.

"Hey, Luke!" called a voice, and he turned to see Harry, waving. Luke smiled and made his way over." He took a seat next to Harry, and clapped him on the back.

"It's great to see you, old friend." Luke said with grin.

"Great to see you too." replied Harry.

"Don't forget me!" said Ron in a fake cross voice. Luke smiled and high fived him.

Then he turned to Hermione, sitting opposite to him. she had a book in her hands. "Hi." he called out. Hermione looked up, narrowed her eyes at him, and returned back to her book.

Well, no forgiveness yet. thought Luke unhappily. 'Hey, Clara." he said, turning to her, sitting next to Hermione. Clara looked up at Luke, as if unsure what to make of him, and then back down at her food. She seemed to also be giving him the silent treatment.

"Ignore Hermione." said Ron. "She doesn't know how to greet a friend she's known for years."

Hermione glared at him and then turned back to her book. Harry, sensing the tension, quickly changed the subject. "So, what took you so long, Luke? we were wondering what happened to you."

Luke thought quickly. "My cousin was... hospitalized." Technically true. he thought to himself.

"Oh, I'm sorry." said Ron, his eyebrows furrowing.

"It's fine." replied Luke, serving himself a loaded roast beef sandwich, which seemed to have every kind of condiment, to start off with.

His eyes turned to Scabbers, Ron's rat, which was scampering about the table. The little creature stopped in front of Luke's plate, stood on its hind legs, and moved its forearms, perfectly mimicking the begging position of a dog.

"I taught him that." proclaimed Ron proudly. Luke smiled and tore off a small piece of bread and offering it to the rodent, which snatched at it immediately.

But the moment its paws scraped Luke's fingers, he felt like his entire forearm was on fire. Luke screeched in pain, clutching his arm, and fell to the ground.

Harry leaned over him. "Luke, what is it?" he asked concernedly, but Luke was in too much pain to answer. Perhaps noticing the part of his arm that he was clutching, Harry started to pull back Luke's sleeve.

'"No!" yelled Luke, snatching his arm away, He knew exactly what was hurting, and he didn't want Harry to see it.

Harry and Ron looked at him with concern, Even Hermione was looking up from her book.

"Really, it's nothing." lied Luke. "Just an old injury."

"Well, I really think we should at least look at it, said Ron, reaching out. Luke quickly batted his arm away and scrambled to his feet.

He then took a deep breath to calm himself. "I'm fine, okay?" he muttered.

"Alright." muttered Harry resignedly, though he clearly didn't believe him.

Suddenly, Luke realized that much of the hall was staring at him. He gulped. "Be right back." he muttered, and turned and ran out of the hall.

He didn't stop running until he reached the abandoned girls' lavatory on the first floor. He then ran into one of the stalls and locked the door.

Looking around and listening to make sure no one was there, Luke pulled back his sleeve. The Dark Mark was clearly visible on his inner right forearm, though a little dimmed due to the lack of light. The Mark had been put on his arm when he was a baby by his parents, to show their devotion to the dark Lord. And it had been a bane on his existence ever since.

But Luke was at a loss as to why Scabbers had made it burn. The last time that had happened was when he had shaken Professor Quirrell's hand in first year, which he later learned was because he had Voldemort living in him like a parasite.

But what possible connection could there be between Ron's mangy pet and the Dark Lord? "Maybe it's just acting up." muttered Luke, but he knew in his heart that wasn't true.

"Oh, that's not good." muttered a voice, and Luke jumped. He looked up to see Moaning Myrtle, floating above the toilet, staring down at him.

"The Mark brings unspeakable horrors wherever it goes. And death. So much death." Her eyes seemed to bore into Luke's soul.

"Myrtle!" he squeaked, his mind racing with all the possibilities of his Mark being discovered. 'Don't tell anyone!" he begged. "Please...I'm not one of them, you have to believe me."

Myrtle tilted her head, seeming to consider him for a moment. "very well." she declared. "I'll keep your secret for now. But if I suspect anything..." and she let the threat hang in the air as she dove into the toilet with a splash.

