Young Writers Society

The Last of Us

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:47 am
View Likes
yubbies21 says...

Spoiler! :
In a dystopic future, the world is collapsing. No, literally, collapsing into itself. The last three nuclear wars or so weakened the internal structure of our planet and daily, it sinks into itself. Earthquakes, unnatural tremors, and active volcanoes have been taking thousands of people's lives everyday. Sinkholes have opened up and it seems that the heat has been turned up. As the crust of the earth slowly gets closer to the core, the temperature has risen, causing all of the polar ice caps to melt. The result was enormous flooding that destroyed everything on all of the coastlines in the world. There is a rift in the bottom of the Atlantic ocean, and millions of volcanoes have sprung up there. The world is not a fit place to live.

By this time, the world is under the power of three people calling themselves the "Ogons", two men, one woman. The first male is Argus, a tall burly man with thick muscles and long oily dreadlocks. The second is Reje, A thin, pale man with dirty-blonde hair, still fairly strong. The Female is Arvais, Deep purple hair pulled back in a constant braid down her back and deathly pale skin. The three share several characteristics, Purple tattoo's on their necks and arms, a large, gold ring on thier thumbs, and tiny, beady purple eyes. They are all hard and un-bending, but hope to see the advancing of the remainder of humanity.

They control absolutely everything on the planet and have decided that there are no more safe places left. It is time to evacuate. 'To where?' you might ask yourself. They really don't know the answer either. The Ogons have decided that they and a few hundred young and vibrant teenagers and young adults will leave planet earth in a fleet of three self sustaining star-crafts and attempt to keep the human race alive. Those left on earth will have no chance of survival.

The three ships, the Last Chance, the Last Survival, and the Last Hope are identical, each one holds 50 girls and 50 boys. A total of 300 teens and young adults will be saved from earth. The Ogons are going of course, as well as a crew of twenty people for each ship.

Characters Slots

Spoiler! :
The Ogons

Argus-
Reje-
Arvais-

Crew Members

Last Chance:
Female-
Male-

Last Survival:
Female-
Male-

Last Hope
Female-
Male-

Passengers

Last Chance:
Female-
Male-
Female-
Male-

Last Survival:
Female-
Male-
Female-
Male-

Last Hope:
Female-
Male-
Female-
Male-

We can have more, but let's start with this... The Ogons are first come, first serve, but I suggest you be a more experienced Story Booker.

Character Template

Spoiler! :
Name:
Girl or Boy:
Age (passenger- 12- 19, Crew Member- 25-40, Ogons- unspecified):
Passenger/Crew Member/ Ogons:
Personality (Detailed):
Appearance (pics welcome in spoilers):
History(remember the recent occurrences on earth):
Up for love (no graphics/sex scenes):
Other?:

Rules

Spoiler! :
1.No graphic scenes please
2. No swearing
3. No god-modding
4. Use the DT for questions and/or concerns
5. I reserve the right to ask you to change anything about your posts. Your character's have more freedom, but I will ask you to change things if it doesn't fit with the SB.

The Ships/Mission

Spoiler! :
The three ships are identical in every way, except for their names. Inside, its basically a strict military organization, you step out of line, you pay the consequences. The goal of these ships is to eventually find a new home planet for humans. The Ogons eventually want to start a breeding program on the new planet, to be able to survive and not die out, but that is quite a way in the distance. There is the massive size of space to cross, searching for a planet with breathable air, clean water and a food source big enough for them. Those who's homes haven't been entirely destroyed yet will have the chance to bring the clothes on their backs and three items with them, their combined size no larger than a toaster. These are the only thing you can take with you to remind of your family and friends who are already dead, or waiting to die, and of course, planet earth.

DT Link- viewtopic.php?f=200&t=97022
beep

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:55 am
Dreamery says...

This looks like an interesting storybook. I'd love to join but I'm nervous. I've never actually participated in a storybook before.

170 Reviews

Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:19 am
yubbies21 says...

A First Time Story Booker! Wow! First of all, I know you'll do great. This should be an easy one to start with, it won't such a rapid pace like some of the other ones. I'd be glad for you to join, and there is absolutely no reason to be nervous. Just get to know your character before you start writing. Try out some of the writing activities that ask you to fill out forms about your character, it really helps. Just dive in, be adventuress, be bold. I wish you the best of luck!
beep

170 Reviews

Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:46 am
yubbies21 says...