Luke breathed a sigh of relief. If his Mark was discovered, the consequences would be dire. He could be expelled, or even imprisoned for just wearing the Dark Mark, regardless of circumstance.

Luke quickly unlocked the door and started back. As he did so, all thoughts of the Mark and Myrtle gave way to pondering how, in any way, Scabbers the pet rat could be connected to the most evil man in the Wizarding World.
Last edited by LordZeus on Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:23 am, edited 4 times in total.

Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:00 pm
View Likes
ty7lucky says...

Gavin Olden Late Dinnertime

I stood slowly, "We should probably go up to the Room of Requirements."

Rain nodded and stood up as well. We headed up the moving staircases. My mind kept going to the rat like man, and the stag. No matter how much I tried to think of something else it was no use. I felt sick again like there was something vital missing like a puzzle with only the outer pieces.

"I'm excited for the study group. I wonder who is in it?"

There was only one name on the list when I signed up, Lucius Darkflame. I had gotten to know him with quidditch. He was pretty cool and we got along well. Once we got to the seventh floor we took a right. We then entered the Room of Requirements to find a few people. I go over and sit by a girl, I was pretty sure her name was Medora, and Robert they were both in Slytherin.

Medora looked up excitedly, " Hey!"

"Hi" I say.

Rain sits down as well it seems like she knows the girl more she smiles, "Hey, Medora."
I was right on her name.

The table is silent for a while. I anticipate the meeting, I don't feel as sick. The fire casts a flickering orange light across the room.
-Douglas Adams

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:21 am
View Likes
KiraThePotatoChip says...

Edward Hikarigami

I honestly wasn't expecting this many kids to show up to the study group. I could pick out some people's faces, but most were unfamiliar. I guess that's what happens when I take leave from school. This was going to be a problem, especially since my social skills are lacking, not to mention I was older than the kids already here. I don't know why I was even signed up with a bunch of 4th years. I'm a terrible teacher, so I doubt I'd be able to help the other students, and it's not like I'm in need of help. With the way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if this whole thing fell apart. I reached into my bag and touched my wand.

"Would you explain what it is exactly that I'm doing here?" I tapped out, sending a message to an old friend.

"You're the one who wanted to meet the other students. How you actually behave around them is up to you." I received back.

I sighed, pulling out a Defense Against the Dark Arts book. If I recalled correctly, these students would be getting introduced to Patronuses soon. I took out my glasses, and put them on, raising my eyes to the entrance of the room. Soon everyone will have arrived. Time to make preparations.
Bisexual Disaster, Master Stroke of a human being, may or may not incite a revolution.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:13 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Robert
Thursday evening, study group.

While they were waiting for Godric, Robert and Medora were enthusing about Ancient Runes.
''I used to like stories about spies, I thought codes were exciting. And runes are like the wizarding world's own magical code.'' said Robert.

''Aren't you from this world?'' asked Medora.

''I'm halfblood,'' explained Robert. ''I grew up in the muggle world, with my mother, and I've been catching up on this world ever since I came here.''

Medora's eyes widened with excitement. ''You probably know muggle books, then? I read them too, that's why I'm wearing a quote from How to Kill a Mockingbird.''

Robert was intrigued. ''Really? it's not often you find Slytherins who even think to look into muggle literature.''

Medora looked downcast. ''That's us, the narrow-minded, muggle-hating Slytherins.''

Robert thought for a moment, looking pensive. Then he said,
''Slytherin has its share of pureblood supremacists, but that is a coincidence, not a prerequisite. We are what we make of ourselves. And we have the strength and cunning to make ourselves whatever we want.
As for what people say, that is their problem.''

Medora looked unsure. Robert's proud expression softened to something like understanding.

''I know. This house isn't exactly full to bursting with good company. But you'll always have me and Godric.''

Medora smiled a little.
''So, what muggle books have you read? any Shakespeare?''

''The Merchant of Venice. I liked Antonio the sea captain.'' said Robert.

Medora raised an eyebrow curiously. ''I think you mean the Antonio from Twelfth Night. The Antonio from Venice was a merchant, the Antonio who was a sailor was from Twelfth Night.''

''Of course, I know the difference, I just wanted to see if you did.'' Robert said a little hastily. He hoped Medora didn't realise the bluff to cover his mistake.

He didn't find out if she did or not, as the conversation was interrupted by the arrival of their friend, Godric.
Last edited by SirenCymbaline on Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:19 pm
View Likes
JustJasper says...

Rain

Almost as soon as I sat down at the table I felt my lunch fight to stay in my stomach. I greeted Medora and tried my best not to throw up all over the table. To distract myself I thought about the enormous pile of homework I had to do. I ordered the assignments into lists in my head. After a few minutes Godric joined our table and not long after so did Clara. She smiled and surveyed the room. I grinned and pulled out my work.
"Woah there," Godric said laughing "have you even started that?"
I felt my cheeks flush.
"No," I answered quietly.
"Why not?" Medora asked giggling along with Godric.
"I just haven't had the time yet" I sighed.
"Looks like you came to the right place though," Gavin said encouragingly.
"I hope so," I laughed and opened my book.
"What have you been doing?" Medora prodded.
"I....." my voice failed me.
"Yeah what takes that long?" Godric asked.
I felt frozen. My brain was desperately searching for an excuse. I felt lightheaded, my eyes could hardly stay open, and I was panicking.

I couldn't tell them the truth. What would they think of me? I don't even know them that well. What do I do?

I stared back at them with absolutely no idea what to say. My breathing quickened and I felt myself open my mouth.

What on earth do I say? I wish they knew. I wish I could tell them. I just wish I wasn't a werewolf.
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:59 am
View Likes
Remington38 says...

Medora

When Godric finally showed up I smiled a little wider and was definitely happier. I was so excited to be doing something different with all of these new people. The only thing that worries me is the ideas they probably have about me. I have heard some referred to me as Draco's toy, his girl play thing. The list goes on. I want so much to break out of that. Godric and I start to talk to a girl named Rain and we talk to her about why she is backed up so much. She doesn't answer for a few second and the sir is still. I can tell she is uncomfortable and I start to feel guilty for putting her in that position, so I made it my duty to get her out of it. I lean over and knock over a stack of textbooks to the floor with my elbow. I make a small squeal, and kneel to pick them up. Godric helps me and when I get them put back into the table. Robert grins over at me.
"We can't trust you with anything today can we." He smirks and and I blush a little.
"Personally I though chocolate lava cake was a good look for me." Everyone looks at me confused and I shake my head. Rain makes eye contact with me and I can see a faint light of relief wash over her. I give a small friendly wink and we start talking about the classes we need help with. While everyone does that I get up and start to wonder through the bookshelves of muggle novels. Roberts comment about The Merchant of Venice makes me want to slap he copy in front of him and tell him to read it. I didn't believe him at all about testing me if I knew my Shakespeare. I see title after title of books I secretly wanted to bring stack of to my room and read there forever. I lightly trace my fingers over a copy of The Old Man in the Sea by Earnest Hemingway. Then Farewell to Arms. I decide that I will come back tomorrow and stay here instead of going to Hagrid class (I'm sure he'll understand) and read. Maybe I will even skip breakfast. The whole area smells like musty books and it makes me smile.

I come back over and sit down. I get help on my notes for potions class. I explain to a few others the number system of Runes and it all is going really well so far. I hope it continues that way. These people are so nice and I haven't seen any of them share judgmental glances or snickers around me, but I am not sure if I will let my guard down. Godric has only started to crack at my guard, even he hasn't broken me yet. I want him to, but part of me won't let him, his has to do it himself. He is looking over his textbook and I bump him with my shoulder. He smiles at me, but his eyes don't leave the page and he bumps me back.
Proud Reader of Banned Books

Answer to life, the universe, and everything: 42

Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.
Cesar Cruiz

Pluviophile- a lover of rain; someone who finds joy/peace of mind on rainy days.