Name: Zoe Miznir

Girl or Boy: Girl

Age (passenger- 12- 19, Crew Member- 25-40, Ogons- unspecified): 14

Passenger/Crew Member/ Ogons: Passenger

Personality (Detailed): Zoe is quiet and shy, deathly afraid of what is happening on earth. She is afraid of dying and is very timid. She loves the stories of Medival princes and Knights rescuing Damsels. She pictures herself in the story, being rescued by knight in shinig armor. Right now she feels like she needs rescuing from this terrible nightmare. Zoe is hard to talk to, she doesn’t like new people. She doesn’t want to make new friends. She gets embarrassed easily, especially in new situations.

Appearance (pics welcome in spoilers): 5’1 and proud of it. Her family was, in a word, short. She was the tallest person in her family before, well, they met with unfortunate circumstances. Her face is small, and round with light skin. She has a cute little button nose, sprinkled with freckles. Her nose wrinkles when she laughs, but that happens only rarely now.. Large, brown, puppy dog eyes, that can beg and plead so convincingly. Her, small, delicate features make her look younger than she is. Her Straight brown hair hangs down her back like a limp curtain, held back by a wide, red head band.
Spoiler! :

History(remember the recent occurrences on earth): Her family was killed in a recent earthquake that flattened their home. Only Zoe made it out alive with a few cherished items. Ever since she has been scrounging the desolate waste-land formerly known as Earth. She has made her ‘home’ out of old wood scraps leaning together in a cluster of similar homes among other people who lost their real homes. She is surrounded by the dead and dying, wondering if it is her who will die next. All of her friends were killed in various disasters over the past few months and she has barely stopped crying. She spends her time looking for food and reading her book over and over.

Up for love (no graphics/sex scenes): She wants a romantic knight to swoop in and save her, a Damsel in Distress

Other?: She was wearing muddy blue jeans and a badly torn red tee-shirt when she received the notice. She took her favorite book, “Quest of Knights”, a locket that was her Great-Grandma’s, and her family’s small photo album.
beep

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:24 pm
catcha01 says...

I would really love to join in this storybook. I hope to make a great story with everyone. I know it's late,but if its still open may I join.
Writing alone can be my escape. Writing with others is my idea of fun

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:09 am
Blackwood says...

Can reserve Arvais please?

Spoiler! :
Also do you plan on doing another hunger games after the current one is finished? It was very well organized.
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:19 am
wordsandwishes says...

* is already in 4 storybooks*

*sees this one*

Oh my gosh this looks so cool!

*jumps in* ^u^

Can I reserve a female passenger spot on The Last Chance?

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:03 am
wordsandwishes says...

takes silence as a yes

Name: Alexandra (But everybody calls her Lexi)
Girl or Boy: Girl
Age (passenger- 12- 19, Crew Member- 25-40, Ogons- unspecified):16
Passenger/Crew Member/ Ogons: Passenger
Personality (Detailed): Lexi is... unique. She is very bright, happy, outgoing, a total optimist, and won't take crap from anyone. She loves to laugh, and talk (arguably too much), but is an excellent listener, and tends to give pretty good advice. Lexi is also sweet, overly compassionate, and extremely sensitive/intuitive to what goes on around her. She's also very argumentative, given the fact that she's very smart and usually right. Though, she never takes it well when she isn't.
Appearance (pics welcome in spoilers): Lexi has long wavy platinum blond hair that she's constantly swiping out of her face, a nice figure, slightly thin due to starvation, and deep green eyes. She also about 5.9, with fair skin and fingernails worn down to the nub. She's pretty, but refuses to see it.
History(remember the recent occurrences on earth): Lexi doesn't like to talk about her past. She lived in an apartment in downtown New York, and when the tremors first started, chaos broke loose rather easily. Her family is dead. Most of her friends are too.
One Saturday morning Lexi awoke to a living nightmare. She watched in horror as her friends and neighbours turned on one another. Murdered each other. Amidst the chaos, Lexi learned very quickly to adapt, trust no one and always watch your back. Most people/friends she speaks to think they know her. However, they always soon discover, that despite her talkative nature, they don't even know her name.
Despite the fact that she was left to fend for herself, Lexi couldn't bear to watch the suffering of those around her and do nothing. She began to read into medicine, forage for it, and other medical supplies. Later, she opened a small all-purpose clinic. There she earned a title given to her by the patents, as most were badly injured and near death: Angel.
Up for love (no graphics/sex scenes): Yup, straight, but good luck catching her^^
Other?: Nope.

170 Reviews

Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:17 am
View Likes
yubbies21 says...

Anybody can post a profile!

Blackwood-
Spoiler! :
You can have Arvais! :D

I'm not sure about doing another Hunger Games SB yet, but I've given it some thought. Just let me finish the first one! :D
beep

Perhaps when we find ourselves wanting everything, it is because we are dangerously close to wanting nothing.
— Sylvia Plath