267 Reviews

Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:43 am
View Likes
Nike says...

Clara Black

I was sitting with Hermione, Ron, and Harry after my break in the 'library'. Luke had come up to us and I felt my stomach flip flop. Hermione and him have been long time friends... and I had the biggest crush on him. They weren't really on talking terms.

I found myself with the study group, recognizing only a few faces. There was a whole conversation that I zoned myself out of, I was only thinking about Luke.

Rain had to find an excuse for being not herself and I held my breath while she did. Medora left the table, and we started studying. The room was silent as we read through our material. Medora had saved her bum with the chocolate lava cake, she's pretty awesome that girl, no wonder Godric was into her.

"Hey, do you understated this Potion homework?" I asked Rain.

She lifted her head from her book and shook her head. "No one does."

I smiled and looked over the table, taking in all the students. We were a very diverse group of people, and I loved it. We can now combine all the houses and cooperate. It was a blessing.

Medora came back with a book and smiled at us, whispering with Godric.

"I get it." Robert told me.

I turned to face him, "Lend me your knowledge, please."

He started to explain to me the work, a lot better than Snape ever could. He didn't frighten me, but he wasn't very fond of Gryffindors'.

"What's the book you have there?" I heard Godric ask.

I faced Medora and him and they were both smiling. I looked down at the book in her hand and recognized it right off. A Muggle book, here? Did she bring it? I shrugged, looking over the group again.

There was a kid, deep into his DADA book. He didn't look familiar, must've been older. A Ravenclaw... I think he introduced himself as Ed.

"Ed, is it?" I asked.

He looked up for a moment, startled. "Yeah?"

"I'm Clara, if you need help with that, I can help you. Defense Against the Dark Arts is my favourite subject." I smiled.

Spoiler! :
I don't know what to write, but I know I have to post something.

267 Reviews

Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:11 am
View Likes
Nike says...

Godric Lovegood

We were sitting at the table, a group of us, just chatting and studying. Not that I minded, I was a Ravenclaw after all. Medora was next to me, shoving me playfully, I shoved her back then caught her eye.

"After this, wanna go for a walk?" I asked.

She rose an eyebrow, "Uh, I don't know. Professor Dumbledore was pretty strict about anyone leaving the school grounds."

"Come on, just a trip around, maybe visit Hagrid?"

After a moment, she sighed, "I'll think about it, okay? Now go back to your studying."

I smiled and flipped through my Divinaton book. There was chatter at the front of the table, Ed and Clara were laughing with Robert.

Spoiler! :
Not much written, sorry, writers' block.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:43 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Robert
Thursday evening. Study group

Robert explained the Potions assignment to Clara.
He was helpful in communicating the work in a way that could be understood easily, but perhaps it was the historic Gryffindor-Slytherin rivalry that put an air of matter-of-fact in his tone.

But Clara did not take offense to this, and she talked with him and Ed about Defense Against the Dark Arts.
Ed and Clara were talking about Patronuses, curious as to what shape their inner selves took.

''It could be something fierce, like a tiger. I bet mine's a tiger.'' said Clara.
''I wouldn't mind a wolf. Wolves are cool.'' said Ed.

''Speaking of wolves, I wonder if werewolves will come up this year. I know, that's far ahead in the book, but it's just fascinating. The process of a human body, morphing into this unfathomable predator- the transformation must be incredible.''
Robert enthused. Then he realised how morbid he had begun to sound, so he added,
''My curiosity comes from a medical standpoint. I do want to become a Healer, after all.''

Once he had started talking about werewolves, Clara looked rather solemn.
She turned and looked in Rain's direction, as if to see if she had heard what Robert had said.
Last edited by SirenCymbaline on Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

“Can a magician kill a man by magic?” Lord Wellington asked Strange. Strange frowned. He seemed to dislike the question. “I suppose a magician might,” he admitted, “but a gentleman never could.”
— Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell